• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

I was stationed in osan afb back in the 80s there's not us troops to quell an invasion from the north. Supposedly there are 10,000 n. Korea artillery pieces aimed at South Korea. If a war does break out, all of Asia, the world, us will be affected. They may even instill the draft.

Quite frankly, we need the draft back in order for the American male to regain their balls, fuck the hipster mental diarrhea!

• Like 2

Way to go Oregon! Now Rachel Maddow can become whatever the hell it is! 

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/oregon-issues-first-gender-neutral-state-id-cards-n777801

CA lawmakers will probably be crying -

because they hadn't thought of that first.

I'm going back to the '70's.

• Like 2

Way to go Oregon! Now Rachel Maddow can become whatever the hell it is! 

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/oregon-issues-first-gender-neutral-state-id-cards-n777801

I still don't understand what this does, can I walk in and use any gender designated amenities?, I don't get what privilege you get from it....am I missing something here?

• Like 1

Quite frankly, we need the draft back in order for the American male to regain their balls, fuck the hipster mental diarrhea!

No,no,no on the draft.Can you imagine the pussies we would have defending our country,not to mention the court battles that would be created.

I still don't understand what this does, can I walk in and use any gender designated amenities?, I don't get what privilege you get from it....am I missing something here?

It's going to make somebody feel all warm and fuzzy if they're not required to pick what they really are.And yes,i sure don't get it either.Don't politicians have better things to do ?

• Like 2

Have you looked around?, Entitled society is killing our country!

There's no threat to warrant taking my kid and getting him killed over seas. I wouldn't be against conscription if the law was very clear, fair, and well written to avoid government abuses.

Better to put people to work supporting the millitary than send them into the broken prison system.

• Like 2

Maybe make some training opportunities in the state side millitary and fill those jobs with kids on a path to nowhere.

Reserve combat duties for the ones that sign up. Give more support to millitary families to encourage teens to join and help their circumstances and their neighbors.

• Like 1

If history is correct, the rich and the politically connected will be able to defer their children from the draft or at least have their children be assigned in stateside away from the front lines. The ones who end up fighting wars or at the front lines will be the poor and or don't have the means to have their child deferred from going to war.

There were still many draftees when I entered active duty army in 1989 but I would never support a draft. Military service provides some of the saddest, loneliest days you will ever know in your lifetime. I would never support someone being forced into what I volunteered for. I grew to love it but being told by drill sergeants to remember that I volunteered for all the silliness was a pretty strong motivator during the rougher times. You can't tell a draftee that.

One thing I would like to see brought back is an army and a marine corps that would allow a person without a GED or high school diploma to enlist on condition that they obtain one within a year of coming on active duty. This was common practice up until the mid-1980s. In addition to basic and AIT training the military would prep the service member for a GED test given on base by military personnel. I would love to see this return. I met a lot of great young people in the construction industry who longed for military service but for whatever reason had dropped out of high school and had since been unable to find the time to complete their education.

• Like 1

Im fairly my sure if war breaks out and uncle Sam does not have enough regulars and needs warm bodies, he will be flexible and let people in with no hs diploma or GED.

well, not in any conflicts since 1986 or so. 9/11 saw lots of people rejected for military service because of no diploma and the military instituted stop-loss (refuse to let members leave when their enlistment was up) rather than lower requirements during these eternal desert campaigns.

Couple years of basic training right out of high school won't hurt anyone, excempt those that got scholarship for University.

i'm sure it's gotten worse since i went through but was basically just summer fat camp for me. and no where near a couple years, i don't think basic training was ever more than half a year but i could be wrong

• Like 1

i'm sure it's gotten worse since i went through but was basically just summer fat camp for me. and no where near a couple years, i don't think basic training was ever more than half a year but i could be wrong

These kids raised by manbun purse carrying hipsters need two years for a good clensing from the intense pussification they're getting....

• Like 3

Basic training is usually 8 weeks, at least when i went in back in the days in the air force. I'm fairly sure, With tech school could be longer. My tech school was 6 now. I do think basic training will be good for some but people will find ways to get out and. I don't think our so society is not ready for that kind of thing, unlike other countries like Israel.

These kids raised by manbun purse carrying hipsters need two years for a good clensing from the intense pussification they're getting....

I'm guessing you didn't go. Basic training is "basic." The real training starts when that's out of the way.

I'm guessing you didn't go. Basic training is "basic." The real training starts when that's out of the way.

It's different in Argentina, it was automatic right after you finished HS unless you had a career path via University, came to an end in 94 when I was drafted, luckily for me we got our green cards finalized that year, I still had to go do all the physical shit, but didn't get sent to the Amazon jungle.

KO, your talking as if all of the youth today are entitled, from my experience i see a lot that are attending college and works part time, some FT, i even know some that are starting their own business. Yes, there are some that are not doing anything with their lives but to paint a brushstroke as if all young people are entitled is not right. My nephew owns his own garage door business for the last 8 years and is now 30 years and has saved enough money for a down payment for house in Nevada. My other nephew has been working 2 jobs for the last 10 years, he too is trying to save for a house. My sons best friend works a full time and part time job and helps his mom with the bills. Yeh, its kinda discouraging when u see or hear about this generation but there are some that work their butts off and going somewhere by having goals and having a dream.

• Like 1