• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadiq Khan: Why Is Terrorism in London Inevitable but Fire Isn’t?

Who is more dangerous: One terrorist with a couple of knives, or the Mayor of London?

Khan has taken the view—quite rightly in my opinion—that these sorts of large-scale fires are not inevitable. They rarely happen in Britain because of our tough fire regulations and are basically unheard of in buildings that comply with all those rules.

But while Khan does not think fires are an inevitable part of life in London, he thinks terrorism is something we ought to just accept. Last year he was quoted as saying terror was “part and parcel of living in a big city.”

President Donald Trump was among those who took his comments to be evidence that he was somehow pro-terrorist—but they were wrong to do so. Sadiq Khan is worse than that. He knows that mass immigration causes the social tensions that lead to terrorism, but he believes that is a price Britain should pay to pursue his multi-cultural dream.

http://observer.com/2017/06/sadiq-khan-terrorism-london-fire/

Buildings burn down. Every city has a building that burns down every day. There's probably a building on fire right now. What is so special about this?

When I was a kid there was no cable and TV was through the air to antennas. I could get CHCH TV in Hamilton, and WKBW in Buffalo. WKBW... all they started every news cast with "Fire in Cheektowaga!!!!". It was the only news station what wouldn't report that a flying saucer landed at city hall.... unless it caught fire. 

Bezos, Slim, and Buffett,

Publicly Pleading Poverty,

Ask Congress for Help

With Their Newspapers

It’s the sort of brazen move that might ordinarily trigger a front-page news story or an outraged editorial — a bunch of rich individuals asking Congress to write them a law that would give them better negotiating power against other rich individuals.

Yet in this case, the rich individuals wanting special treatment are the newspaper owners themselves. Washington Post owner Jeff Bezos (worth $83.9 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaire’s Index), New York Times owner Carlos Slim (worth $61.1 billion), and Buffalo News owner Warren Buffett ($76.9 billion), publicly pleading poverty, are asking Congress for a helping hand in their negotiations with Google, controlled by Sergey Brin ($45.6 billion) and Larry Page ($46.8 billion).

In a Wall Street Journal op-ed, David Chavern, president and chief executive of the News Media Alliance, whose board has representatives of Bezos-Slim- and Buffett-backed papers, complained about what he called “an economically squeezed news industry.” The Times, in a column sympathetic to the effort, likened the news providers to “serfs.”

http://www.nysun.com/national/bezos-slim-and-buffett-billionaires-pleading/90026/#.WWN95gS-is8.twitter

• Like 1

Buildings burn down. Every city has a building that burns down every day. There's probably a building on fire right now. What is so special about this?

When I was a kid there was no cable and TV was through the air to antennas. I could get CHCH TV in Hamilton, and WKBW in Buffalo. WKBW... all they started every news cast with "Fire in Cheektowaga!!!!". It was the only news station what wouldn't report that a flying saucer landed at city hall.... unless it caught fire. 

Really Mike, you do not get what is special about Camdon Market and why it is news.

• Like 1

https://www.wired.com/story/machiavelli-trump-press/

Excellently written opinion piece.

I tried but lost interest after a few paragraphs.My opinion is Trump is beating the press pretty good.Look at the credibility CNN and others have lost because Trump runs his mouth.They've been on his ass since well before he was elected,he got elected.WIN !

• Like 1

I tried but lost interest after a few paragraphs.My opinion is Trump is beating the press pretty good.Look at the credibility CNN and others have lost because Trump runs his mouth.They've been on his ass since well before he was elected,he got elected.WIN !

I'm glad you're able to stay positive. My take is more "Trump says random shit. Overzealous news agency tries to create outrage. News shoots self in foot. We all suffer.

Preppers were right. The end is here. It just came from way out in left field with a retro 80s twist.

Lifestyles_of_the_Rich_%26_Famous.jpg

• Like 1