• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Not when you have agreements with other countries to allow for intercepting of illegal cargo...

Alleged smugglers. You have to stop and board them to find out for sure. If this was another country stopping US shipping on the high seas there's be a nuke sent on it's way. It really is bullshit if you think about it. How about China stopping a US ship in the sea of Japan? That ok???? Iranians???

Stern is not conservative.. nor political. Rush.. well yeah.

What;s the difference between Limbaugh and the Hindenburg??? Nothing they are both flaming Nazi gas bags.

• Like 1
datzenmike

Alleged smugglers. You have to stop and board them to find out for sure. If this was another country stopping US shipping on the high seas there's be a nuke sent on it's way. It really is bullshit if you think about it. How about China stopping a US ship in the sea of Japan? That ok???? Iranians???

"if you think about it", hey that's good advice.

Did you actually watch the damn video? This was "high seas" as in rough water, NOT a romantic term for international waters. This took place in US waters off the coast of Florida.

Now you're saying a 60 ft speedboat is a shipping vestal? :frantics: Oaky, but let me get this straight, you think the US COAST GAURD should stand down when foreign country's speed boats enter our waters illegally at 40 knots and just give them free passage? I don't know if you've heard, but this isn't the first time Columbians have used speed boats to smuggle drugs. If Americans were smuggling drugs on other countries coasts I would hope they would shoot the fuckers. But then again, I'm not Canadian.

• Like 1

14063988_1811803672373225_49828743579676

This bullshit election cycle is a product of the Supreme Court's Citizens United decision that opened the flood gates of corporate and union campaign contributions. It grants 2nd Amendment freedom of speech to corporations and unions as though they are individual citizens.

American Ambassador to Slovenian Janez Lenarčič, also served as Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights Director from July 2008 to June 2014, and who' s overseen over 150 elections warned the Citizens United ruling would undermine the American political system's two greatest commitments of "giving voters a genuine choice and giving candidates a fair chance" in that "it threatens to further marginalize candidates without strong financial backing or extensive personal resources, thereby in effect narrowing the political arena".

This is why we are choosing between a stuff shirt bitch with "strong financial backing", or a fucking 1%er with "extensive personal resources". 

Wake the fuck up America and DEMAND CAMPAIGN FINANCE REFORM NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who knows what 2020 will look like if we don't

• Like 1

If in

"if you think about it", hey that's good advice.

Did you actually watch the damn video? This was "high seas" as in rough water, NOT a romantic term for international waters. This took place in US waters off the coast of Florida.

Now you're saying a 60 ft speedboat is a shipping vestal? :frantics: Oaky, but let me get this straight, you think the US COAST GAURD should stand down when foreign country's speed boats enter our waters illegally at 40 knots and just give them free passage? I don't know if you've heard, but this isn't the first time Columbians have used speed boats to smuggle drugs. If Americans were smuggling drugs on other countries coasts I would hope they would shoot the fuckers. But then again, I'm not Canadian.

Give me a break. Now I'm slagged for being Canadian? The  'High Seas' is a term to include anywhere out on the ocean away from the safety of port, unprotected and at the mercy of the weather. It does not mean high waves. Drugs has nothing to do with what I'm saying. Naturally everyone has the right to patrol and interdict in their own coastal waters. I said on the high seas which is what? outside the 12 mile limit. So if the video is within 12 miles of the coast I'll eat my shirt. You can't know for sure what's on board unless you search it, and stopping anyone on the high seas is piracy. ANY reasonably seaworthy object is a vessel when on the ocean (even a canoe) and is part of and subject to the laws of it's registry.

I think I see how this bullshit get's done. The US tells all the other countries that this is what we are going to do weather you agree or not! and they just nod. The other is to extend the 'territorial limit' to 200 miles. It would almost be acceptable if this actually worked but it's dismal failure.   

Fuck the drug runners. Shoot the cunts, I'll even help, but do it in your own waters. 

If in

Give me a break. Now I'm slagged for being Canadian? The  'High Seas' is a term to include anywhere out on the ocean away from the safety of port, unprotected and at the mercy of the weather. It does not mean high waves. Drugs has nothing to do with what I'm saying. Naturally everyone has the right to patrol and interdict in their own coastal waters. I said on the high seas which is what? outside the 12 mile limit. So if the video is within 12 miles of the coast I'll eat my shirt. You can't know for sure what's on board unless you search it, and stopping anyone on the high seas is piracy. ANY reasonably seaworthy object is a vessel when on the ocean (even a canoe) and is part of and subject to the laws of it's registry.

I think I see how this bullshit get's done. The US tells all the other countries that this is what we are going to do weather you agree or not! and they just nod. The other is to extend the 'territorial limit' to 200 miles. It would almost be acceptable if this actually worked but it's dismal failure.   

Fuck the drug runners. Shoot the cunts, I'll even help, but do it in your own waters. 

Come on Mike, You are accusing the US Navy and Coast Guard of piracy for stopping a foreign vessel entering American coastal territorial waters at a high rate of speed, and they didn't stop when warned or even when shots were fired across it's bow. This was NOT a shipping vessel on the "high seas" as you suggest. Plain and simple, you projected all kinds of shit into this video that is not there. I point that out and you twist everything like a Clinton.

• Like 2

Is this a personal suspicion, or do you have some evidence?

I'm not a military buff, or even an open sea sailer, but I can look stuff up on the internets

In international waters foreign vessels can be boarded only with permission of the flag state of the vessel, called a "statement of no objection" by the Flag state. Vessels flying a bogus flag or the wrong national flag, or not flying any flag are subject to immediate boarding, not just by the US but by any country. They are considered a stateless vessel which is considered piracy in some situations. In the case of drug running, shit has gotten WAY out of hand with super violent stop at nothing drug cartels.  

The USCG are not only military but members of the law enforcement, US Customs, and Homeland Security. If the Congress declares war, the USCG Shifts colors and becomes part of the Navy. You want all the laws governing international waters look up:

14 USC 143 - Sec. 143. Treasury Department http://vlex.com/vid/sec-treasury-department-19228496

19 USC 1589 - Sec. 1589a. Enforcement authority of customs officers http://vlex.com/vid/enforcement-auth...icers-19193873

See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Coast_Guard

• Like 2

Word is bengazi emails found in the 15k deleted 'personal' email stash recovered by fbi.

and yet somehow no one is surprised.

Sorry, tired of emails, especially when I have High Seas problems. 

Time to intercept and board! 

5.jpg

• Like 4

The Canadian Mounted Police are now allowing women to wear Hijabs while on duty ? WTF Canada ? 

WTF do you mean WTF?

Big deal, it's a scarf. Sikhs wear traditional religious turban

fe126158c83fdca2db5802cceee8ace2.jpg

Don't the Amish wear hats down there?

So.... wtf America???

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jan/23/pentagon-relaxes-dress-code-allow-turbans-scarves/

• Like 3