New Classifieds

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is easily the best community Ive been involved in. Im not here to buy/sell parts, so as long as its still possible I dont care what the do to the Classifieds section. Im here for the people and the information. Parts come secondary. Even if there wasnt a FS section I would still be here. Thats why Im not an active Realm member... that place blows for camaraderie so Im here. Lurk the classifieds over there and post here. 

what he said, only its hybridz with me. i'll lurk there for more specialized info if I can find it, but its not worth my time to deal with "you're not turboing it? you're not putting in a v8? ...whats the point of having a z? you're a dumbass."  tho I did like going thru the classys to see what was there when I was bored, now I use the time for insomniacs, 2.0 and 3.0 :rofl:

Other than Ebay and Craigslist..?...are there any other forums that delete/remove ads after 2+ weeks..????

Keep them for reference....info, comparison, pricing.....whatever.
Posterity?
Open dialogue as per old class'...remove drop down question box.
Would assume all or most queries are now through PM???..... :hmm:

FWIW....some necro threads have panned out for a few members.
Not saying that a Noob's first bump and or was conducive or anything...lol.....but
Interesting to say the least

Gonna subscribe to all of my old listings...........hope for some PMs..

:D  :D  :D

• Like 1

Yeah I have to say, I Don't Know Why I Keep Coming Back to this Thread.... It sucks you in.  I click on "my content" and see there is a new posting, so I feel compelled to check it out. RanMan72 is right, it is like reality TV.  Next to the "L.E.N.O. Effect" Thread, this has got to be one of the longest, mostly worthless threads (at least at this point) in Ratsun history!?  I'm surprised there hasn't been more falling-outs between members over this shit!  It seems some get close to that point.

Is that suppose to happen?  

It's actually under construction, an extension of our main site.  Wasn't intended to be a plug, my bad.

Back on topic - Gotta concur with Tristin - I honestly DGAF what happens with the Classifieds.  I've sold hundreds of parts here, and bought just as many (when you have 8-10 classics, you gotta get parts somewhere)... I keep coming back because the members are cool and I enjoy hanging out with you guys.  It lets me take off my "Admin" hat and be a regular member.  

Heh heh you said 'member'.

See y'all at JCCS or at some local meets.

This is easily the best community Ive been involved in. Im not here to buy/sell parts, so as long as its still possible I dont care what the do to the Classifieds section. Im here for the people and the information. Parts come secondary. Even if there wasnt a FS section I would still be here. Thats why Im not an active Realm member... that place blows for camaraderie so Im here. Lurk the classifieds over there and post here. 

Wow, after all this and you don't even buy /sell parts and  don't care what goes on in classifieds ?    Now that's funny   :rofl:

^^^ :lol: wonder what my file says    "  types too much gibberish ...and like shiney objects ! "

All I have to say is ... everyone that has posted in this thread better be workin on their datsun(s) as well as have something to share with all of us... lol.

It's summer-time ... winter is when we get to stay inside and have "discussion's" with eachother.... frol

Oh wait ... sorry ratwagon ... no summer for you..

-------------------------------------------------------------- Relevant to the thread ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* A search method of some kind ----  would be stellar ! We use to use Google as a search function as well , but I understand that may not be possible. Now search using Google is a no-go lol.

* More results per page ---  preview picture or not ... I don't care for pre-view pictures as long as there are a bunch of listings to sift through Then... when I click the pictures are there on the page ... maybe an option for both preview and non-preview pictures for all ?

* Main Datsun Category addition --- "Custom parts for sale" , "Custom parts Request's" , and possibly... Senior member vendor's !? ( I understand how that play's out , but I understand that "can" be a slippery slope.... I was thinking more in mind of Karnutz , Mklotz , Redeye, Tristin , EricJB , 71Dimer , etc etc )

----- ^^^ In addition to this ... there could be waiting lists for people to sign-up for or stand in-line for a certain product to be either made or a run of that specific product made. (ex: 20 pairs of cv-axles to be shortened ... need 20 members to make a batch ! waiting list to be composed and/or alert the Member making/sending out these products who when has signed up.. etc.. etc ...   I do understand there are limitations with some things , but I think a system could be worked to fit if so deemed.

I don't know how members that make custom parts feel about that , but it would better "connect" to other members easier I believe if they understood what was going on. Hybridz just uses a good old fashioned thread and ask's for "x" amount of members to chime in ... then makes a list while throwing up a reply of how many members are "IN" for a run of "x" product. If there were some kind of button or something that would be pretty cool ...

• Like 1

You may be trying to access the old closed classifieds. Click the CLASSIFIEDS at the top of the page to the right of FORUMS MEMBERS CALENDAR

Thanks Mike I'll get in there again and try don't really know what the hell I was doing wrong but I'll try again.  You don't happen to know who has the electronic dizzy for a 79kc for sale do you?  My module was broken when I was hit.  Let me know will you.  Thanks Lance

Wow, after all this and you don't even buy /sell parts and don't care what goes on in classifieds ? Now that's funny :rofl:

Maybe you should actually look in the classifieds and see I have ads up right now. I've also been working with Thomas to ensure people can renew ads as my prior ads expired and due to coding restrictions could not be renewed.

Either your reading comprehension is very poor or you like to talk shit without doing your research.

I said selling parts come second. I'm here for the community, not to make a quick buck. Let me know if I have use even smaller words so you understand this time...

Im here for the people and the information. Parts come secondary.

• Like 1

* Main Datsun Category addition --- "Custom parts for sale" , "Custom parts Request's" , and possibly... Senior member vendor's !? ( I understand how that play's out , but I understand that "can" be a slippery slope.... I was thinking more in mind of Karnutz , Mklotz , Redeye, Tristin , EricJB , 71Dimer , etc etc )

----- ^^^ In addition to this ... there could be waiting lists for people to sign-up for or stand in-line for a certain product to be either made or a run of that specific product made. (ex: 20 pairs of cv-axles to be shortened ... need 20 members to make a batch ! waiting list to be composed and/or alert the Member making/sending out these products who when has signed up.. etc.. etc ...   I do understand there are limitations with some things , but I think a system could be worked to fit if so deemed.

I don't know how members that make custom parts feel about that , but it would better "connect" to other members easier I believe if they understood what was going on. Hybridz just uses a good old fashioned thread and ask's for "x" amount of members to chime in ... then makes a list while throwing up a reply of how many members are "IN" for a run of "x" product. If there were some kind of button or something that would be pretty cool ...

I think Redeye mentioned there was going to be a vendor section and I dont see why you (or someone interested) couldnt start a group-buy in the General Section where you could have a full discussion.

Working with similar software Im not too sure a group-buy thread like that would be possible. The closest thing would be an ad that is set to never expire and people are directed to add their name to the list by checking in on the questions page. Now that I type this off the top of my head, that sounds like it would work perfect. Ask a mod to list your item forever (only available for group-buys and vendors if/when that happens) and in the description of the item, direct people to say they want in by posting a "question."

A thought.

Mods: Im not sure what stage youre at with trying for a vendor section, but maybe you can share some details about what youre thinking? Cost to become a vendor? Site -wide advertising? Non-expiring ads? Own company sub-section?

^^^ :lol: wonder what my file says    "  types too much gibberish ...and like shiney objects ! "

All I have to say is ... everyone that has posted in this thread better be workin on their datsun(s) as well as have something to share with all of us... lol.

It's summer-time ... winter is when we get to stay inside and have "discussion's" with eachother.... frol

Oh wait ... sorry ratwagon ... no summer for you..

-------------------------------------------------------------- Relevant to the thread ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* A search method of some kind ----  would be stellar ! We use to use Google as a search function as well , but I understand that may not be possible. Now search using Google is a no-go lol.

You can use the regular ratsun search window. Just choose the classified option instead of google. Works pretty good.

* More results per page ---  preview picture or not ... I don't care for pre-view pictures as long as there are a bunch of listings to sift through Then... when I click the pictures are there on the page ... maybe an option for both preview and non-preview pictures for all ?

More results per page would be good.

We are disgussing how to accomplish something like this right now. Jeff and I both have products like this, so we know we need something.

I personally make a run of mounts and just make sure my ad is up to date and has links to relevant threads. It has worked so far in both classified formats.

Hope that helps, I think more ads per page is a good idea.

• Like 1

You may be trying to access the old closed classifieds.

I don't know if this is a suggestion or not, but it's not a complaint ...

when someone Googles ratsun the results have a link to the old classified

getting that changed might help a number of dat-heads in the long run

Mods: Im not sure what stage youre at with trying for a vendor section, but maybe you can share some details about what youre thinking? Cost to become a vendor? Site -wide advertising? Non-expiring ads? Own company sub-section?

It's in the fermenting stage at the moment.

More along the lines of a vender section that would house threads like the Can-Am box thread and the Motor Mounts thread. A forum where Dave from Futofab might highlight certain products, something like that.

• Like 1

Hope that helps, I think more ads per page is a good idea.

Helped indeed.. Thankyou Redeye !

With all that red lettering I felt like I was in English 101 yet again :lol: !! ( Which I almost failed mind you... :lol: )

Will be cool to see what comes out , but like all good things... the longer the wait ... the better it will be ... wait wut !?

Derp on me for not using the internal search function... :rolleyes: :lol: ... sorry bout that !

I'm just use to skimming through the titles and using google instead apparently.

Tristin --- Yeah.. I obviously don't work with software... as much as break it lol. Not a bad approach really...

I was just curious if there were any perks besides separation... 

Not really. Don't really want to overcomplicate it.

I am using the classifieds for my sales, and it seems to be getting traffic as I am still selling at the same rate as before the change over. Of course I am on here a lot and get quite a bit of exposure that way.

In my case, the only other thing I would need is to move my old classified ad to the how to section so that Q & A has somewhere to go with pictures and whatnot. Hmmm maybe I will start a new thread in how to, thanks for the idear. :)

In say Futofabs case, he might want a vendor specific area to showcase certain products or something, which is where most of the mods discussion is focused at the moment.

Most of the regular 'vendors' on here already donate to the forum, so I don't think we'd need to provide special treatment for that type of thing.

I tried to do an advanced search on google but it apparantley is gone?  I was able to put the classifieds url and search for an item that way, but it was much easier to use the search on ratsun with the classifieds selected. When I used google for some reason it went to my old ad not the latest one, so that is something that will need looked at.

Most of the regular 'vendors' on here already donate to the forum, so I don't think we'd need to provide special treatment for that type of thing.

I speak of those options because thats the way it was on some previous car forums which seemed to work out. 

Vendors would pay whatever the fee was to be a featured vendor (usually wasnt a lot and was a one time deal). For that, they got their own section in the vendors area and a banner ad for the site, and now with the fact that ads expire over 14 days, it would be cool to make their ads unlimited. There was also a vendor only discussion section that regular members couldnt see (Im sure you have a moderator section similar) where they could talk about pricing, success with online sale, etc... whatever business people talk about. They could pool thier collective info together to help each other out. 

Obviously if you have a long running member thats donated plenty, you can waive the vendor fee, but if someone new here wanted those business features then they would have to pay. 

Once again, just a thought. Not sure how many of the current mods have been mods on other boards so not sure what everyones experience is. Just throwing out some past experience to try and help along the board. 

I tried to do an advanced search on google but it apparantley is gone?  I was able to put the classifieds url and search for an item that way, but it was much easier to use the search on ratsun with the classifieds selected. When I used google for some reason it went to my old ad not the latest one, so that is something that will need looked at.

The classifieds used to just be a section of the regular forum pages so you didnt have to alter the search box. If you click on the word "Google" and radio select 'Classifieds' then the search works perfect and will direct you to the new Classifieds Add-on.