Who cares what side you are on, can we stop comparing auto accident deaths to gun deaths. I fucking guarantee that if every person held a loaded gun to their head for three hours a day (time spent driving daily) there would be more gun deaths. One is a arguably necessary evil, one is an abused liberty that really could only be considered necessary for maybe 1out of 1000 carried guns.

I'm not an advocate of making guns illegal, but team pro gun really needs some stronger talking points.

• Like 1
  • Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the second amendment, it's the only talking point we need.

The cars vs firearms point is moot, but not for the reasons you're talking about. Firearm ownership is, per the constitution that libtards routinely shit on, an unalienable right. Driving is, as per every state in the nation, a privilege. Still, the fact remains that vehicles, alcohol, tobacco, prescription meds, fast food are all far more dangerous than firearms. I see no one trying to outlaw any of the above. Last thought for this stupid Fucking thread: when seconds count, help is only minutes away. Have fun convincing a criminal to stop trying to harm you and your family because it's illegal.

I disagree. You need more talking points than an amendment to a social guideline written long before anyone you have met was alive. But you do have said talking points. My request is: Use them. Have a strong case. A compelling case. Make arguments that encompass the gamut of classes as well as backgrounds. Consider short and long term gains and consequences. As I stated earlier, I am for gun ownership. I just have a hard time watching gun rights advocates regurgitate the same handful of defenses when they see a threat to gun "rights". That's in quotes because I'm using it as a quote by the way.

Now, since you want to talk about political parties, I will stand down defending anyone both in hopes of preserving this thread, as well as the fact that I'm not really certain where I stand politically. But I am educated on party lines and I find it unsettling to see you targeting "libtards" on disrespecting the constitution and supporting documents. It's actually been a long time since the liberal agenda pushed for any ratification unless you regard the Citizens United case appeal an attack on your free speech. The 14th and 17th amendments are regularly attacked by conservatives with House bills introduced on several occasions. It actually is the other way around. I'm seeing both parties working in an emotional/reactive manner. Without much careful consideration. That is where the constitution saves our ass (aside from the tenth amendment), because on that one occasion, a group of people did what senators and congress members have failed at doing for the following hundreds of years, they thought hard before signing the page. We need to work smarter.

No insulting criticism intended. But take from it what you will. We need to keep guns legal, and not in kids faces.

Read the second amendment, it's the only talking point we need.

The cars vs firearms point is moot, but not for the reasons you're talking about. Firearm ownership is, per the constitution that libtards routinely shit on, an unalienable right. Driving is, as per every state in the nation, a privilege. Still, the fact remains that vehicles, alcohol, tobacco, prescription meds, fast food are all far more dangerous than firearms. I see no one trying to outlaw any of the above. Last thought for this stupid Fucking thread: when seconds count, help is only minutes away. Have fun convincing a criminal to stop trying to harm you and your family because it's illegal.

Like the other guy suggested,pro gun people need a better argument.You're stating alcohol,tobacco,scrip meds and fast food are more dangerous than a gun ? you proved his point.

• Like 1

Ratwagon- "drag this off topic" hahaha, the whole basis of this thread is nothing more than a news grabbing off topic, trolling post meant to incite.

EVERYONE agrees that the senseless death of a child is appalling.

I grew up in a house with ZERO firearms, however I was educated in the handling, cleaning & use of them by my Grandfather. In those days his rifles where kept in a beautiful ornate wooden gun cabinet with glass front doors that were never locked. Not a single gun death or accident in that home. My mother had six siblings. I had more cousins than you can count on your fingers & toes that played in that house, big & small, on a daily, weekly & monthly basis. No one fucked with his guns, NO ONE.!! We all knew what they were, what they were used for & just as important... what Grampa would do if any of us crossed that little glass barrier... as he got older & grandkids became great grandkids, & then great great grandkids those firearms moved into a gun safe.... why??...because he no longer felt that the children that came in & out of his home where educated in firearm safety or use. Good enough for me.

I've raised three children. I have two grandchildren & a handful of nieces & nephews ALL of which are regularly in & out of my home. All have been educated in firearm safety. All of my firearms are locked away in a gun safe as I feel they should be. LONG before it became CA state law but because it is what gives me piece of mind.

The ONLY way to change these appalling acts of senseless violence is thru education on a personal & social level.

• Like 3

tr8er- Second Amendment rights is not an abused Liberty. It is part of the very definition of Liberty. The neglect of an individual to self-impose proper safe firearms possession & handling has ZERO to do with the 2nd Amendment.

The Constitution of The United States is far from a "social guideline".... the Bill of Rights may neglectfully be dismissed as "a social guideline" but it is not. It is the very foundation of what is known as Basic Human & Civil Rights.... it has literally set the standard for the rest of the world to follow. A pretty amazing feat considering it was written by a bunch of insightful dudes that none of us knew.

I ABSOLUTELY agree with your points on the 14th & 17th Amendments. I also agree that ANY ratification of any Amendment needs to be done insightfully & with EXTREME caution & consideration. Including the 2nd Amend. Because it too is most often attacked in an "emotional/reactive manner"

again.…… The neglect of an individual to self-impose proper safe firearms possession & handling has ZERO to do with the 2nd Amendment.

• Like 3

The ONLY way to change these appalling acts of senseless violence is thru education on a personal & social level.

Word.

Im a total nazi when it comes to firearm safety and handling. 

My GF grew up with parents that know nothing about firearms, never had any, never used any.

and I taught her how to shoot and drilled her repeatedly on safety and handling before she even got to handle a weapon lol.

Ill still randomly walk by and shout trivia questions and make her answer quickly lol  

• Like 2

John510- better argument for what?

A better argument than comparing a cheesesburger or cigarette to a gun in order to assure the right to own a gun.Most pro gun arguments are as weak as anti gun arguments.This whole gun thing is a debate that will always be debated without anybody thinking they got a fair deal.Beating a dead horse.

John510- the 2nd Amendment already assures the right. The onus is on those who want to infringe upon that right to make their argument not the other way around. Like it or not that is the system spelled out in the Constitution.

United States Local & Federal government has in place measures to review & filter those that have committed acts that revoke their 2nd Amendment rights. If the "debate" is to stop senseless violence then one needs to debate why that violence is taking place NOT the tool that used to commit said violence.

In the case of Ratwagon's news grab yesterday .... WHY did/does that woman feel that it is completely acceptable to leave an unattended loaded firearm where ANYONE, let alone a child could take possession of it.?..... "Cuz Merika???".... I think not.... cuz stupid.

• Like 3

John510, pull your head out. Do you need to have a compelling argument to breathe? How about whom you choose to associate with, or to protect yourself from harm, or where to live, what artful expression you desire? Much like firearms ownership, these things are rights and you don't have to argue or convince anyone it's OK for you to exercise your rights. A simple ''go fuck yourself, it's my right'' suffices, even if it's a bit crass. The point is, you don't have to justify breathing, liberty, and so on and you don't have to justify the 2nd. The fact that anyone pro 2nd would even discuss it is offensive to me, would women ever discuss and justify roe v wade?, hell no. No women's rights advocate would even think of coming to the table on that one yet 2nd amendment advocates are expected to. In all truth, and I'm not necessarily against roe v wade, it gives women the right to kill where the 2nd gives the right to defend ones self and family. If the 2nd amendment is up for debate, so are the rest of them.

I still can't get over those two brothers that shot up all those people at the 2013 Boston Marathon. Goes to show just what a true problem guns really are.

Damned right!  Now to demand a justification from all prospective buyers of pressure cookers, but only if the local sherriff agrees to the real "need" for these obviously inherently dangerous devices.  Fingerprints and a full record of any police actions and neighbor complaints and citations for dog droppings will of course be required.  Sort of like England and Australia!

For the totally stupid readers, this is a parody.  Google it before you spill whatever substitutes for your brain in print!  It pains me to have to state this, but I have seen the totally knee jerk [by jerks] reactions that have resulted in obviously facetious postings.  Fools jump in at page 3 without comprehending the total joke and blovate [again Google it] at length.

Don't like guns, fine, don't get one, fire one or have someone protect you with one. 

And for our Foreign friends, you have in enough shit going on in your countries to worry about, Stop telling us how it is here and how we are, unless you live and grew up in the USA. 

Feel free to express yourself, but just think a bit about it, before you come across as a total fucking shit bag. 

2nd-amendment.jpg

Don't like guns, fine, don't get one, fire one or have someone protect you with one. 

And for our Foreign friends, you have in enough shit going on in your countries to worry about, Stop telling us how it is here and how we are, unless you live and grew up in the USA. 

Feel free to express yourself, but just think a bit about it, before you come across as a total fucking shit bag. 

2nd-amendment.jpg

but...but...the only way to make the greatest country on earth the greatest country on earth is to change everything about it that made it the greatest country on earth. Duh.

Edit: the greatest country on earth shall now be known as the artist formerly known as the greatest country on earth

Why are they bothers? Are you bothered by their existence? Hmm? Racist.

i'm being trolled on the internet by a guy who sees subconscious revelations and personal flaws in any number of straightforward posts he reads but the irony of calling himself MicroMachinery on these very same forums while applying his own tortured logic to his choice of board handle is lost on him :rofl:.