New Classifieds

The classifieds used to just be a section of the regular forum pages so you didnt have to alter the search box. If you click on the word "Google" and radio select 'Classifieds' then the search works perfect and will direct you to the new Classifieds Add-on. 

Perhaps you didn't understand what I was saying, sorry - my bad

If someone who has only heard of Ratsun, but never been on it before, were to look for it ... how would they find it? ... most likely they would go to Google.  If you are on a computer, I don't have a phone so I can only guess that is different, but from a web browser when you Google Ratsun there are links to the old classified - not the new one.  I hope that made my point better than my earlier attempt.

Peace Out

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps you didn't understand what I was saying, sorry - my bad

If someone who has only heard of Ratsun, but never been on it before, were to look for it ... how would they find it? ... most likely they would go to Google.  If you are on a computer, I don't have a phone so I can only guess that is different, but from a web browser when you Google Ratsun there are links to the old classified - not the new one.  I hope that made my point better than my earlier attempt.

Peace Out

Are you talking about this?

EyVbCGp.png

Thats the cached site map that Google has. Either two things need to happen for that to change... either Thomas needs to update the site map code or Google needs to re-index the site (I dont know what their periodicity is on that). 

If ratsun gets sale ad "banners" ill burn this shit down.

I dont think anyone wants ads on this site. It does just fine without them... 

I speak of those options because thats the way it was on some previous car forums which seemed to work out.

Vendors would pay whatever the fee was to be a featured vendor (usually wasnt a lot and was a one time deal). For that, they got their own section in the vendors area and a banner ad for the site, and now with the fact that ads expire over 14 days, it would be cool to make their ads unlimited. There was also a vendor only discussion section that regular members couldnt see (Im sure you have a moderator section similar) where they could talk about pricing, success with online sale, etc... whatever business people talk about. They could pool thier collective info together to help each other out.

Obviously if you have a long running member thats donated plenty, you can waive the vendor fee, but if someone new here wanted those business features then they would have to pay.

Once again, just a thought. Not sure how many of the current mods have been mods on other boards so not sure what everyones experience is. Just throwing out some past experience to try and help along the board.

The thing about ratsun is, there are no fees, there are no banner ads and I would assume that's how Jeff would like to keep it, as he has stated this in the past. Sure there is a request for donations from time to time to keep the servers running, but that is more about supporting the community you enjoy hanging out in. No pressure, no problem.

I would think the vendors we would have as 'forum vendors' would be contributing members first and vendors second. As has been said before, this is a community not a dumping ground for whatever product someone wants to sell. We get lots of request from 'vendors' that want to sell here and we tell all of them the same thing. Become a member, participate in the community and maybe post up an ad in the classifieds. For whatever reason most of them never do that, so obviously they were just interested in selling their wares.

I know I've mention Dave a few times, that's because he is a perfect example of a ratsun vendor. Hangs out, helps out and provides good parts, good tech and generally supports the forum in a few different ways as well as the Datsun community in general. I know I won some of his stuff at Canby and he's donated stuff for Bluelake as well.

I don't really see the need for a hidden vendor forum myself, especially because we have a good PM system that allows multiple users to partake in a conversation. I personally don't care how many Can--Am boxes Jeff has sold or what Daves percentages are...I have enough to keep track of in my own life lol.

I think once the classifieds are ironed out we will be able to address the vendor question a little better. For now keep up the comments and suggestions because they are being read and acted on when possible.

• Like 1

The thing about ratsun is, there are no fees, there are no banner ads and I would assume that's how Jeff would like to keep it, as he has stated this in the past. Sure there is a request for donations from time to time to keep the servers running, but that is more about supporting the community you enjoy hanging out in. No pressure, no problem.

Like I mentioned to Red a couple comments up, I hope there are no ads either. I just mentioned what a previous site enacted and how there were benefits to being a vendor. I totally agree on the point of member first, vendor second. Obviously mods have right to refuse people... I wouldnt want 1000 vendors selling something slightly related to Datsun or automobiles clogging up the FS area. 

And yes, Dave is a perfect example of member/vendor :thumbup: Always a great guy. 

Ive mentioned it before in passing, but another option (non-classifieds related) would be to have a mandatorily read PM system. Mods can send out a PM that everyone is required to read prior to continuing on to the forums. You can use it for updates or announcements that verifies that someone has been notified. Or it can be used for new members with site rules, 25 posts rule, and how to post pictures. It would keep a lot of repeated threads down because people would have to read it instead of just hoping people read it through the stickies. Obviously those dont work... 

Are you talking about this?

EyVbCGp.png

Yep - I know what it is, and how it got there

... I was just pointing it out as a possible source for folks asking why they can't post in the classified over-and-over-and-over again.

I think I was understood that time around. I feel all warm now - wait, did I just pee in my pants?

• Like 1

People would just scroll through the PM's, trust me this was tried on another forum I frequent. 

Reading comprehension is key in this sort of thing...most people don't bother with even the first part - reading.

The part where your not contributing to the community in any way. Just trolling...

Red, the tortured soul he is just can't help himself.

Sad that he thinks referencing a group of communist dictators as being representative of the Ratsun community is funny.

Some people evolve, Red however keeps going backwards.

Quite pitiful really.

Blah blah blah eventuly datsun. Ive helped more people here and in the datsun community than either of you can comprehend. Rotwangs trolling of grade school kids goes unchecked... is what im doing worse? Nope. Not even close. Im just having fun. You guys should lighten the fuck up this is ratsun.... you can escape to dmt if im bothering you... of course this is the internet... I assume your adults so it doesnt bother you at all right mm

• Like 2

When I worked with emotionally disturbed kids years ago, it was called "planned ignoring" of their negative attention seeking behavior.  The more that you ignore the annoying, negative behavior, the more bored they get with it because they don't get the reaction that they're seeking from you, and they will eventually stop.  Mind you, not all take the same amount of time to get bored of nobody acknowledging that they're being a fucking asshat, but they do usually stop at some point.

Some day Banner will get bored of it when pretty much everyone stops quoting, and replying to his useless posts...... maybe we'll get back to the old Banner some day who was actually a pleasure to have a discussion with, and whose comments were actually helpful and amusing to read.  I miss that Banner..... I hope he returns sooner than later.  :console:

Banner, I understand your frustration with being ignored when the Classifieds initially dropped and you had issues and questions, but your shit lately has just been more annoying than anything and will most likely never help to rectify anything in the Classifieds, or elsewhere around here for you.  :hmm:

• Like 5

Haha, thats sincerly sweet. I meen it. But every one has there own way of copeing with things. I make my self laugh. Do I think some folks made some bad decisions with something I felt was mine? Fuck yeah I think ive got that accross.

Do I talk shit to any one person? Ok well one fuck.. but only when I feal like takeing the heat off some teen who doesnt know what head he needs or how to bleed brakes, and said fuck trolls em for it.

Ignore all you want. There are 2 threads I will be on ever page of..... can you guess wich?

Of course you can, do I hate any one over anything? Ok well one fuck.... so what... not a the only one that hates him.

Do I need any one to have a good impression of me that doesnt allready? Absalutly not. Never have.

Any ways.... your just ignoreing me write now so ill just mash buttons... I usualy get lucky and it kinda forms some words sometimes. Lolololol

Maybe you should actually look in the classifieds and see I have ads up right now. I've also been working with Thomas to ensure people can renew ads as my prior ads expired and due to coding restrictions could not be renewed.

Either your reading comprehension is very poor or you like to talk shit without doing your research.

I said selling parts come second. I'm here for the community, not to make a quick buck. Let me know if I have use even smaller words so you understand this time...

Your words dude...

"Im not here to buy/sell parts, so as long as its still possible I dont care what the do to the Classifieds section"

.... You can't pretend you didn't say something by conveniently leaving out parts of your posts (and I'm not crawling all over the forums looking for your posts).  My comprehension is just fine thank you.

Btw, I was trying to be jovial but you are the one getting all butt-hurt about it and making personal attacks, big guy.

Your words dude...

.... You can't pretend you didn't say something by conveniently leaving out parts of your posts.  My comprehension is just fine thank you (also my spelling, punctuation, and grammar are apparently much better than yours).

Obviously not... "Im not here to sell parts" and "I dont sell parts" are two totally different things.