New Classifieds

AHH, so we finally got to the facts, this last statement is exactly what has been done, a forum  has been started to sell in like craigslist/ebay, and it is separtate from ratsun, as that is why there is a link to it on the top of this page, and why the old way has been locked, and it only took 35 pages to finally get there.

I seriously doubt if it can be integrated into the Ratsun format, that is why there is a link.

Hardly separate from Ratsun, Sherlock. I don't think you can get there from anywhere else other than by being a member here. MEMBERS, CALENDAR and DONATE are also there beside it. No one complains about them being 'separate'.

Craigslist? e-Bay? I think Ratsun is flattered to be compared to them.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked through all the moderator discussions and can't find a definitive question to that. It was said that members should be able to renew two times, but I wasn't shown how this was done. I'm asking for directions and will get back. Feel free to navigate around the classified controls and maybe figure this out.

Was there ever a finite answer on what to do about relisting ads?

It should be possible to renew it twice, but I am not sure how to do that just yet. Since I haven't posted any ads to experiment with, I contacted the developer to see how this is done. 

you guys have a lot of time on your hands.  there is no way that i can be bothered with reading so many posts.  

but i stand by my suggestion,  divide the classifieds by models. 

when i started here this forum  didnt have a 210, 410, 610/710, section and trucks were all under one sub forum.  people complained at the time, but i think now, few of us would argue that it hasnt had a beneficial organizing effect over all

• Like 1

I looked through all the moderator discussions and can't find a definitive question to that. It was said that members should be able to renew two times, but I wasn't shown how this was done. I'm asking for directions and will get back. Feel free to navigate around the classified controls and maybe figure this out.

I have tried to navigate through the controls... It's the only reason I brought it up. I haven't seen how to do it in any of the screens associated with a classified ad.

Just clicking on the "expired ad" tab gives errors.

Standing by for word from the developer. Thanks Thomas.

What format are you talking about?  Classified ads, by definition, are not discussion forums.  Why is that so hard?  Why is it so hard for people to keep discussions out of classified ads?  Immaturity I guess.  I don't see why this is such a thorn up peoples' butts.  If I'm looking for compatibility answers, there are, what, 27 discussion forums where that question can be directed.  Make a pointed list of concerns for the mods to address - being able to banter in a classified ad shouldn't be one of them.

well, seeing as how these changes were meant to help streamline things from what I've understood, starting a new thread every time someone has a question on compatability is a wonderful idea...  and since every time a list of major concerns, not to be confused with questions like how to navigate it, comes up, people like you pop on and say "no, that's not a viable concern because classifieds." without giving any actual reason as to why, other than because classifieds, how are we to come up with a list of pointed concerns. I agree that most concerns have been taken care of by mike and Thomas, but I find it funny that most of the arguments about how those of us that don't like the new system should deal with it, can be very, very easily turned around.  why is it so hard for you, matt, to see that many of us see this as a FORUM first, and saw the classifieds section as an extension of the forum, not as a separate entity (sorry mike, I disagree, it has become a separate entity even if its still under the ratsun name. much as Saturn and chevy are both under the umbrella of GM, but were different brands.) is it just immaturity because you don't see my point of view? or is it narrow-mindedness that yours is the only point of view possible or plausible? I stopped complaining about it because mike gave a solid, concrete reason behind why it was changed, and while I don't agree with it its him, not me, that has to deal with all the bullshit that went on in the old classifieds.  people like you who cant give a reason for shit, but can spend all day calling everyone who disagrees stupid or immature just makes me want to live up to what i'm being accused of and be a dick. why have the finger pointed at you if you cant at least have the joy of doing what you're being accused of?

• Like 1

^^ so hand over the rains

It should be possible to renew it twice, but I am not sure how to do that just yet. Since I haven't posted any ads to experiment with, I contacted the developer to see how this is done.

Thomas... I wanna see pics of your datsun... or ban.

well, seeing as how these changes were meant to help streamline things from what I've understood, starting a new thread every time someone has a question on compatability is a wonderful idea...  and since every time a list of major concerns, not to be confused with questions like how to navigate it, comes up, people like you pop on and say "no, that's not a viable concern because classifieds." without giving any actual reason as to why, other than because classifieds, how are we to come up with a list of pointed concerns. I agree that most concerns have been taken care of by mike and Thomas, but I find it funny that most of the arguments about how those of us that don't like the new system should deal with it, can be very, very easily turned around.  why is it so hard for you, matt, to see that many of us see this as a FORUM first, and saw the classifieds section as an extension of the forum, not as a separate entity (sorry mike, I disagree, it has become a separate entity even if its still under the ratsun name. much as Saturn and chevy are both under the umbrella of GM, but were different brands.) is it just immaturity because you don't see my point of view? or is it narrow-mindedness that yours is the only point of view possible or plausible? I stopped complaining about it because mike gave a solid, concrete reason behind why it was changed, and while I don't agree with it its him, not me, that has to deal with all the bullshit that went on in the old classifieds.  people like you who cant give a reason for shit, but can spend all day calling everyone who disagrees stupid or immature just makes me want to live up to what i'm being accused of and be a dick. why have the finger pointed at you if you cant at least have the joy of doing what you're being accused of?

The questions of compatibility are probably already answered without needing to start a new thread.  Or, since you already have a datsun and a build thread or an intro thread, you could just as easily, if not more easily, get an answer there as you could in a random for-sale/wanted thread, could you not?  The immaturity comment is directed at all the BS that filled for-sale & wanted threads, which we can now thankfully live without due to the structure change of the classified section.  I'm still trying to figure out what all you guys are complaining about without going back and reading 30 pages of utter BS bickering, and I dismiss the argument that the classifieds are no longer good because they're no longer discussion forums, which they shouldn't have been in the first place if people were mature about it.  They're not ebay, unless those of us still using them got a super secret free pass, but I digress.  I suppose they're more like craigslist, except that they're not local, they're pointed at an exact market segment (Datsun owners), and  you don't have to jump through a bunch of hoops or get a lot of spam, scams, and flakes.  So maybe they're not like craigslist either.  They're ads for ratsun members, by ratsun members, with pictures and prices and general sections.  Crap, I guess they just suck, now that I think about it...

GLWS!

Sweet wheels bro!

I can get that for $5 less if I drive 40 miles each way to my gf's bro's mom's house, so you should drop the price and ship it to me for free, with free shipping.

I'll take it if you still have it when my welfare check comes next thursday.

• Like 2

I think Skib said that when he (and other mods) posted, their ads were automatically listed as "featured." That "featured" feature was removed, but maybe the extended listing period feature was left by mistake? That or Skib is just a total dick and wanted to fan the flames a bit. Not sure which seems more likely. Hmmmmmm.......

Edit: added more features

skib didnt know about the "feature" feature just like everyone else..... i know because i live with him and had to hear about it when someone first brought it up. i couldnt tell you about the extended time feature, but he is just as new to the new classifieds as everyone else. i ask him questions about them all the time and he gives me this blank look like he doesnt know either...... i only speak for him, because he probably didnt notice you asked this, and i work with him.

I think that the listings should have a City/town location so we can decide if a set of wheels for example is available for pick up or if the said parts will need to be shipped.

If i missed it somewhere than could someone please point out where in the listing it is shown. I really miss the old format and the open market discussions that revolved aroundmany of the listings. I feel like it is now a private club that fewer people can and do visit, It seems like this thread has absorbed as much server space as a years worth of off topic and redundent questions on items listed for sale. 2cents,,, I also prefer boxers over briefs.

• Like 1

I think that the listings should have a City/town location so we can decide if a set of wheels for example is available for pick up or if the said parts will need to be shipped.

If i missed it somewhere than could someone please point out where in the listing it is shown. I really miss the old format and the open market discussions that revolved aroundmany of the listings. I feel like it is now a private club that fewer people can and do visit, It seems like this thread has absorbed as much server space as a years worth of off topic and redundent questions on items listed for sale. 2cents,,, I also prefer boxers over briefs.

In the additional info tab, it lists a location. 

I posted one item , 280z struts, verry clearly marked, with pictures price and location....

I got 30 messages in one day from people wanting my 280zx struts for 15$....

The classifieds now suck. 50 people have said so. Half the active community.

Yet no shits givin.

Why is that?

Thats the point tim.

Have a question? Fuck you. Dont like it? Fuck you. Its like trying to hang out on photobucket. Shit will change wether you like it or not.

Oh and fuck you.

The moral of the story is ..... you guessed it. Fuck you. (Insert izzo's hella-cock-ter)

skib didnt know about the "feature" feature just like everyone else..... i know because i live with him and had to hear about it when someone first brought it up. i couldnt tell you about the extended time feature, but he is just as new to the new classifieds as everyone else. i ask him questions about them all the time and he gives me this blank look like he doesnt know either...... i only speak for him, because he probably didnt notice you asked this, and i work with him.

Yeah, I figured that's what happened. I meant the last part about him just wanting to upset people for some reason to be taken sarcastically, but I guess it didn't come off that way.

• Like 1