Where ya'll from?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it pretty accurate, did it a couple weeks ago and I got Yonkers, Newark and something else but all 3 were within a couple miles of where I live. 

I took it several times. The first few, I was just generally southern. The last time, it nailed it. Apparently the term "feeder road" is specific to southeast Texas and southwest Louisiana.

Atleast it never tried to call me a Yankee.

• Like 1

Maine!!!!!!!!!!!!! Born in NH, lived in Sidney ME (8yrs), Benicia CA (1.5 yrs), Shingle Spring CA (3yrs), and Kapolei HI (2yrs), now Portland ME! Sadly sold my mint '72 to a guy in PA (Rudy), wanting to get it back/looking for another 4dr that is stock as possible/decent shape if anyone knows of one! Maine isnt the place to find them lol. My Dad lives in Portland Oregon so I tell him to keep his eyes peeled but I dont think that he does.

It kept trying to put me in Jackson, MS too.  It said it was because I said "18 Wheeler".  I don't think that's a specific term to any one part of the South though.

It also said Louisiana because I say ya'll.

It reminded me of a story though.  I have a lot of family in Central Texas.  My wife is from Minnesota, but has been here over half her life now, so she gets duel citizenship.

Well, one time, my uncle from the hill country was telling a story about a turtle that he and his grandson found while "shredding down by the tank."  After he was done, I asked my wife what he was doing when he found the turtle.  She had no clue.  I explained to her that he was "bush hogging down by the pond."

Texas is so big that it has several dialects of it's own.