So i got arrested and my datsun impounded.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many times, you can cut a deal, but that is not uncommon, the way all the stuff starts adding up, it can really get mind numbing. When I decided to cut my bullshit and be an upstanding member of the community, it was too late. They had me pegged as up to no good and would pull me over to find something wrong. As most of you know, when you drive older cars, a cop can usually find something wrong if he really wants to, so I had a lot of chikenshit tickets.

Here is where it got really nutty. I had pretty much stopped driving other than to work and to home, because it was just getting a bit much. One day, I had a cop come to my door and ask me if I knew anything about a hit and run in a local restaurant parking lot. I had zero idea what he was talking about (really) and told him so. Then he tells me that he has several witnesses that claimed to see me and my vehicle run into a parked car then leave. I told him that's impossible. He then asked me if I would do a line up. I said absolutely, line up, polygraph, you name it. He seemed really aggravated that I agreed to this and that I wanted to get it done today if at all possible. I pointed out that my truck had no damage to it and showed him, he told me that does not matter because I could have fixed it. I said 'true, so when can we get this line up thing taken care of?' He mumbled that he would get back to me and left.

Nothing took place. Two months went by and I figured they must have gotten whoever did it. I am driving home from work and I get pulled over. Don't know why, but it's far from unusual to me at this point. The cop tells me that my license has been suspended. I tell him I have heard nothing of this, no letters, no calls, nothing. I ask him what for and he tells me he does not know but it is suspended. I tell him that I will take care of it and ask him if I can drive home, park my truck and try to figure out what is going on. He tells me to go ahead. Seemed like a nice guy really. So I head home. No more than 200 yards in front of my driveway, sits a cop, waiting for me. He then preceded to write me a second driving while suspended ticket.

I had zero idea what the hell was going on, but I could tell I was going to need help. I scraped together enough to get a lawyer, gave him the run down on what had happened, he told me to lay low for a couple days and he would get back to me. When he did, I find out that I had been CHARGED with that hit and run. He said there was zero documentation on how it happened, just that it did. I guess at his mention of this hinky shit, he was told a mistake was made (uh huh) and they magically made all my current charges, including the driving while suspended just go away, poof. 

This flat out pissed some people off and I could tell that things were on there way to getting much worse and there was not much I could do about it. Fortunately, I was scheduled to go into the service soon after, so I just waited it out.

if i had got caught for 1% of the shit i did i wouldnt be here.

i got a fake license so i could work as my real license was revoked.

i got a few tickets on it and since it was fake i never bothered to appear in court.

was in court years later talking to a girl i liked in middle school working behind the counter.

bitch figured it out and put me on the docket for 7 outstanding tickets. BUSTED

judge let me just pay the original fines, $274.

i remember still

• Like 1

I hate how stupid some stuff is. I was driving to Chicago to sell and buy some parts. Its like 2 in the morning and the high way is empty yet I get pulled over for going 4 over when it is a little foggy. Turns out my license is suspended (speeding ticket I paid didn't get processed) so I get my car towed, have to pay bail, and have a friend come pick me up. Couldn't make the court date and missed it. Had to get a lawyer, that I paid 500 dollars for, just to be able to move the court date and etc. The county clerk would not accept anything except me showing up, paying a 500 dollar bail just to get a new court date. And I had to wait like a month since the court decided to take its sweet as time on my case.

Since now its turned into a boast of dirty history, ill throw mine in:

I drove 4 years without a license, i was young and not on my best behavior, got away with alot, never got pulled over. Well finally got my license and matured, got a 600 dollar ticket my 1st day with license, and got pulled over 8+ times in this 2 year period ive had my license, and now that im driving legal I've been behaving. Moral of story: can never get away with anything, and hopefully we pay for it in this life cause the life after is eternity

• Like 1

Since now its turned into a boast of dirty history, ill throw mine in:

I drove 4 years without a license, i was young and not on my best behavior, got away with alot, never got pulled over. Well finally got my license and matured, got a 600 dollar ticket my 1st day with license, and got pulled over 8+ times in this 2 year period ive had my license, and now that im driving legal I've been behaving. Moral of story: can never get away with anything, and hopefully we pay for it in this life cause the life after is eternityWell

Well said my brother.

• Like 1

I grew up on Lopez Island. There was only one cop on duty at a time. They usually sat at the fire station in town and BSed with whoever. So we would find him, drive away out of sight and hammer down. The only bad part was he knew where we all lived.

When I moved to the "mainland", Things got a bit more complicated that I was used to.

P.S. German Irish and Welsh. Offended by  poor engineering, being sober and bad singing

• Like 1

Since we are each saying what we are I am Russian/Ukranian and the country is just called Ukraine, not the Ukraine. You don't say the Russia or the England.

Uhm..

The Soviet Union

The UK

AND

THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

I feel bad for the Ukrainian army because on the news it shows the the invading Russian army,, so heartless as to make the Ukrainian soldiers carry their own knick-knacks out the gate of their military bases.... Now that's brutal.

Every example there using "the" is a group of smaller municipalities/governments etc... The Soviet Union was a union of countries, The United states is a group of states, The United Kingdom is again a group of countries... Ukraine is just Ukraine and America is just America. Get it?