What is wrong with Ratsun, can it be fixed?

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's 4X what I have.  More people have viewed her profile (which has virtually no information or status) than have looked at the "Hotties and Non-Dotties" thread at this point.

You can't say it's the novelty of a female member either.  The next most viewed profile of a female member is Jassifrass, and her profile has only been viewed 7k times.

I tried search engine key terms to see if she was coming up first on Google or something, but so far no luck.  There's something strange going on and it's extremely mundane and a waste of time studying.  And also bothering the shit out of me now that I know about it.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/57866-520-light-relay-replacement/

It's some weird shit alright. Probably a forum glitch.

• Like 1

Maltese, you're doing math backwards.

http://woodbetweenworlds.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-berenstein-bears-we-are-living-in.html

I like this guy's theory.  "I know I'm right.  All evidence says I'm wrong. Therefore, the entire universe is wrong."

I propose that, in a slightly different version of the Ratsun Universe,  dirtypaws was our most prolific poster.  However, somewhere along the way, we slipped into an alternate universe.  What caused the split is hard to say.  I theorize that there is another Ratsun out there where Skib still drops the banhammer regularly, Texas is winning on the scoreboard, Little LLama is still dwnshftr,  Fisch finished the F10 drawing and went on to do a 710 next, and we all know dirtypaws and possibly wish she'd shut up so we could get a word in.

..... and people like the new classifieds.

Edited by Rhapakatui
  • Like 2

•  
  • 20,430 Total Members

Yeah. Figured at least 11 members didn't take the bait.

20K + members is close to the total members that have joined over 7 years? At any one time there are only a limited number active, some coming some gone, some that join but never post or come back.  No one before 2013 could have looked only after she posted.

• Like 1

All this sentiment is touching and everything, but I think I found the REAL problem.

Member: dirtypaws

Joined 29-September 13

New Members · 20,441 Views

photo-33422.jpg?_r=1381034898

This chick made 3 posts in 2013, but her profile has been viewed 7th most among all members.

http://community.ratsun.net/index.php?app=members&module=list

I'll admit that I'm now 2 of those views.

I don't have the foggiest clue WHY this is a problem, or how to fix it, but that shit is weird.

...research continues.  Updates as they come.

Visited

:thumbup:

• Like 2

For me personally, it boils down to a couple things:

1) I get soo tired of seeing people encourage and congratulate others who have (or want to) perform horribly stupid acts/ideas to their cars. The amount of encouraged dumb ideas blows me away. Even though the number of people encouraging these stupid ideas is probably rather small, it makes the group as a whole look like a bunch of idiots who don't have a clue what they're doing. You don't find this on sites like The realm, which is why 510 guys use that site for "real" technical help for the 510's. This is why I never ask for technical help on here, although I will still give solid adice to correct some of the dumb recommendations.

2) The other is the high school attitude. Not enough professionalism, too much bitching, too much flaming, and in general very little respect for fellow members. Look at how often topics get locked, the frequency is ridiculous. If you don't have anything nice to say, keep your mouth shut. If people could grow up it would make a massive difference.

I'm sure this will piss some people off, but these are the reasons I don't come on and post even remotely as much as I used to. It's also one of the reasons I was one of the guys who started my own forum. We don't have these problems on our site.

• Like 7

I think what he is saying is, Ratsun is a cheap beer in the can kind of crowd whiles the Realm is more a Scotch and soda establishment.

Probably true, but sometimes a comfy dive bar is what you need to unwind, while other times its nice to dress up and go uptown for a drink.

Can we add this silly thread to the ever popular list of lockdom?

One last thing, do you guys like a natural clay or a medicated peel off mask before bed?

• Like 3