• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple years of basic training right out of high school won't hurt anyone, excempt those that got scholarship for University.

I wouldn't exempt anyone getting a scholarship. They just get deferred scholarship use.

• Like 2

I don't think our so society is not ready for that kind of thing, unlike other countries like Israel.

Agreed. Compulsory military service just seems to work better in an homogenous society. Honestly, I doubt there's been a shortage of volunteers for the military in the forty+ years since the draft was abolished. When the services feel like they're not getting the bodies they feel the need they start issuing waivers for vision, hearing, ASVAB scores, iffy tats, etc.

It's different in Argentina, it was automatic right after you finished HS unless you had a career path via University, came to an end in 94 when I was drafted, luckily for me we got our green cards finalized that year, I still had to go do all the physical shit, but didn't get sent to the Amazon jungle.

Can't speak for other times or branches, but 2001 Navy basic training was mostly just team building exercises, learning to March, and a crash course in military bearing and history.

Plus a serious amount of focus on being tidy. Like, crazy amounts of emphasis into folding and cleaning things exactly the same as everyone else.

The PT actually got harder in A school.

• Like 2

KO, your talking as if all of the youth today are entitled, from my experience i see a lot that are attending college and works part time, some FT, i even know some that are starting their own business. Yes, there are some that are not doing anything with their lives but to paint a brushstroke as if all young people are entitled is not right. My nephew owns his own garage door business for the last 8 years and is now 30 years and has saved enough money for a down payment for house in Nevada. My other nephew has been working 2 jobs for the last 10 years, he too is trying to save for a house. My sons best friend works a full time and part time job and helps his mom with the bills. Yeh, its kinda discouraging when u see or hear about this generation but there are some that work their butts off and going somewhere by having goals and having a dream.

I never said ALL, there are the exception to the rule, naturally.

We do , and should continue

Was kidding. One of the causes of the downfall of Rome was widespread use of mercenaries. They fight for money... anyone's money. Loyalty for a fee.

• Like 1

George Soros spending some money, costing the German people in repair damages.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4670214/Hamburg-braces-major-pre-G20-protest-leaders-land.html

'Welcome to hell': G20 protesters start fires after riot police hit them with water cannons and pepper sprays in clashes ahead of Hamburg summit

I may have hard this wrong today listening to the news, I think someone said Merkel set up the location for the protests to take place,....