Crime and Punishment?

Describes the participation of Donna Hylton in the kidnap and murder of real estate broker, Thomas Vigliarole. Background of Hylton; Description of the crime; Life in the prison.

By Jill Neimark, published on July 1, 1995 - last reviewed on June 9, 2016

A young black woman was an accessory to the gruesome murder of a white male. She got 25 years. Ten years into her term, at a time when sentences are getting harsher, her imprisonment raises disturbing questions about punishment meted out to women who kill men, to minority women in general, and about the nature of imprisonment--and redemption.

Girl gang seized in trunk slaying, ran the headline in the tabloid New York Post on April 8, 1985. The full-page article--and other articles and columns in the New York Times and various local papers--went on to describe one of the most sensational crimes of the year, a Nassau County to New York City kidnapping and murder that required 10 detectives in Long Island and nine in New York City working overtime to break the case.

Donna Hylton has been in prison 10 years for her part in the brutal, spectacular murder, in which three men and four women tortured a Long Island real-estate broker and, once he was dead, shut him up in a footlocker to decompose.

The victim was 62-year-old Thomas Vigliarole, a balding real-estate broker cum con man whose partner in crime, Louis Miranda, thought Vigliarole had swindled him out of $139,000 on a mutual con. The two men had sold shares in a New York City condo and meant to pocket the money for themselves, but Miranda hadn't gotten his share.

Vigliarole believed the three girls were prostitutes who were going to have sex with him. Instead, they picked him up on March 8 in Elmhurst, Queens, at Maria's home, and drugged him to make him drowsy. Then they drove him to Selma's apartment in Harlem. The apartment had already been prepared for an extended torture session: The closet door had been cut, a pot put in it for use as a toilet, the windows boarded.

For the next 15 to 20 days (police aren't sure just when Vigliarole died), the man was starved, burned, beaten, and tortured. (Even 10 years later, Spurling could recall Rita's chilling response when they questioned her about shoving a three-foot metal bar up Vigliarole's rear: "He was a homo anyway." How did she know? "When I stuck the bar up his rectum he wiggled.")

https://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/199507/crime-and-punishment

"WHO IS THIS BITCH AND WHY SHOULD I GIVE A FUCK!?!"

fair enough.....

Read the whole article and it was intense, then did some research and still don't know why she got the mic.

• Like 1
  • Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

To add to my other post. Those state dept liberals are so brilliant. Not only are the people missing out on a fe extra days pay, but on leaving and not getting fired the brilliant liberals are not eligible for unemployment insurance. Just saved the US 10,000's dollars.

on getting other government jobs, not in the next 8 years.

Because the only thing worth valuing is money? BTW why do you assume they were liberals? Conservative have honor too.

:rofl: hahahaha I can't stop laughing!!!! Wow California! Wow!!!!! :rofl: your schools are a joke!

And I heard that Trump stopped Toilet Paper Products -

what will we do,if we can't get Toilet Paper?

Emily Lytella lives! 

• Like 1

Because the only thing worth valuing is money? BTW why do you assume they were liberals? Conservative have honor too.

in the picture of the federal government, saving tax dollars more or less yes. It is going to be so sweet to watch this happen over and over again as Trump cuts 20% of federal employed.

Do you really think a conservative is going to leave the job when he/she is finally able to work for someone honorable?

• Like 1

I would expect nothing less for those who have served our country for so long. Love em or hate em, they held a position high up in Washington for a long ass time, climbing to the top of their Dept. They are very hire able. This was not a sacrifice of theirs, this was saying fuck it, I'm not sacrificing any more of myself for this bullshit. Imagine buying the worlds best restaurant and having every head chef resign. Patrons of that restaurant will not be to excited about going there for dinner. Especially if Duck Dynasty is the new chef.

So, you're ok with giving them kudos and payouts despite the corruption within the department.....unbelievable.... :sick: :no:

And you call yourself a libertarian???? :rofl: nice try!

Look, those ppl know the Benghazi thing isn't over. They were the same team that did the transition from Bush to Obama and had been in place for the last 9 years.

Those people are not getting hired by anyone but Erik Prince. They won't be picked up by a private firm because they're under active investigation.

Second amendment, I have been shot TWICE in America. You will find no single individual in this country with a firmer stance on gun control.

Use both hands, apply smooth controlled pressure, and don't anticipate the recoil. Both times I was shot it was by a convicted felon that had illegally obtained a firearm. If you want to defend yourself and others you should. Take a class, get a permit, buy a gun, train often. Criminals do.

• Like 5

Look, those ppl know the Benghazi thing isn't over. They were the same team that did the transition from Bush to Obama and had been in place for the last 9 years.

Those people are not getting hired by anyone but Erik Prince. They won't be picked up by a private firm because they're under active investigation.

Second amendment, I have been shot TWICE in America. You will find no single individual in this country with a firmer stance on gun control.

Use both hands, apply smooth controlled pressure, and don't anticipate the recoil. Both times I was shot it was by a convicted felon that had illegally obtained a firearm. If you want to defend yourself and others you should. Take a class, get a permit, buy a gun, train often. Criminals do.

Sorry to hear the felons had decent enough aim to connect. I'm lucky, one hills have eyes wannabe was too drunk to aim well enough, the other was dumb enough to use bird shot from 75 yards in thick forest...he lost his balls when informed I was about to return heat in the form of 45acp. Like you, it didn't make me freak out and convert to gun grabber.
  • Like 4

Sorry to hear the felons had decent enough aim to connect. I'm lucky, one hills have eyes wannabe was too drunk to aim well enough, the other was dumb enough to use bird shot from 75 yards in thick forest...he lost his balls when informed I was about to return heat in the form of 45acp. Like you, it didn't make me freak out and convert to gun grabber.

I don't have an exact count but... hundreds of rounds fired at me. That's just inside American boarders.

I took jobs protecting people. I put myself in those situations because there are legitimate threats to good people. I'd do it again.

I believe that if you can protect someone, you should. Both of those shootings I became a meat shield.

• Like 1

I don't have an exact count but... hundreds of rounds fired at me. That's just inside American boarders.

I took jobs protecting people. I put myself in those situations because there are legitimate threats to good people. I'd do it again.

I believe that if you can protect someone, you should. Both of those shootings I became a meat shield.

Fuckin good for you man, not many people out there are willing to sacrifice themselves for someone else. Not many are lucky enough to do it more than once. (No sarcasm intended)

• Like 1

Take notes, Paradime & tr8er, maybe you'll learn something here.....like for example, Trump wasn't all talk during his campaign, unlike ALL the politicians in government...

CNN says Trump is "obsessed" with keeping his campaign promises. They are stunned that he is keeping his word.

1615470964-George-Orwell-truth-quotes.jp

How Donald Trump changed the presidency in 7 days

In the delivery column, mark down an executive order calling for the building of a wall on the southern US border -- honoring Trump's earliest campaign vow. He's also made it easier to deport undocumented immigrants. Trump pulled America out of the Trans Pacific Partnership trade pact, rupturing decades of US foreign policy orthodoxy that power was projected through multilateral deals.

But the determination to keep campaign promises is verging on an obsession inside the Trump White House. Those close to the President believe that despite the uproar in Washington, the actions are being well received.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/27/politics/donald-trump-first-week/index.html

• Like 3

So. What of promises we made as a country? In Paris. If the United States makes a promise, is it appropriate for the following President to go back on our word? Serious question there.

ummm,...NOT OUR word/promises. 0bama's promises, which right now count about as much as shopping receipt a year after you ate the groceries.

• Like 8