What is wrong with Ratsun, can it be fixed?

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guilty as charged. I admit it, I don't come here much anymore. Why? I don't really know.

My truck is dead, everyone has seen my 411sss, and my Z has a V8, which is blasphemy to most of you. And my new daily isn't even Japanese.

No negative thoughts or feelings about anyone or anything. Just sorta feels like groundhog day around here. 

It's not you, it's me. I guess I just don't love you anymore. 

Honestly I don't know how D Mike does it. Answering the same questions over and over and over and over and... 

But I will be back.

• Like 2

When most of the questions were about maintaining or fixing mostly stock Datsuns, I used to contribute a lot.  But seems like the amount of questions about stock stuff has dwindled and more is about engine swaps and such, which I know relatively nothing about.  I avoid EFI as much as possible (both fuel injected Datsuns I owned were basket cases with bad ECUs and failing everything else EFI related).  Carbs I know.  Single Downdraft ones.  EFI is fine when it works but when it doesn't it's a much bigger pain.  Carbs, it's one part. 

Of course, I ended up buying a newer vehicle (kind of like Hainz did, though I stayed Nissan) though it too has EFI issues (damn knock sensor).

• Like 2

^^ that guy caught me

:lol:

OrangeJuly014_zps93751f41.jpg

:rofl:  Sorry man, I figured that.

Here, I made it better, no one will look naow!!!

OrangeJuly014_zps93751f41doublemike_zpsb

Heheheh, sorry Mike.

Jeezus, I almost look like a pedophile. Almost. She's too old for me.... and you can't see the bag of candy in my left hand.

• Like 2

Where all the mods.  Come on guys how about some input.  As you are the only ones that can really change things here.  I can only do so much.

Sorry was working on my Datsun n stuff. 

You like my new t-case shifter? 

IMG_2731.jpg

my opinion is that the management of the site has become stagnated. 

notice who the only mod is to mention anything in this thread? 

it doesnt take a genius to see that the site is ran by just a few of the many mods.  

Thankfully ratsun hasn't required much moderating lately, it's been great. No spam, no assholes to ban, fan fucking tastic if you ask me :D

This is good conversion and it is sad that Mike seams on his own.  But Mike is handling it well.  There has to be some kind of sensor ship on a public forum to keep the forum out of hot water with the internet gods.   And then there has to be guidelines that the forum masters create to keep the forum a happy place.  so to say a forum is a democracy is wrong.

I do not do face book either.  I think it is a waste of time.  I do not care what phatbear13 had for dinner.

Mikes not on his own and he knows it. :)

I don't know about you guys, but I think of ratsun as a bit more than a forum.

If anything needs fixing, its the sense of community. We are not just individuals visiting an online archive of information. We're a group with similar ideas. The internet is just the easiest method of communicating with such a wide spread group.

This right here. Although I don't think much needs fixing, see my response above to our farming friend. 

RatsunMug3.png

Nioce!1!

Fix Ratsun? I don't think anyone can fix us, we love Datsuns.....

... and lastly, this ^

Love you guys  :sneaky:

• Like 7

Mods, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG, NEITHER WITH THE SITE, NOR WITH YOU GUYS.

Thank you all, for doing what you've done and keep doing. Members as well- thank you. For were it not for you, this place would not exist, and for some, life would be way less colorful, in my opinion.

Many people that come on the site, unfortunately DO NOT READ, READ, REEEEEAD thoroughly through the site's different places of topics thus, miscategorizing things, then getting called out on it and eventually getting frustrated and ticked off. Thinking it was something personal, they complain and, etc... You all know all the outcomes, and THAT'S why you mods do what you do.

I like the entire set up. I am yet to master the handling of it by informing myself and studying it.

Posting ACCORDINGLY saves lots of trouble for everyone, and the reading flows much easier and enjoyable. If you take the time to read carefully- All is organized! And, that's what they're here for. We just simply gotta keep it organized ourselves. And, some of us are NOT organized and DON'T like it. Tough.

And, if people call it what they call it- a democracy, dictatorship or not, you're all looking out for the well being of Ratsun, and the rest of the community to keep making it unique, clean, solid and strong.

Personally: There's nothing to change, but to enhance. For you will never please thousands of different views and opinions.

I am very thankful and I GREATLY APPRECIATE all you've done and continue to do.

KEEP UP THE GREAT, AWESOME JOB, CONTINUOUSLY!!! I APPROVE OF IT!

-I am 505Plus5, and I approve this message. ;-)

• Like 3

Because ratsun has gotten to big. And the good build threads are far and few between any more. People are more worried about making there car look rusted out rather then making them functional and safe

I see maybe 2 or 3 rusty type projects on the first page of Project Datto... 

More awesome threads like this there though.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/39955-74-620-v8-autox/

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/64641-72-skyline-yukika/

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/64290-kalanis-72-dime/

and this one in general discussion :cool: 

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/62893-datsun-metal-shaping-automotive-panel-craft/

I hardly think your going to find many people trying to make their car look rusty...unless you keep rereading Indy's threads. :lol: 

• Like 2

Because ratsun has gotten to big. And the good build threads are far and few between any more. People are more worried about making there car look rusted out rather then making them functional and safe

Show us some build threads like that..  From a new member not Icehouse or Pumpkin210 or any of the members from Everette that have been on here since 2007 .. :P

I realize some guys can throw their bank accounts at the car they never drive ( OR like a few pat themselves on the back as the greatest thing to ever touch a Datsun,,, then never actually finish)  but some of us are on very limited budgets..

. If you go back in project datto to last page,,, half icehouses builds are exactly what you describe.. And Pumkins car was a pretty nice car,,,, before the 2007 member started working his "magic" on it.

:rofl:

• Like 3

Yes, there is definitely something wrong with Ratsun.

There are only 92 replies in 18 hours.

cyber.jpg

Of which well over 20% were replies by 3 mods and one 'owner' of the forum. Which shows that big brother IS watching.

• Like 1

What is wrong with Ratsun, can it be fixed?

It doesn't pay any of my rent, which means I can't afford a place with a garage in this overpriced paradise to work on my Datsun in...can't even get a driveway!

Otherwise...who knows. Not really sure why some people got bent a while back. Only annoying thing about the classifieds now is they can't be bumped.

• Like 1

Actually 'liter' is not French, it's 'Murican for 'litre' which is a French word. Liter would almost sound like litter but with the 'i, e' vowels split by a 't' consonant it should sound more like lighter.

Trust the early Yanks to fuck up an easy word to spell, just to be independent and different.  

(maybe that didn't come out right, or maybe that shouldn't have come out at all.... fucking back pain....)

• Like 2