So i got arrested and my datsun impounded.

Yeah I'm not into the drugs, but it would definitely be different.  I'm not saying every year like Canby, but just once, if there weren't repercussions, I'd like to go.  You'd have to register with a damn good alias though.  Any federal or state job that list pops up that you've been to Burning Man, yeah, your chances just went to shit.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, half the people that go to burning man these days work for the gov. Fools spend thousands of dollars on tents, light shows, food, designer drugs.

Its a place where C.E.O's can barter and do live action role play with all the other fools they laid off in 2009.

Monday and it's back to Pricksville.

*Disclaimer: This is just my opinion

P.s

Canby is sooo much cooler

• Like 1

Well I still think it would be neat, particularly to examine all the artistic vehicles.  But I'll give you Canby is much cooler.  And we're not on a government watch list if we go to that. :D

You know, I would like to go to burning man one of these days.  It does look very interesting.  BUT, if you do go, they put your name on the government watch list for subversivity.  Homie don't play that.  Alas, I will probably never know what goes on except from other's images.

I have a hard time believing that. I work with lots of folks who have high level security clearances.  Attending burning man would be tame compared to some of the crap they've done.  Honestly unless you're worried about about popping on a urinalysis test, I wouldn't sweat going to burning man.

• Like 1

You're on a watch list already, it's called being an American citizen. I've went to burning man, it's "okay" I suppose, but not my scene. I do like some of the shit that people build,  some of it is just, well....dumb, but some is pretty cool. It's not for me because I don't deal very well with crowds in general, I have no problem with drugs or booze, I do have an issue with the people who can't handle their drugs and booze. Always some fuckers that thinks he is going to die from an OD of weed. Dude, you can't OD on pot, I've tried, on purpose, just pull your shit together. However, I can see why a lot of people love it, it's just not really for me and my personality. One thing to keep in mind, the reflection off of the salt can burn you. I burn really easy, so I took measure not to (or so I thought) I was wearing shorts and the reflection of the sun off the salt burned my junk, that was really comfy.

Canby:... 'Tazer your nuts' event,  ass pennies, 20 watt lazer sky painting, Toyota guy? (I slept through the show) the 'Smoke House' event,  motor swap event,  muddy-buddys, car hood riding rodeo event, 'dude where's my car?" event,  clown shoes, discussion on how to properly say Datsun with a capitol D.... when saying it,  everyone saying "aboot" and "eh?"

• Like 1

I have a friend thats been to burning man. From what he said I dont get why there are any pictures during the day. Everybody sleeps during the day and all hell breaks loose at night. Not my thing.

Back to the main topic of this thread,

I got pulled over last night in Modesto, that's twice in 2 weeks, konig209 wasn't joking when he said how delicate the cops are being, or they are just after datsuns

I doubt its for money reasons, the let me off with a warning for speeding and not fully stopping at a stop

... no....  speeding and failing to stop.

I feel with you Konig. Move to Norway :) you get free education, work with good pay and place to live.

Here we got fair law, Police can't do anything without proper documentations. They can't touch you or speak

to you other then Asking for licence and drivers documents.

You get warning if something is broken or something, they are nice and polite if you are.

Here we got a mix of following the rules and "Your own" rules. Make a middle thing and police will agree.

I agree in allmost everything u said. hope u get ur truck back.

I feel with you Konig. Move to Norway :) you get free education, work with good pay and place to live.

Here we got fair law, Police can't do anything without proper documentations. They can't touch you or speak

to you other then Asking for licence and drivers documents.

You get warning if something is broken or something, they are nice and polite if you are.

Here we got a mix of following the rules and "Your own" rules. Make a middle thing and police will agree.

I agree in allmost everything u said. hope u get ur truck back.

Can I move there? I wouldnt mind it