New Classifieds

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When the forum changed. Not just the software, but the flooding of whiny bitches and idiots came in... A lot of good members were lost and their updates / cars, and worse, knowledge. They still own their rides but seent here. This flavor isn't for everyone.

I'm not, by any means, defending anyone who has reacted like a woman about this whole deal, but the switch did seem rather abrupt (hell, maybe I missed something though being as I haven't been around as much the past few weeks).   My only suggestion for changes in the future is to give a heads up that it's coming.  I'm not saying that any of you 'higher-ups' need to ask permission for shit to change, but at least let people know it's coming rather than just dropping it on some who may not totally love abrupt change.   All I can say is that I'm glad I'm not in any mods' shoes lately  :D

DatWifey,

Return of Jedi Ewok celebration ...

for the lolz :lol:

I also challenge you to a wiffle-ball bat duel to the death .... past midnight ... in the park behind the grade-school ... bring many wiffle ball bats ... this shits gonna take a while ... no lead filled bats this time .... I learned my lesson last time ... I think ?

:lol:

• Like 1

God dammit !!!  This has happened everytime I went to place an ad in new classifieds.. if I get an error it wipes out everything I did and I have to start over with description, uploads, everything ! 

Is there not a way to let us know there was an error without destroying the page info ???!!!

God dammit !!!  This has happened everytime I went to place an ad in new classifieds.. if I get an error it wipes out everything I did and I have to start over with description, uploads, everything ! 

Is there not a way to let us know there was an error without destroying the page info ???!!!

What error are you getting If I can ask BenJammin ?

I usually copy everything that will go in the description portion of the ad , and let the rest fall through if it needs to be on an ocassional error. :)

What error?  I placed my ad like over an hour ago and mine went threw just fine.

this same thing happens ever time theres a change...

- change gets made.

- people flip

- people make the "this is why old members left" shit

- threaten to leave

- the change rolls for a bit

- everyone gets used to it

- everyone forgets it was ever differant.

and repeat.

you forgot the stage where we profit....

.... we do profit right?

Do we really need this under our member title(s)?

Shirley we could just 'click' their avatar and or to find any feedback....etc......?

Not really necessary in the daily scheme of things.

Also...how can I have a positive feedback status.....when there is none????

Ahhhh...glass half empty theory.

I was getting errors over stupid stuff like leaving out the country or making the title too long and then it wiped out my form info when it went to the error page (probably more IE8's fault than the site - should be using Chrome or Firefox)... but nevermind, figured best way was to just place a very basic ad then add pics and edit it with more info after the fact.

Ratsun has been fundamentally changed this time at the very core, the basic discussion concept has been removed for one reason or another from the classifieds.

Now there is a bunch of feedback boxes below our names that are only going to separate people, if the idea is to chase members off, I cannot think of a better way of doing it.

I disliked the "donor" tag below my name when I donated, and asked that it be removed, and it was, thankyou, but it was replaced with something much worse.

The "likes", or whatever they used to be called were/are fine, they are not in your face, you have to hover over the members title to see that rating, which is how this new feedback should be in my opinion.

You can call me a whiner/names, but I try to think about what I say before I post it, as I have felt bad a couple times for posting rashly.

The decision has been made to do this, it's not my baby, so I will have to deal with it, I have say this though, when photobucket changed, they did the same thing, just changed it without warning, but when they didn't like what was being said on the feedback thread, they locked/removed it fairly quick, then all the feedback went to the FAQ thread, they then locked/removed that also a while later, so far nothing has been locked /removed yet here, the only thing that has worried me is the threat of the "ban" option for members not falling into place, and if that is what it comes to, banning members, then all is lost.

In the next year or so we will see the consequences of this change, if the average online daily member count diminishes, then maybe this wasn't such a good idea, the trouble is that most times, once someone leaves, they are gone, but worse, they don't recommend the site anymore either.

• Like 2

I didn't read the threads about how to post a classified. I didn't have to download anything. I finished my ad in 3 minutes first try. It's working fine. I don't like the time limit. And I really don't like how difficult it would be to publicly discuss info relative to the part FS. But I'm not the boss, and I'll just have to deal with it. I don't like it (at all) but it works. Nice that you don't have to use photobucket to put pics in the ad. Now if changing the forum was in question, and we the people had ANY say in it... (we don't) I'd say start with getting rid of photobucket's involvement, not all these other un-needed changes. My ad is up (buy my rare-ish cam cover for $40 :D ) and the forum still works. I live to Ratsun another day. This pleases me.