Damn,that is so true.

There we go again with that true thing.

The term "by the elite media" is a Carl Rove ism used to define liberal media, but you'll notice that Fox News who has bashed Trump with as much vigor as any other, was left out of the list of "elite" news organizations. The idea that this stuff is unprecedented in American history is BULLSHIT. The media is giving Trump all the free publicity he wants, but when he sticks his foot in his mouth and gets called on it, he gets pissed? Like it or not Mr. 1%, such is the nature of the relationship between politics and the news media. Now his campaign is collapsing before our eyes because of his loose lipped "honesty" and his supporters what to call it persecution. Although his message and honest naked aggression style appeals to some, you can't say the kind of shit he's said and expect everybody to just play along with it. Valid message shitty delivery.

American media has played a biased part in the political process for as long as we've had early rag sheets and local papers, so to suggest this is a new phenomenon marking the collapse of the news media is ludicrous. The Hurst Corporation set the standard for media influence for a price way back in the turn of the century. Objectivity in journalism has swung like a pendulum sense the printing press was invented though. In recent history, the early 50s marked a high point in journalistic integrity. The post war liberal intellectual movement threatened the pro military political establishment. Under the fear circus of McCarthy, it became a struggle against "communist infiltrators" aka liberals, and "good patriotic citizens" aka conservatives (not the neoconservative of today). Guess who won that struggle and wound up imbedding themselves in the media? That's why conservative intellectuals like William F Buckley became super stars.

The absolute truth is, we vote for our preferred form of news media by watching or reading it. As long as those jokers are making money, they'll give us what we deserve because we show them it's what we want. Where is our Edward R. Murrow? In the prophetic words of Cassias "The fault dear Brutus is not in our stars, but in ourselves. 8:45 bellow 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1eA5bUzVjA

• Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

We all take certain things to be "truth" we all have our own "truths" and of course not everyone will see the same "truths" so hence we disagree.

If you do look over all of Wilde's work,he was scathing of the society and culture that he was born into (a constitutional monarchy with a Parliarmentary system),he was not pro-Monarchy anymore than he was pro-democracy.

So your point about where he came from is ill informed to say the least.

The sole point that the Colonials in America rebelled against was "no representation without taxation",not against the Monarchy itself.

Not really, true he came from a democracy, but one more tainted by a Monarchy than ours. And Paradime already corrected you about the tax part. So I will leave that alone. 

Ok, what's next, cow tipping?

Oh, our useless sensationalistic media that is not worth a bucket of crap. 

• Like 3

Thats ^^^ all Jonny boy scout until you're making out with a date you invited over and she takes a pump action 12 gauge to the head... Hey wait a minute there, he may be on to something.

Ok, what's next, cow tipping?

Oh, our useless sensationalistic media that is not worth a bucket of crap. 

I don't know what I'm more ashamed of as a Mercan, our not worth a bucket of crap media, or our POFS public educational system. In a whack ass society like ours, ill informed and uneducated just makes it easier for everyone. 

• Like 1

Thats ^^^ all Jonny boy scout until you're making out with a date you invited over and she takes a pump action 12 gauge to the head... Hey wait a minute there, he may be on to something.

I don't know what I'm more ashamed of as a Mercan, our not worth a bucket of crap media, or our POFS public educational system. In a whack ass society like ours, ill informed and uneducated just makes it easier for everyone. 

The Education systems keeps them ignorant and the media entertains them. 

• Like 2

whilst at my local roller derby match up the other night, before the games began, I was in line at the beer garden counter grabbing up two refreshing blue ribbons. as the commentator asked everyone to join in the national anthem I promptly obliged even though i was handing money over and grabbing the libations right at that moment. as I stand there in total and even more undivided attention (than allotted to my girlfriend ) pledging my loyalty, respect and love to this beautiful country. And all the while getting goosebumps thinking about the wars that I am so lucky to have not endured and sacrificed.

I notice the SCHMUCK right behind me (now to my side due to flag location) with his hat on, hands to his side fidgeting impatiently facing me looking over my shoulder at the beer counter!!! I'M FUCKING LIVID!!! so i wasn't singing out loud at the beginning but as soon as i noticed this, i turned ever so slightly to face him a bit more and begin to belt  the anthem loud and very enthusiastically in his direction  for the remainder of our song...   i was happy again as the look on his face reassured me that i was a greater American than he will ever be. and when shit his the blender ill be on the side blending....

may god bless america! 

• Like 4