So i got arrested and my datsun impounded.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the risk worth the reward?

Did you know it is probable cause for an officer to see your truck and if he knows/recognizes you as an unlicensed driver and that if he/she has dealt within the past, he can pull you over? That is the only PC they need.

Did you know whether you were honest or not about not having a license, the cop was going to find out anyway?

Did you know that by law if you are on probation/parole and you encounter a law enforcement officer you are REQUIRED to tell them so.

Good luck in life. I hope you don't continue to fuck up, but history does have a way of repeating itself.

• Like 1

99.9 percent of the time it does no good to argue with a cop, once they pull you over they feel they are right and you are just wrong.

I don't know your area, but one must keep in mind that they are cops, and are protected at all costs from prosecution by the very people that are supposed to prosecute them for doing anything bad, I mean they have to do something pretty bad to get thrown off the force, and killing someone during a traffic stop isn't one of them.

It's much easier and more healthy to beat a ticket in front of a judge, as I have done it several times, I even beat one with just a statement once(it looked like I was wearing colors), in all my 57 years I only once in my mind won an argument with a cop that was writing me a ticket, and the only reason he closed his ticket book was because I asked him a question that he did not want to answer, and that question could have screwed up a drug investigation I found out later, as the place I bought parts from was busted less than a week later for selling cocaine, that cops last words to me before he slammed his book shut and burned out of there were, "Remember Me", I never seen him again, as I was not buying or selling drugs, I bought a motorcycle frame, and again I was on a motorcycle, every ticket I ever beat without consequences I was on a motorcycle, one of the few tickets I beat in a car, the next time the cop seen me I got another ticket for no reason at all except I beat the one he wrote me before.

Once they get to know you, you are screwed unless your 100 percent legal, I once spent 60 days of a 90 day sentence in jail, all the people in there were drunk driving violations, or they were sitting in there for free(no judge involved) because of probation violations, you can sit in there forever on a probation violation, I dare anyone to argue with their probation officer if their on probation.

I grew up in a different time, so did your uncle, things are different now, take care with what you do with your life, as it will follow you around forever these days.

• Like 1

This guy sounds like my brother before he realized that accountability is real.

No matter the circumstance you believe caused this. It's 100% all you buddy. Your actions are your own. There was no butterfly in china that flapped its wings that sent this shit storm.

• Like 4

What are you trying to accomplish? Get your shit in order and stop posting stupid shit on ratsun.

Society has basic rules in place for a reason, you think your above that? In the end you will lose and your uncle isn't the best example to follow.

Do what's right , life's not a movie!

• Like 1

Dr. I understand the fact of it being 68 and under. But me not having belt and knowing more than the stupid cop i winged it and got away with it is all i'm saying

What is it you got away with ? you spent a week in jail and your truck is in impound,the impound fees may be worth more than the truck.

• Like 1

What is it you got away with ? you spent a week in jail and your truck is in impound,the impound fees may be worth more than the truck.

yea i was gona offer to pay to get the truck out and a few coins for the title but figure it would be rediculous money to get it out when i got bot of my trucks for under $700

as cheap as datsun owners are, we always pay full price for life lessons.

if you haven't learned from this, you never will.

being right doesn't mean they wont spend the time on all the paperwork.

only took 3 days in LA county (18yo) for me to never wanna be locked up. it worked.

its weird, but once i hit 25 the cops stopped the random hassling.

i used to get pulled over evey week before that.

Admitting you screwed up and actually learning from it are apparently 2 different things to you.

No front plate, then arguing you don't need one?  Using a law that proves the case AGAINST you?  Every single Datsun sold in the US had provisions for a front plate.  The list of vehicles exempt from front plates is very, very small, and mostly covers Italian sports cars.  A 521 had provisions for a plate.  Always.  Just because you have some weird bumper where the bolt holes are in the wrong place doesn't mean you have a free pass for no front plate.  If you want to run no front plate,  I suggest moving to Alabama or Georgia or any of those various Southern States that don't issue front plates at all.  Having no front plate in California is like an invitation "Hey, come pull me over!  I'm an idiot who likes giving money away for fines!"

Seat belts- the cop wasn't trying very hard, because seat belts have been required since 1968 in light trucks.  If you haven't found lap belts yet you sure aren't trying hard- they sell them at Autozone.

No license- there's the lesson you apparently aren't learning.  "20 miles to work".  I don't care if it's 200 miles.  Walk.  Bus.  Carpool.  Driving is a privilege, not a right.  You lost that privilege and haven't done the required steps to regain it.  Your uncle getting away with it for 12 years is tragic.  He should be in jail, and his cars confiscated and sold.  

The whole point of a 30 day impound is to get you to STOP DRIVING until you get your license back.  If your car is gone 30 days, how are you getting to work then? 

You admit you lost your license from being young and stupid.  OK, good first step, but you evidently still haven't learned from it.   

• Like 2

I hate and dont wear seats belts because they suck, i have no front plates on any of my cars because i am a bad ass and i dont get stopped for not having them,my windows are tinted and i talk and text.

And look no holes.hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

photo_zpsa8f00f40.jpg

Cause that's like opening the cage of an angry gorilla.

• Like 5

So last week i got pulled over for no front plate. It wasn't that at all. It was cause i was in a bad neighborhood on a weekend should have known better but i had to go. So after making the sheriff look like a complete idiot in front of his deputy for various reasons. He put me under arrest due to a warrant i had due to violation of probation and he impounded my truck. So i was in jail all week till earlier i got out case closed no more probation. but now i gotta make the money to get my datsun out the yard. I hope all goes well. :(

This is how the system sucks you in if you are careless.

Vehicle laws not obeyed, turn into tickets, which unpaid turn into warrants, which unheeded turn into arrests, which with no bail can turn into jail time,  etc...

I have learned that in America, if I am doing something illegal AND GETTING AWAY WITH IT (this time),

I still have time to commit preventative action upon my illegal action so I DO NOT GET CAUGHT (I will eventually if I continue) and suffer the consequences.

I will police myself so the police have no power over me.

It took me awhile to learn it but I am not going to be a piece of meat for the prison machine.

Tanker you're a real funny guy...show off.

Look i did try to fix my license. I cashed out the court room $5,843 done payed all my tickets.

Went got my permit back next day.

4 days later got pulled over at night cop said too low. Measured i was safe.

Then said my light was out faulty switch i turned em on and off they both worked.

License plate light was out.

Tons of dirt on the lens fix it ticket. But he was looking for more.

He searched my car i let em nothing popped my hood. C.a.r.b. headers and intake safe.

He started getting mad cause he couldn't score. He saw i had glasses and did some vision test on me. I was blind in one eye literally and legally blind in one eye. So he saw my permit was a non restricted. He asked why and why i was driving at night if i couldn't see and there and then he took my permit and it all started over again with tickets. Just simply owning a honda did this to me. But i could care less once i'm legit ill buy another. My eyes are fixed now i got operated. Gained 85% of my vision back in my right eye but I've never had the cash to pay for the tickets since. Always one thing or another its life. But i owe nothing at the moment i owe nobody but the tickets and the impound at the moment. I've been taking care of all my dues and debts to people one by one.trust me i'm trying and really hard. I could have had my truck on the road in a month but instead of spending money on it i paid my dues.in a way i could say i'm doing better than people with good jobs cause they owe more than me in credit cards banks houses and vehicles.

I owe a few tickets and an impound thats with a small time side job and selling the fuck out of 521 parts left and right. I was crying nor complaining. All i did was inform what had happened. I know its my fault i know i'm am idiot. I know i messed up and i'm going fix all my errors. Slowly as i can. I posted on here just to vent to speak it out. i never said it wasn't my fault i never said i smoked or did something stupid all i said were things as they happened. But i see why i don't post on here as much. To those who cheered me up thanks. For those looking down on me. I could give two shits. I'm not afraid to admit my mistakes. Nor to talk about em. I don't get nor do i get offended from your comments. But i see why i don't post much as i used to on here.

Mods can lock this thread if they like. I'm out.

• Like 2

The warrant and county jail bullshit had nothing to do with tickets... NOTHING AT ALL!

My house got raided in 2009.

They were searching for my brother who stayed there with me who had a

$1,000,000 dollar bounty.

Well they got him he was going to jail no matter what! They found drugs in the house. And guess who got blamed? Me! 5 years of court drug classes community service jail all cause my p.o.s. brother didn't admit it was his. So that's why i went to jail this time that's why i had a warrant purposely to get it over with.

5 years of bullshit over 0.012 grms of meth! And a scale. Which were pinned on me cause the house lease was in my name. Never had i had a warrant for owing tickets.