• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

200493buddha_with_swastika.jpg

The swastika was and is an eastern symbol of sacredness and auspiciousness in Hinduism and Buddhism for millennia and before. Since the '30s it has been universally hated as the dreaded symbol of Naziism and it's hatred of racial minorities. The confederate battle flag symbolizes southern pride in their history. Unfortunately part of that history is bigotry and racial oppression as seen by outsiders. (and many southerners) How do you separate the good from the bad in a symbol?

Try explaining that with a swastika. When I see the southern confederate flag I 'see' southern pride, history, racism, redneck-ism, the 'clan'. Yes it depends who and how it is displayed and used. Doesn't Texas have their own flag?

• Like 2

The swastika was and is an eastern symbol of sacredness and auspiciousness in Hinduism and Buddhism for millennia and before. Since the '30s it has been universally hated as the dreaded symbol of Naziism and it's hatred of racial minorities. The confederate battle flag symbolizes southern pride in their history. Unfortunately part of that history is bigotry and racial oppression as seen by outsiders. (and many southerners) How do you separate the good from the bad in a symbol?

As you can see from the above ohoto, he Oriental and Navaho swastica was 4 "L"s joined at the center.  A few examples of the reverse can be found.  "Swastika" is "He approves [of it]" in sanskrit.  The Nazi emblem is properly the "Haken Kreutz" or broken cross.  Changes nothing about the inappropriatness of its use in todays world.

• Like 1

Yes... inappropriate use.

Saw a southerner on TV explaining the confederate flag and it's true meaning to the brave southerners that fought and dies to protect their way of life. He was almost crying about how it had been 'taken over' and it's meaning symbolism perverted. Felt sorry for him.

As is the case with the swastika, flip it around backwards. Then everyone will surely know you mean the opposite. The confederate flag would work out really well mirrored.

No America is supposed to mean regardless of where you came from or creed you are no longer that. You are an American not a special isolated group. From many that are one.

The equality thing is bullshit!

Some are more equal than others. the pigs have taken over the farm.

Try explaining that with a swastika.

Easy, I see a white guy with a bald head and a swastika painted on the hood of his car I'm going to assume he sees it as a symbol of hate. I see an Indian guy with a swastika on the hood of his car I'm going to assume he sees it for for what it really is.

Easy, I see a white guy with a bald head and a swastika painted on the hood of his car I'm going to assume he sees it as a symbol of hate. I see an Indian guy with a swastika on the hood of his car I'm going to assume he sees it for for what it really is.

Racist. Jk