And.... regarding CalExit... a little bit of history for you. Enjoy your Caliphate.

The name California is surmised by some writers to have derived from a fictional paradise peopled by Black Amazons and ruled by Queen Calafia,[19][20] who fought alongside Muslims and whose name was chosen to echo the title of a Muslim leader, the Caliph, fictionally implying that California was the Caliphate.[21] The story of Calafia is recorded in a 1510 work The Adventures of Esplandián, written as a sequel to Amadis de Gaula by Spanish adventure writer Garci Rodríguez de Montalvo.[22][23][24] The kingdom of Queen Calafia, according to Montalvo, was said to be a remote land inhabited by griffins and other strange beasts, and rich in gold.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/California

• Like 1
  • Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Nato thing is going to drive a small wedge, but not enough to cause any real harm in the relationship. May is obviously still pro EU and pro Europe and Trump is not, he is going with anything Nigel Farage says who doesn't agree with May.

To tell you the truth, do not know much about her. She has not been in the news much. Nato is going to be an ongoing issue. Trump gets us out of Nato all of a sudden the European countries have to step up and cover the cost of protecting the homeland. So it might end up like what 38 special sang about, hold on loosely but don't let go.

I think The Donald really gets along with people we are a lot like him. From what I hear Netanyahu and Trump repaired 8 years of discord in 15min.

• Like 1

I have worked a number of Barry Amendment compliant facilities that require US made goods and services. A nail made in the US is $0.08. A nail made in China is $0.01. That means the cost of buying nails was 8x higher than the contractor expected. Screws were about the same and bolts were worse. The Steel though... Jesus... it was like 15x.

In structural building the costs go astronomical fast.

However if held and tested to an ASME or ASTM standard about 80% of fasteners from China, Thailand, and Mexico fail... the Rockwell Hardness test or chemical composition is unbelievably low. A Grade 8 bolt from China rarely tests out at ASTM Grade 8 hardness.

The US, UK, and Australian parts I've personally tested have a 97-99% pass rate. 2-5% is acceptable because they're fasteners. But they are all exponentially more. Now try sourcing everything for a house as being built in a G9 county. Good luck. A lot of that industry has died out here.

kind of makes my point.

On your end what you work at would kind of make me cringe to know something would have an 80% chance of failure.

My brother bought a bunch of harbor freight tools, Only to end up having to replace them all. Ended up being the most expensive thing he bought. A total loss.

Electronics I think would be another issue. Clothing, no US factories and have not been for some time. Would be costly to get a workforce up and ready for production.

kind of makes my point.

On your end what you work at would kind of make me cringe to know something would have an 80% chance of failure.

My brother bought a bunch of harbor freight tools, Only to end up having to replace them all. Ended up being the most expensive thing he bought. A total loss.

Electronics I think would be another issue. Clothing, no US factories and have not been for some time. Would be costly to get a workforce up and ready for production.

Except that if production costs for building a building go up on the safe side, we'll double them. So the cost of building a 1,000 sq/ft house goes from $65,000 to $130,000 overnight... we're in a deep hole.

I've seen estimates on making iPhones here putting their retail at $2,500-$3,000 ea. TV's, microwave, range stoves... all go up. Entire COL goes up. However.... quality goes up. I build my own furniture... takes forever but it's made out of oak... not some veneered bullshit. It will be around long after I'm not. Same with my lamps, firearms and probably... my Datsun.

On a different topic...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/27/politics/mexico-billionaire-carlos-slim-trump/index.html

This rat bastard owns the controlling shares of Time Warner's stock... CNN's parent company and holds a complete monopoly on phone usage in Mexico. He is a straight up piece of shit. Honestly... dudes bad enough I'd pay money to spit in his face.

• Like 1

Yea, I totally get the price jump in building. Just reminds me of the current flooring issue and the Dry wall from a few years ago. Spend 65,000 then be unable to live in the home. What cost more a 65,000 dollar home you can not live in or a 130,000 dollar one you can? Of course most are going to buy the 65,000 home.

A lot of people still look at price and not quality. Local real wood furniture cost a nice dollar or two, Outlet centers that sell the softy and pretty junk that last a few years at most. Interesting that a lot of them get it when it comes to food and not other items.

• Like 1

Shop at estate sales.

You get the best of all deals.

Cheap, well made stuff that is being reused and therefore not going to a landfill or being manufactured in environment destroying factories. Plus the money stays in the community.

And, if you're super lucky, someone died horribly in the vicinity of your new treasures and their spirit will follow you until you solve the mystery of their demise.

Bonus entertainment points.

• Like 4

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/27/carlos-slim-says-a-united-mexico-will-help-the-government-negotiate-with-trump.html

"Slim called Trump's decision to move manufacturing irrational and costly, joking that the U.S. needs Mexicans to build the wall. The billionaire said Mexico's workforce works harder and learns faster than the American workforce. Slim said he hopes Mexico can show the U.S. that they should produce more in his country."

Think Slim just lost that battle.

• Like 1

How come it's not called global warming anymore.. and is now being referred to as 'climate change'. Did it stop warming at some point, or did enough people call bullshit on it so they had to change the name.

That is not owing to any actual natural occurences that physically changed,it's the desire of many to down play it is all. 

Media and vested business interests who do not want the status quo that makes them rich stop have control over the headlines and other prominent influential avenues of information dissemination,as seen in the elections recently where Trump and HRC had a whole lot of falsehoods and some truths mixed in to such dependant on who was the one paying/controlling the particular media or other influential machine that the populace look @ and take note of.

With "Climate Change" or "Global Warming" they are essentially describing the same thing but with a severity or a softening of the wording of what is being talked about (depending on what opinion you hold of the subject).

What is not subject to opinion is hard science.

The consensus of the majority of the scientific community that has connection to climatology is that the earth is warming at rates way faster than generally experienced,the planet has had periods of such warming though this occurred when humans were not existent and as such the effects were not of concern. 

I'm not wishing to disabuse anyone on here about their views on the subject so please remember my post is not wishing to be disrespecting anyone's previous or going forward comments.

• Like 2

To hit the China thing again, I am a machinist our company purchased 2 brand new large capacity CNC machines from China in 2012. This two machines have had more problems in the last 4 years than the rest of the machines in the shop combined, the newest of which was built in 1996....in Czechoslovakia.

• Like 6

To tell you the truth, do not know much about her. She has not been in the news much. Nato is going to be an ongoing issue. Trump gets us out of Nato all of a sudden the European countries have to step up and cover the cost of protecting the homeland. So it might end up like what 38 special sang about, hold on loosely

May took Camrans seat last year. As he resigned from Brexit vote.

She is a simular carnation imhp.

She obviously doesnt like Trump but wants to push for some kinda support in global interrests. Well see.....

• Like 2

May took Camrans seat last year. As he resigned from Brexit vote.

She is a simular carnation imhp.

She obviously doesnt like Trump but wants to push for some kinda support in global interrests. Well see.....

With Brittan out of the EU they will need the US even more. Possibly the EU will collapse or more will opt out and that the strain off trade over there.

• Like 2

Climate Change is a better term. Because idiots stand around saying shit like "what global warming? It's snowing out".

Find a new term, climate is ever changing, or is it not? Liberals play the words and terminology game in order to get their shit to stick to the walls, its all they've got.

• Like 1

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/27/carlos-slim-says-a-united-mexico-will-help-the-government-negotiate-with-trump.html

"Slim called Trump's decision to move manufacturing irrational and costly, joking that the U.S. needs Mexicans to build the wall. The billionaire said Mexico's workforce works harder and learns faster than the American workforce. Slim said he hopes Mexico can show the U.S. that they should produce more in his country."

Think Slim just lost that battle.

One of the times I wish I had at least a million in the bank. Someone could make a major impact on the discussion by talking a picture of Carlos Slim and his quote "Mexico's workforce works harder and learns faster then American workforce" running it on billboards in a dozen or so cities across the US. Mostly in cities like Pittsburgh and Cleveland.

• Like 2

One of the times I wish I had at least a million in the bank. Someone could make a major impact on the discussion by talking a picture of Carlos Slim and his quote "Mexico's workforce works harder and learns faster then American workforce" running it on billboards in a dozen or so cities across the US. Mostly in cities like Pittsburgh and Cleveland.

Please do. Do not let anyone talk you into changing a single letter either.

• Like 2

Duterte-apologizes-for-police-killing-of

Anyone else notice that this guy doesn't show up in the news much anymore?

He's still murdering the fuck out of his country. There just seems to be some other thing taking all of the attention.

• Like 2

Duterte-apologizes-for-police-killing-of

Anyone else notice that this guy doesn't show up in the news much anymore?

He's still murdering the fuck out of his country. There just seems to be some other thing taking all of the attention.

I wonder what pithy epithet he is going to come up with for President Trump?

• Like 1