So i got arrested and my datsun impounded.

So last week i got pulled over for no front plate. It wasn't that at all. It was cause i was in a bad neighborhood on a weekend should have known better but i had to go. So after making the sheriff look like a complete idiot in front of his deputy for various reasons. He put me under arrest due to a warrant i had due to violation of probation and he impounded my truck. So i was in jail all week till earlier i got out case closed no more probation. but now i gotta make the money to get my datsun out the yard. I hope all goes well. :(

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No license plate on front

In bad neighborhood known for selling crack

Argue with sherriff

Previous violation of parole warrant.

Equals jail and 30 day impound.

I learned long ago that when you are sketchy, to keep a low profile and vehicle free of any moving violations like a burned out light bulb so they have no reason to stop you. Politeness never hurts as much as being a dick to a cop. Generally drive sensible and again... keep a low profile. Don't hang around places where cops like to hunt.

• Like 8

Well after proving points of not needing plates if the car doesn't offer them from factory doesn't require you to have them. I pointed to my bumper which has holes too narrow for a plate he looked in the book i was right i bullshited that there were rubber pieces there that dried up and broke off over the years. And if the vehicle doesn't have seat belts you do not require them either point #2 proven plus my carpet covers the holes lol. but then he pointed to the window and game over -_- i didn't think he would take it that far then he had probable cause.

Up next is get a windshield

Print out the p codes for front plate and belts and carry at all times and get the hole to front bumper plate filled for less explanation.

I was hoping to get thrown in jail. Ive been trying to turn myself in but they wouldn't let me. My local county jail is packed i had to serve 44 days they kicked me out in 7 days. Time served case close probation terminated. Wasn't counting on getting my truck impounded though

• Like 1

Correct. My cousin owned a 1962 impala which came without seat belts from factory we spoke to chp went to chp office to have them look deep into the books.

IF not standard factory option you are not required to drill holes to install belts. They suggested them to us for our safety but were not required to do so.

I learned long ago that when you are sketchy, to keep a low profile and vehicle free of any moving violations like a burned out light bulb so they have no reason to stop you. Politeness never hurts as much as being a dick to a cop. Generally drive sensible and again... keep a low profile. Don't hang around places where cops like to hunt.

i agree with this. make sure your blinkers work, tabs are current, no cloud of weed smoke rolling out your windows etc. i do not go out of my way to be nice to cops but i learned a long time ago arguing with a cop gets you nowhere. argue with the judge. when i argue with cops him and his buddies just beat me up and throw me in jail. 

Correct. My cousin owned a 1962 impala which came without seat belts from factory we spoke to chp went to chp office to have them look deep into the books.

IF not standard factory option you are not required to drill holes to install belts. They suggested them to us for our safety but were not required to do so.

Big difference between a 62 & a 72.Your truck came with them.
  • Like 3

Correction mine is a 70 lol.

But he didn't know exactly what year it was from he was a sheriff so i bullshitted my way out of the belt ticket i know the holes are on the floor boards i just don't have a set of lap belts. when he pulled the book out it stated what i said

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Do_classic_cars_have_to_have_seat_belts

i study everything before i speak i know i wasn't supposed to but i managed to get out of the belt ticket plate ticket and lowered ticket. Only got me for cracked windshield and the warrent well he said he wouldnt want to leave my truck out in the ghetto would i? i dont smoke i dknt see why you would assume i would. I dont like that crap.

"Most seat belt legislation in the United States is left to the states. However, the first seat belt law was a federal law which took effect on January 1, 1968 that required all vehicles (except buses) to be fitted with seat belts in all designated seating positions"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seat_belt_legislation_in_the_United_States

i dont smoke i dknt see why you would assume i would. I dont like that crap.

i never assumed you did just saying i learned its a bad practice :angel:

glad you didnt have to pay a seat belt ticket too

A couple of observations. You did get pulled over for no front plate (not because of the "bad neighborhood"). Maybe there are more cops in "the bad neighborhood" because the cops know it's a "bad neighborhood". Your truck had factory seat belts therefore they are required by law to be installed and worn when driving. A cracked windshield is a ticketable offense. Having a warrant out for your arrest will result in you going to jail. Finally, there are only a handful of reasons for a 30 day impound. Soooo, what was the CVC for the 30 day?

Ok in this 7 day run in county jail.

9 people that i met in there were arrested in the same neighborhood either walking bicycle or car. There are weekends in my city you just simply dont go out on theyll find anything to get you for. Itll be cool for months and outa no where holiday weekend it gets crackin around here i forgot it was st. Pattys holiday. My fist mistake. Second mistake going so far into that neighborhood on a weekend.

I have never been issued the no front plate ticket. 26 cars ive had i 6 years maybe once it was brought up but no ticket.

Simple as this come to my neighborhood in a fully 100% legit newer dealership car. Try to get across the tracks **technicly being outside my neighborhood**. I am willimg to make a bet youll be pulled over before making it over those tracks. Ive won many bets this way. Doesnt matter what you drive. There are days you just dont drive around here.

Couple weeks ago almost looked like a parade of cops were going by my house

3 black n white counted

6 sheriffs

2 chp

3 gang force and a few undercover.

When i said i was in the wrong hood wrong time. I meant it. Nobody likes driving into that hood i went to specificly for what was mentioned above. Its a high crystal selling ghetto place. Amy car that goes in will prolly not make it out without a ticket.

The cops stupid? Sounds like your throwing stones while living in a glass house! Is this how you want your life to be? Outstanding warranty, arguing with the cops, losing your truck, going to jail! And posting this embarrassing shit here.

Maybe, just maybe if you pull your head out ass you might turn out alright.

• Like 4

Laotsu i will be installing belts. Just havnt found any yet.

My attitude. Yea its been gettin bad. Never had the issue before. But since i suffered a concussion at work i get irritated easily. I give people shit for no reason giving smart ass remarks without thinking about it. Ive been tryna take it easy on that but idk people tend to piss me off alot more recently and i dont like jt.

Guilt by association. Cop sees you in bad neighborhood he profiles you as 'bad' and looks for reason to pull you over. Doesn't even matter if you are required to have license plate or seat belts he has a reason to pull you over even if you prove him wrong. He then runs your name or license and bingo!!! outstanding warrant. And because cops are people too, he sees your broken windshield and tickets you for it. And sends the truck to jail as well.

You're not playing the game well.

• Like 2