New Classifieds

The author of an ad can renew it by clicking on the expired ad, or from the "manage classifieds" link in the user drop down menu. This was unavailable for ads that were made before the renewal setting was altered, but I think those ads should be expired by now anyway. The pricing error should be resolved now, but I think some people were getting another error that is currently being investigated. 

Is there some sort of time limit on how long after it expires I can renew? I still have no way to renew an ad. Still receiving the same errors that there is no ad once I click on it from the Manage Classifieds section. I click on Manage Classifieds, click on Expired Averts, it lists the two Ive created and have since expired, I click on either one and receive this:

FWgyipe.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nvm on my question, since you've proven that baiting someone is more important than answering a simple question, its obvious that ya'll really don't give a flying fuck about attempts at useful insight. 

There is no straightforward way to add text to the top of the classifieds without digging into the templates themselves. I have not had much time lately to do that. Also, now that it's been implemented for a while, I wanted to get the moderators' opinion on the limit. 

Is there some sort of time limit on how long after it expires I can renew? I still have no way to renew an ad. Still receiving the same errors that there is no ad once I click on it from the Manage Classifieds section. I click on Manage Classifieds, click on Expired Averts, it lists the two Ive created and have since expired, I click on either one and receive this:

FWgyipe.png

Could you post or PM me the URL to the expired ad—or rather, where it should be? I think it should help if the author could look at specific examples.

vat do i do if ive sold the item? edit it and add "sold"?

i DO SEE the option to close advert but im not sure what that does. 

if i close it, will i still be able to reference the link/thread or will it be gone forever ;(

If you close the classified, I would think it should disappear from the listing. They are timed anyway, so it will disappear eventually by itself. 

Could you post or PM me the URL to the expired ad—or rather, where it should be? I think it should help if the author could look at specific examples.

http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/item/40-wtb-various-510-items/

http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/item/5-fs-gl-taillights/

Both of those give me the same error. 

There is no straightforward way to add text to the top of the classifieds without digging into the templates themselves. I have not had much time lately to do that. Also, now that it's been implemented for a while, I wanted to get the moderators' opinion on the limit. 

don't bother. the mods already have too much to do without being bothered by something this trivial. if it mattered, one of them would have said something by now.  thank you for explaining the difficulties behind adding it to the top of the classifieds though, makes sense.  maybe putting it into the ratsun rules, if that doesn't require digging into the templates too far either?  I would think that anyone who actually planned on staying here longer than to try and sell something would give those a quick once over so they didn't get booted for something stupid.  thanks again for the response!

• Like 1

"Hey, we don't enjoy always covering the entire cost of the forum when we're a small fraction of the user base"

yeah bro.... you wanna have something that you can change or mold at any time without recourse or concern... well you pay for it your damn self. Or the repo man gets it.
  • Like 1

yeah bro.... you wanna have something that you can change or mold at any time without recourse or concern... well you pay for it your damn self. Or the repo man gets it.

Did someone call for a Repo man!?!?! 

I posted specific issues that needed to be addressed.  Nothing happened.  

Example:  It's idiotic to have to list a price and a location for a WTB ad (among other issues).

I'm not responding to anyone who doesn't run a forum (matt), because you haven't a clue what you're talking about.  My classifieds are 100x larger, and for the past TWELVE years, they haven't required much maintenance at all.

Mods / staff, thanks for your patience.  I wouldn't make a stink if I didn't give a shit.

• Like 1

Do you pay taxes to the IRS?

If that was supposed to be an example of how we are under the thumb of an authoritarian and inflexible government entity that doesn't give a hoot about our opinions...   well I guess you are on the right track !

Thats a bit extreme. If you really feel that way, you have the opportunity to leave this community unlike the real 1800s slavery and 1940s holocaust situation you think this is. No one is keeping you here.

Its been proven that its not changing after 44 pages so how about instead of complaining (which will get you no where) you either help discuss real features or setting that would make it better or learn to use it. Actual issues are getting buried under everyones whining over a situation that wont be changed. I didnt make the change, but Ive realized that no matter what people say, its going to stay. Its the Internet and not the end of the World. Who really cares that much? 

Dang man, trying to show me the door over a comment eh ?   And who are you again ?  Cause I don't see owner, admin, or mod listed on your sig ?

Example:  It's idiotic to have to list a price and a location for a WTB ad (among other issues).

I'm not responding to anyone who doesn't run a forum (matt), because you haven't a clue what you're talking about.  My classifieds are 100x larger, and for the past TWELVE years, they haven't required much maintenance at all.

Mods / staff, thanks for your patience.  I wouldn't make a stink if I didn't give a shit.

That's cool, I can still respond to you.  You're making a mountain out of a mole hill.  You don't have to put a price with WTB ads and you might know that if you tried posting one instead of crying about it.  Also, a location does make sense for WTB ads, since many people aren't willing to ship.  You should know that.  But you're right, it is so incredibly, in fact, insanely difficult to put in a location that you should raise a giant stink about it and take all your toys and go home.

• Like 1

I think if/when we get a wanted section up and running the issue of price would go away. I think having a location in any ad is helpful.

I'm sure your classifieds are great, but to me the classifieds are somewhat secondary to the rest of ratsun. I realize a lot of guys use the classifieds here, but most of the traffic has always been in the general and projects sections and we still have a classifed section, it's not like we got rid of it.

I personally, rarely look at the classifieds, unless I am in the market for a specific item or I have some money to burn on my wish list. Of course this touches on one of my issues with them, so you guys aren't the only ones that have issues with the new system.

Not sure if I mentioned it, but not getting complaints, reports and having to do constant cleanup in the classifieds has been great. In fact this thread has been great at directing all that stuff to one thread so I'm willing to give them a try for that alone. :lol:

• Like 1

Okay new classifieds here to stay, check, but the old would have worked fine if the thread starter was given rights to delete other's posts within his own thread.  If possible, that would have dealt with most of the reasons for getting rid of it and saved the policing and cleanup by mods and been able to keep all the other good aspects that ppl are complaining about losing here.  Simple solution without drastic measures that have led to 46 pages of griping (me included).

• Like 1

Okay new classifieds here to stay, check, but the old would have worked fine if the thread starter was given rights to delete other's posts within his own thread.  If possible, that would have dealt with most of the reasons for getting rid of it and saved the policing and cleanup by mods and been able to keep all the other good aspects that ppl are complaining about losing here.  Simple solution without drastic measures that have led to 46 pages of griping (me included).

So instead of policing, you would have us approve each thread starter as a moderator for their thread and grant those permissions each time they started a new ad? That seems like even more of a hassle to me. It also sounds a bit like how the new classifieds work.

Thanks for all the help redbanner, not sure what we'd do without it.  :P

• Like 1

Dang man, trying to show me the door over a comment eh ? And who are you again ? Cause I don't see owner, admin, or mod listed on your sig ?

Of course not, you're a big boy... I'm sure you k ow where it is without me pointing it out. I'm not telling you to leave. Just makes sense as you apparently believe this site is now slavery and the Holocaust all wrapped up in one.

Of course not, you're a big boy... I'm sure you k ow where it is without me pointing it out. I'm not telling you to leave. Just makes sense as you apparently believe this site is now slavery and the Holocaust all wrapped up in one.

Your making a big leap there.  My terms were meant to convey the iron fisted silencing of the public and ultimate submission and compliance without public discourse...  which is what you are trying to do, not to downplay the atrocities that resulted.  But good on you to spin this and attempt to vilify yourself by projecting all that ugliness on me.

Lol sure.

I'm not trying to shut anyone up. I was merely pointing out that no matter how much people complain about the new system (including me at the beginning) its here to stay. NOTHING we as members can say will bring it back; so why keep crying about it? It gets us nowhere.

Instead get over it and try to help make the new system bearable.

Everyone that's crying over the new classifieds is beating their head against the wall for nothing. It's not going back to the old system. How do you not realize that by now?

If that was supposed to be an example of how we are under the thumb of an authoritarian and inflexible government entity that doesn't give a hoot about our opinions...   well I guess you are on the right track !

No, it was a simple yes or no question. I was more curious that if you're such a revolutionary in the modern world, standing firmly against social injustices wherever you happen to grace with your virtuous presence, how you had time to pay any mind to such silly, inconsequential online squabbles.

Judging from your evasive answer, however, it sounds like that's not the case at all..

Everyone that's crying over the new classifieds is beating their head against the wall for nothing. It's not going back to the old system. How do you not realize that by now?

I don't see everyone crying, just a handful of folks.  Time will tell if this is better for Ratsun or not.

The mods prefer the classifieds not being an important feature here, and it's their call. They made it clear this is easier for them, they like it.

I tried it, I did not like it ... I stopped looking at it for stuff, I won't use the classified here to sell again. Not that anyone cares what I think.

I have no use for the new classifieds, nor insomniacs, nor nsfw stuffs ... so I don't go there, no problem.

There is still plenty of Ratsun for me - just saying the generalized comment above doesn't apply to all.

I'm too lazy to read every page right now, but could something like this be implemented? To me of the biggest losses was discussion and history of the part. This is what my BMW forum has done to solve with what looks like this software.

I think it would solve the Mods problems as well as users.

k9d.png

I didnt say "everyone is crying"... I said "everyone that is crying." Thats totally different

Okay ... I stand corrected on that detail, thank you.  However, my point is still the same:

Time will tell if Ratsun continues to have a strong online market place for old Dattos and parts, or not.

and my guess is it will not

• Like 2