So i got arrested and my datsun impounded.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im guna move it. Pulled up to a chp earlier and asked what sets off my truck to get pulled over. He looked around. Said only thing that would get his attention *on a bad day* the front plate but only being in a bad mood day. But for most part he said at least its on the front.

Why would i sell it? Ive been workin on it lol.

20140404_140638.jpg

New-ish winshield. Front plate is on...got some temp belt.

I was thinking he was talking about your story , ( like to make into a Hallmark family channel movie type shit) , not your vehicle. 

As much as it sucks to admit it, the police force these days is in the business of looking for minor violations (seatbelts, plates, windshields, etc), and cashing in on them. It doesn't matter if you're doing the speed limit and your truck is perfectly legal, a cop will pull you over and make up a reason, just in the hopes of finding a reason to write you a ticket.

I literally just got my s30 out of impound today, it's been in there three weeks. Originally taken for the expired tag, but once it was in there they found that the dash had been swapped and I had to file for a new state assigned vin. Now I have all my vins removed, and a state assigned vin stamped on the door frame.

I shouldn't have let my tag expire, it's 100% my fault for all that happened, albeit the dash business is bullshit in my opinion.

Regardless, you were doing a lot of shit you shouldn't have and the cop wasn't mistreating his power at all by doing what he did.

Only way you can for sure get out of anything is to be nice and polite and accommodating to the officer, and be 100% legal.