• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't joke about executing certain people. That's not covered by free speech

true, if the joke were about 0bama the media world would be all crazy.

however on this one, it makes the point no matter what the media or establishment dose it can not stop Trump.

• Like 5

America first.

And if you are Murican, so it should be.

Why should a countrys leader bow and scrape to other countries?

Indonesia, which is basically a slightly advanced shitpot third world conglomeration of islands slightly North of my wonderful country only has to fart and the Straylian Government begs to sniff its stench.

There is nothing wrong with a countries leader wanting to put his own country at the top of the priority list, just so lomg as they dont forget about their most strategic asset (and all round good guys) in the Souther hemisphere.

Hint President Trump, thats Straylia in case you were wondering.

• Like 5

What makes the world go round? well money of course but mostly TRADE. It's what sent Marco Polo up the silk road and Columbus west to the Americas. Trade deals and out sourcing may make things cheaper but mostly the TRADERS make money. Without trade with China, that country would collapse in 6 months.

• Like 1

Doesn't change the fact that commitments were made. I thought that was a big deal to President Trump.

America first is important.

America first in clean energy.

America first in reduced greenhouse emissions.

America first in reducing industrial landfill waste.

America first in national parks and reserves.

If you deny our effect of climate change, I don't give a shit. But, If you don't think reducing our impact is the right way to live anyway, then I am just confused. Though, perspective is huge. I grew up along the sea and with the land. I understand there is a balance. Trump grew up in Queens, NY. Likely never grew a thing he ate, ever. And perhaps never had a relationship with nature. Qualifications...

What makes the world go round? well money of course but mostly TRADE. It's what sent Marco Polo up the silk road and Columbus west to the Americas. Trade deals and out sourcing may make things cheaper but mostly the TRADERS make money. Without trade with China, that country would collapse in 6 months.

Momentum and Gravity? Or momentum and magnetic flux? Pretty sure trade has no affect of planetary rotation.

Geez Mike. Chinese characters, and science...

• Like 1

What makes the world go round? well money of course but mostly TRADE. It's what sent Marco Polo up the silk road and Columbus west to the Americas. Trade deals and out sourcing may make things cheaper but mostly the TRADERS make money. Without trade with China, that country would collapse in 6 months.

Nobody said "we're abolishing trade", that's what the media wants you to think to create chaos, Trump is a firm believer in 1 on 1 trade, meaning every trade pact will be customized to benefit both parties, its not rocket science, people!

America must remember her allies and agreements made by presidents of the past? In that case we owe Russia the WWII war reparations Roosevelt promised Stalin, and we need to unbomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Russia was supposed to attack from the north, china from the west and the allies from the south.

Following that path would have kept us OUT of the Cold War... but Truman was a fucking idiot.

Now, we need a unified front. America is in a serious situation currently. There is peril on more sides of things than they are letting on. The Paris Accord is viewed as a way to keep third world countries from developing into first or second world countries. If you talk to people in Brazil and tell them they need to close their factories because of carbon emissions and watch their kids starve to death rather than chop down the rain forest to make farmland... they'll tell you to get fucked.

We have to go one on one to make real headway. If you tell Brazil, we'll teach you better farming techniques so you just have to use the rain forest you've already cleared you have a dialogue.

Each country needs to come to the table as an individual nation to do what makes sense for them in a one on one. Much more effective than trying to establish a global rule, which is perceived as the American Empire in the lower GDP countries. The Paris Accord doesn't take the lower GDP countries into adequate consideration. Therefore it will fail.

• Like 1

True this. But us lucky peeps that live in first world countries would be fucked without a lot of the cheap arse Chinese products we buy.

Think about what your cost of living would be if every stitch of clothing, square of toilet paper, and item in your pantry were 100% produced, designed, and made in Australia, Canada, and the US respectively.

I've got a decent idea of the cost difference.  It is significant.  We grow, hunt, catch 25-50% of our food.  Depending on time of year.  don't shop at Walmart or other big box stores.  (Costco does get occasional business though).  Farmers markets make up the Lions share of the remainder of our food.  Fortunately we live on an agricultural island so it's relatively abundant and cheap.  We started out just buying domestic.  That was seriously expensive.  Then we switched to buying local and I think the net cost is less.  And we generate less than a shopping bag of trash a week with a family of four without trying.  

Still, my toilet paper is likely made in China.  And I'd not be surprised if my socks and underwear were as well.  Champion socks?  Also, my fireworks will are.  

Happy Chinese new year everybody!

• Like 2