New Classifieds

I've plus 1'd him mate.

Only problem with the feedback system is its easy for people like me to leave feedback which may be a wind up.

P.s. Jon, love you like a brother and save your pennies for the next time I get back to the USA! We're going on a drinking frenzy!

I mentioned it in Insomniacs when talking about improper negative feedback  Im sure that if theres any question to the validity of feedback the moderators will hear the case. The software allows for moderator corrections. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 years ago there is no way I would have been able to (or probably even consider) taking on a project like I have with my dime. Without this series of tubes I would not have the skills nor would I be able to gather the information, advice, and connections necessary to take this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cameronsmith2012/8505587035/

To this (projected):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cameronsmith2012/8734639766/

I think the information and assistance and comaradery found here is invaluable; so it seems a bit silly that people are talking about "losing good members" or the entire community dying (i don't mean to single out your comments devilsbullet, it's just the most recent and easiest for me to recall) because a rough start to a new format of one section of the forums. I'm not trying to downplay the huge role that the classifieds section plays here, but there's a shit-ton of other great stuff here as well. Enough to keep most people coming back even if they don't use the classifieds any more.

At this point we've spent a weekend with the new system. There have been issues raised and now that Thomas is back (from an unfortunately-timed out-of-town trip) he seems to be doing all that he can do address them. I know it was frustrating to feel like the concerns were being ignored, but it's kinda crazy to start demonizing guys like mike and skib (who in hindsight probably didn't have all the answers and so decided to wait for the guy who did to get back); like they suddenly turned into "fuck you guys, I'm in it for the $$$" a-holes all of a sudden. First off, what money? Second, I'd like to know how many hours Mike has spent answering questions, looking up part numbers, answering the exact same questions, and politely nudging people towards the forum rules. That's not a "fuck you, I'm in it for me" type of guy. Sorry if I sound like a kissass here, but c'mon. Some of you are acting like this has all been an evil plot to line the pockets of a select few who will then rule with an iron fist.

So. Going forward. Let's abandon the strategy that if you yell loud enough they'll just go back to the old system. Let the mods know when something is broken or could be made to work better, but have realistic expectations. If it can't be done or is seen as not being in the best interest of the forum just try to let it go. If you love this place try to help make it better. Let's be "Team Ratsun" instead of "Team Old Classifieds" and "Team New Classifieds."

The End

Abuse of mods powers? MUAHAHAHAHA

Fixed your "evil mod" laugh

I have to question the minimum post count.

My reason is that there are many folks out there that have unique vehicles

and or parts that may not have ever heard of Ratsun before coming here to post a sale thread.

Could be many reasons for it, could be a lurker or even some folks that still don't know how to use a computer, really!

The OP of this For Sale thread had 3 posts  - http://community.ratsun.net/topic/47553-1964-datsun-nl320-truck/?hl=nl320

and

This guy may have been mentally or computer challenged or both who knows - http://community.ratsun.net/topic/53406-1964-datsun-nl320/?hl=nl320

In either case we would not have known about them here under the new post count rule and may miss many opportunities in the future.

I have to question the minimum post count.

My reason is that there are many folks out there that have unique vehicles

and or parts that may not have ever heard of Ratsun before coming here to post a sale thread.

Could be many reasons for it, could be a lurker or even some folks that still don't know how to use a computer, really!

The OP of this For Sale thread had 3 posts  - http://community.ratsun.net/topic/47553-1964-datsun-nl320-truck/?hl=nl320

and

This guy may have been mentally or computer challenged or both who knows - http://community.ratsun.net/topic/53406-1964-datsun-nl320/?hl=nl320

In either case we would not have known about them here under the new post count rule and may miss many opportunities in the future.

My view on that is if they are only showing up to sell items, then who cares? This isnt going to be the only place on the Internet that they are going to sell their stuff so if you really need that Cedric 330 lighter they are trying to just off-load... then you will find it on the multitude of other places theyll have it listed. If they came here for the community they Im  sure they wont mind waiting out the 25 post counts. Hell, you post a decent intro/build thread you can have 25 posts in a day or two easy. 

Jesus...some people are flipping their shit....

its been up for like two whole fucking days and your acting like its the end of the word.

let it run for a while, let the bugs get worked out, take some time to see how it works.

if it isnt working in the long run itl get taken off.

shit... relax.

• Like 7

this same thing happens ever time theres a change...

- change gets made.

- people flip

- people make the "this is why old members left" shit

- threaten to leave

- the change rolls for a bit

- everyone gets used to it

- everyone forgets it was ever differant.

and repeat.

• Like 2

Hey, random question about the feedback boxes. Will they transfer over too the mobile version of the site or will you only be able too see others feedback on the computer?

good question. Im not sure though, I dont have a smart phone lol

No feedback is displayed on the mobile version. Its not even visible when clicking on a users profile. 

And right now it seems like the cries of a few out weigh the want/need of many. 

It probably won't be so bad once the new ads pop up in the new content.  But even at that, there is a lot of information when you can discuss what's listed in the ad.  There is a TON of information in the old classifieds, people asking about certain parts....  What it will fit, etc....

I agree with DTP. That featured function should go away.  We are a community, not ebay.  And that Featured ad is still in the cars for sale section.  (Mod testing, or mod power abuse??)

Current classifieds seem is a close resemblance to craigs list. Only its easier to search on CL.... 

Fwiw.  The statement I made "(Mod testing, or mod power abuse??)" was made more towards the lulz, and for the shits and giggles.  It was worded differently.  I re-wrote it like it is now, so it didn't sound so serious.  It was more or less poking fun, and stirring the pot.  Not the best thing to do, one saying abuse, two stirring the pot when such an issue is causing WW3.

I'm not kissing ass, or  brown nosing. Think I am? Cool, go eat a bowl of dicks.  I'm not here to kiss their ass, but retract what I had said about "Power abuse". 

• Like 1

this same thing happens ever time theres a change...

- change gets made.

- people flip

- people make the "this is why old members left" shit

- threaten to leave

- the change rolls for a bit

- everyone gets used to it

- everyone forgets it was ever differant.

and repeat.

I'm not, by any means, defending anyone who has reacted like a woman about this whole deal, but the switch did seem rather abrupt (hell, maybe I missed something though being as I haven't been around as much the past few weeks).   My only suggestion for changes in the future is to give a heads up that it's coming.  I'm not saying that any of you 'higher-ups' need to ask permission for shit to change, but at least let people know it's coming rather than just dropping it on some who may not totally love abrupt change.   All I can say is that I'm glad I'm not in any mods' shoes lately  :D

• Like 1

i was wondering if i could get no tomatos on my BLT...is that racist?  beings im taking away its character ...or at least refuting its title ingredient

Dude, that's pretty effing racist. I'm calling the internet poh leece.  They will backtrace you and consequences will nevar be the same.