New Classifieds

if you are going to continue to enforce the minimum post requirement then something should be created in an obvious readable spot on the classified section, so new threads arent created, maybe make the button available but when selected it states " you must have atleast ... posts to post here" so people like me, dont annoy people like TRISTINGRIND , im sorry but if its not obvious to new commers, the issue will continue to happen whether limits/minimum post requirements  are raised or not, the question will still be asked in random threads.

its already been brought up and acknowledged. our administrator just has to get the time available to dig through what needs to be dug through to get it up.  in the meantime, our mods get to keep their wits sharp. 2 threads locked, 2 more that I've seen to go.  and I think metalmonkey has a point with the wtb's having the 25 post limit, tho i'm not sure how difficult or if it would even be possible to remove the limit from a wtb ad.  from what I understand the 25 post limit was to keep members from getting screwed over by random people. its really easy to fuck someone when you're selling, its a bit more difficult when you're buying.  curious as to whether its feasible or not?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha obviously with your 27 posts you know whats going on with this forum. Feel free to read all 55 pages and then you can comment in here.

28 posts now bud, i dont have to read 55 pages to understand how forums work, each one is different, this one obviously still has some things to work out if it wants operate to please everyone, you obviously are having a bad day to rant about this minor issue, i was simply adding my 2 cents as a new comer speaking from personal experience, its simple, ineeded a part, i couldnt post, i didnt see anything convienently posted about min 25 posts, so i took upon my current available resources and posted a simple question, and got an answer, end of story. 

• Like 3

the problem is, sneaker, that this thread doesn't tell you how this forum works(well, it kinda does if you read between the lines lol). these 55 pages all arised from problems with our new classifieds system.  i'm guessing Tristan, like a lot of those on here, is just tired of people coming onto this thread and complaining be it a complaint with a solution, or just a rant. like I said, we're at 55 pages of complaints, rants, solutions, more rants, more complaints, and some trolling.

28 posts now bud, i dont have to read 55 pages to understand how forums work, each one is different, this one obviously still has some things to work out if it wants operate to please everyone, you obviously are having a bad day to rant about this minor issue, i was simply adding my 2 cents as a new comer speaking from personal experience, its simple, ineeded a part, i couldnt post, i didnt see anything convienently posted about min 25 posts, so i took upon my current available resources and posted a simple question, and got an answer, end of story.

No its not. Im not faulting you for posting a thread. If you would actually take part in this forum and read like I said, you would see that the 25 posts rule isnt anywhere posted for new people. We have brought that up and we expect questions to come up. 

Idiocy that annoys me, is all you did was make two word posts to boost your count. What the fuck does that do for the community? Nothing. 

welp

i guess

i guess i will, ok this thread can be deleted now

the problem is, sneaker, that this thread doesn't tell you how this forum works(well, it kinda does if you read between the lines lol). these 55 pages all arised from problems with our new classifieds system.  i'm guessing Tristan, like a lot of those on here, is just tired of people coming onto this thread and complaining be it a complaint with a solution, or just a rant. like I said, we're at 55 pages of complaints, rants, solutions, more rants, more complaints, and some trolling.

Exactly. Read all 55 pages and then whatever wisdom you think you can impart that hasnt already been said can be posted. There are tons of suggestions and comments by people that make up community on a regular basis... your 28 posts here wont say anything new Im sure.

Im not hating on you for being new, but you dont know whats going on in this place. Read up and then speak.

I spoke to an old friend tonight that had been of Ratsun for a while dealing with family issues. Said he got back on and couldn't figure out what happened to Ratsun, and where everything went. 

He mentioned that he misses being able to browse the for sale section every few hours for a good deal that he might like. Bought cars/engines and all kinds of stuff that way. Told me that he probably won't get on Ratsun much anymore with all the dysfunction in a lot of the areas too. 

^^Just putting it out there. 

Seriously?  It's not that different, people!

• Like 1

I need more popcorn.

I used to. Now instead of eating popcorn watching this thread I just go stick my dick in the gf

1990sProblems_zps63971269.jpg

:rofl:

Exactly. I don't email people telling them to try to sell it on ratsun anymore

• Like 1

actually Tristan, what he did was pretty smart(even tho it doesn't follow in the spirit of what is said about the 25 posts).  most people that want to sell or buy don't want to spend hours or days making meaningful, helpful posts, when they can hit 25 posts in a few minutes and do what they were here to do in the first place.  its great for weeding out bots that manage to get thru, or unmotivated/shady sellers.  its a pain in the ass for those that aren't shady or unmotivated, and those people will find the quick solution to bending the rule without breaking it, as sneaker did.  not saying I necessarily condone it, but its definitely not idiocy.

No its not. Im not faulting you for posting a thread. If you would actually take part in this forum and read like I said, you would see that the 25 posts rule isnt anywhere posted for new people. We have brought that up and we expect questions to come up. 

Idiocy that annoys me, is all you did was make two word posts to boost your count. What the fuck does that do for the community? Nothing. 

Exactly. Read all 55 pages and then whatever wisdom you think you can impart that hasnt already been said can be posted. There are tons of suggestions and comments by people that make up community on a regular basis... your 28 posts here wont say anything new Im sure.

Im not hating on you for being new, but you dont know whats going on in this place. Read up and then speak.

took care of those posts and edited them to " contributing information" so no ones time was waisted, im sure the info provided could come to use to someone

• Like 2

Sneakerjunkie, altho I feal is a old members alter ego... is awsomely on ball.

Tristin, always likes to tell people when or if and where they should post. Relax bro. Your prety, and smart.

Izzo, dicks the girl friend. Now I want popcorn.

Metal monkey, has a friend just like several I have, and myself.

Matt, cant "feal" the change.

Devilsbullet, vindicated.

RedBanner entertained.

• Like 4

ok...I like sneaker. you need to stay. the ability to get shit flipped at you, and politely tell that person to fuck off by doing exactly what he asked is awesome lol.

thank you, i appreciate that.... one day ill graduate to "datsun mechanic" and just be a pandoras box off useful information and for all to bask in its glory

• Like 1

thank you, i appreciate that.... one day ill graduate to "datsun mechanic" and just be a pandoras box off useful information and for all to bask in its glory

well hurry the fuck up I could use a hand :lol:

if you didn't spend a lot of time in the classifieds, its not. if you did, as metalmonkeys friend obviously did, then it is.

Says the 2012 member to the 2008 member. Aside from no longer being able to converse in the classified posts they are for all intents and purposes the same. Organization of the sections and how they are accessed changed slightly but you really have to be a lazy mfer to get hung up on that.

I spoke to an old friend tonight that had been of Ratsun for a while dealing with family issues. Said he got back on and couldn't figure out what happened to Ratsun, and where everything went. 

He mentioned that he misses being able to browse the for sale section every few hours for a good deal that he might like. Bought cars/engines and all kinds of stuff that way. Told me that he probably won't get on Ratsun much anymore with all the dysfunction in a lot of the areas too. 

^^Just putting it out there. 

Tell him he's stupid and a crybaby and a whiner and he doesn't understand this community and he's making a mountain out of a molehill and he's getting all butthurt for no reason...

;)

I learned way back in in 2001 that while there's no place for 'mob rule' in a community, there's always a consequence for ignoring the hue and cry of otherwise well-meaning, contributing members.

• Like 2

Tell him he's stupid and a crybaby and a whiner and he doesn't understand this community and he's making a mountain out of a molehill and he's getting all butthurt for no reason...

;)

I learned way back in in 2001 that while there's no place for 'mob rule' in a community, there's always a consequence for ignoring the hue and cry of otherwise well-meaning, contributing members.

Whoa whoa, all that over a simple observation? Someone with several jobs, lots of family shit to deal with, and not much time to work on his own Datsuns let alone search for parts on Ratsun is expected to now take the extra time to navigate features that aren't hardly even used by most users. 

Seems like it's a bit overzealous and judgmental to jump at someone because they don't have the extra time to navigate a fuck ton of new features that got shoveled down our throats one night. 

Granted some people have more time on their hands then others and can deal with the changes, pretty dickly to make such comments about a member you don't know over a differing opinion. Especially when for all you know, he could have contributed more to the community then you.

What a community huh. 

TITS

• Like 1

I like the price right up front so people do not have to open and look for it.

No more... "Blah blah blah for sale, pics up later today." Well why the hell even post if you're not supplying pictures until later? Do it all at once.

No more:

"Man why U so far away? GLWS"

"I would buy this if I had the money, GLWS"

"Nice! GLWS"

"Had one just like it, GLWS"

No more....

Seller: L20B valve cover for sale

Reply: Got a picture of it? (because I've never seen one before in my whole little life)

No more....

Noobs with first post trying to get rid of their 'shit'

:thumbup: NUff said.