New Classifieds

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I called to have this either locked or turned into insomniacs 3.0 a few pages back. looks like one of the 2 is gonna happen. on an actual, useful note though, I had an idea(which scares even me).  is there any way to put in either the ratsun rules, or on the top of the new classifieds page, or both, a disclaimer of sorts letting members know that one needs 25 posts before one can post in the classifieds? we've already had a few threads started about not being able to, all by people who had less than the acceptable number of posts who had no idea about that rule. I doubt that we're expecting every newbie(and some older members who just never posted shit) to come wade through 42 pages on this thread. it would be preferable to have this disclaimer on the top of the new classifieds page, but at least a mention in the rules so we can link it and giggle would be nice.

Noone's making anyone stay here.  If you have a problem, feel free to leave..... but let's keep it without a big fucking to-do because you're leaving and think that everyone is going to give a rat's ass.  Jesus, 34 pages of bitching and moaning.  Give some constructive criticism, report issues that arise with the new classifieds, and get the fuck over the fact that you may "hate" them entirely.  It appears that no matter the amount of bitching you do, they're here to stay. 

Wrench more, bitch less, move on

True.

Like I said before, it looks like an answer to a question no one asked.

Since there was no response, no explanation, and no clarification, I can only assume that there are no shits given.  Message received, loud and clear.

I'll list my stuff elsewhere.  

Be safe, brothers.   :bye:

There is no notice on the Classifieds page notifying new people that they need 25 posts to be able to post an ad.

Could you add that ?

That would be smart. Or as Ive mentioned before enact mandatory threads for users. 

Please do not lock the thread. Among all the hullabaloo Im still waiting to hear back from Thomas about re-posted ads. Not bugging, just reminding that theres some things still happening in here. 

• Like 1

Sorry about my earlier complaining tone, I was frustrated...

After thinking about it, obviously it's a glitch and they're probably working on it.  In the meantime I just found a cached version of the ad on the interwebs and was able to copy-n-paste the whole thing, no re-typing necessary.  Easy to do, and I probably should have just done that to begin with.  At least I kept it in the monku-monku thread...

Here's some eye candy to make up for previous waste of space

tumblr_llm42blf2S1qa4jmro1_500.jpg

555069_414691535289891_742275289_n.jpg

datsun+killa3.jpg

• Like 5

Considering there are 12 pages of ads here now and that doesn't inculde ones that have expired. I don't think they have that big of an increase and not everyone has a 510.

The other suggestions regarding the rules are good ones and will be implemented I'm sure.

I also am enjoying the fact that the ad's link well to craigslist and not the other way around.  I've seen a few CL ads linked directly to their classified ad here.  Should cut down on the, "here's my CL ad in the classifieds"

As a mod the amount of policing the classifieds now require is awesome!

One thing I've ran into, which might be more of a preference than an actual problem, is the character limit on comments in the new feedback system. It feels way too short and you're kinda forced to leave ebay style "Great Deal! Item good, shipping fast! A+ Seller #1!" feedback. Luckily I haven't had a bad experience yet, but I think I'd feel pretty hamstrung trying to explain the situation with such limited space.

Ads can be renewed from the "manage classifieds" link in the user drop down menu. Clicking on an expired ad should also allow you to renew, if you were the poster. 

If somebody has the pricing error message again, could you take a screenshot of the error message and post the URL? Thanks!

I honestly couldn't care less how the classifieds are set up. I use them so infrequently that I haven't even looked through them. I'm sure it's good for some, bad for others. However since this thread has been a dumping place for complaints I would like to see if someone could correct the spelling of the word "picture" in the bozo thread title. OCD sucks. Thanks.

Oh, and Red, I like turtles too.

• Like 1