New Classifieds

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I myself like the new layout its different sure its got a few bus but once they're fixed i feel it will be a more easy way to post and view items. Sometimes stuff has to be modernized to be more efficient ad practical. Otherwise datsuns would remain stock. :thumbup:

and Tristin i just dislike how you can get a positive but no negative. for some people the negative reps put us in my place IMHO. some people may not of cared about there Reputation on ratsun. I somewhat do now...well at least more then 2 years ago lol  :blush:

Also, nobody's gonna make fun of Tristin for being the one to suggest more mods? Missed opportunity fellas. It seems like there have been 100 posts about his "lust for mod power" lately (usually in the classified's section, so I guess that meme is finally dead :)) and now he makes his move and... :crickets:

:rofl:

FUCK THAT NOISE. Tristan seems nice enough but is waaay to self=righteous for the powers of the ban-hammer. I say make Jrock a mod, he seem pretty even keeled and mild mannered.

• Like 1

and Tristin i just dislike how you can get a positive but no negative. for some people the negative reps put us in my place IMHO. some people may not of cared about there Reputation on ratsun. I somewhat do now...well at least more then 2 years ago lol  :blush:

All joking aside the neg rep button was useful. 

FUCK THAT NOISE. Tristan seems nice enough but is waaay to self=righteous for the powers of the ban-hammer. I say make Jrock a mod, he seem pretty even keeled and mild mannered.

Im actually a pretty fair guy. Ive been a successful mod/admin for 5 previous sites, but Im not petitioning myself at all... Ive never actually asked to be a mod. Every else always brings it up because I already police the forum. 

I could not care less who becomes a mod as long as they do a god job. My only desire is for Ratsun to be a good site. 

Now I'm far too lazy to look it up but I remember Tristin asking to be a mod at some point

Nope, never asked. I did say that once someone already brought it up that people would like it more than they expect... because then they wouldnt have to hear me say "wrong section" or "repost" and the such as I would just move the threads myself without ever saying anything. People would stop hearing me complain. 

Only time I brought it up. 

But like I said: I dont care who is a moderator. I just want someone who will put in some effort and do a good job (not to say that the current mods arent working hard. I know they are)

So anyway, for all those that dislike the new classifiieds... let's do a big sarcastic "Thanks bro" to all the members that did the things that caused it to change... like price bitching (I had one in particular that just seemed to stalk me whenever I put shit up).  If you are mad because you can't afford it, or sold one cheaper 3 years ago, I'm sorry but life sucks and so do you, especially now.

Should've just gave them instant non-negotiable 7 day vacations and it would have stopped.

Unlike some responders to this thread, put me down under the "non girly whining because my old classifieds got taken away from me" profile please.

What a group of whinging arsed sooks some of you have shown yourselves to be !

My three year old son behaves better than some of you!

you sound like the pot calling the kettle black. Maybe you should listen to your self. 

do you get satisfaction in calling people names ? You do it quite often when members are discussing the problems of the NEW improved Ratsun. 

and one more thing that I noticed, your nose is getting browner. ur a kiss ass, there I said it.  :blush:

• Like 2

So anyway, for all those that dislike the new classifiieds... let's do a big sarcastic "Thanks bro" to all the members that did the things that caused it to change... like price bitching (I had one in particular that just seemed to stalk me whenever I put shit up). If you are mad because you can't afford it, or sold one cheaper 3 years ago, I'm sorry but life sucks and so do you, especially now.

Should've just gave them instant non-negotiable 7 day vacations and it would have stopped.

We definitely shouldn't forget that for every good, insightful back-and-forth about an item that could have helped multiple people and kept them from asking the same question, there were 5-10 BS "GLWS" "Too bad I just bought one" "I wish I had more money" "if this is still available in three weeks I'll buy it" "I might be interested in this, I'll let you know later" "why can't you live closer" type of posts. That shit helped nobody. And then the price-bashing on top of that. I'm as guilty as anyone about trying to make a "funny" or snarky comment and then feeling like I skirted the rules by saying "GLWS" or asking a bullshit question about an item I had absolutely no interest in. So yeah, there are people who definitely helped nudge the forums to this decision, but at this point I don't think bitching is the answer.

But as far as I can see, everything that is going to be missing from the sales thread can be handled over PM. If someone asks a really good question or is being asked the same question by multiple peolple, he can edit his ad to include it and the answer. [Although didn't someone mention a time limit for editing the post? That restriction might need to be reconsidered]

Also, at this point it might be helpful, and calm down a bit of the uproar, if the mods could let us know which questions/concerns are being considered, which ones aren't or won't be, which ones are being worked on or have been fixed. There are some good (IMO anyway) questions that have been asked a few times and never responded to; i.e., user feedback thread, and sellers offering continued services (stickers, t-shirts, fiberglass work, etc.

Also, if question/concerns could be addressed in a way that sounds less like bitching and yelling, they might be able to do this more easily.

There is one HUGE problem with the new classifieds that needs to be fixed immediately though. There isn't nearly enough stuff for sale right now!!!

• Like 1

i want neg reps back too!

They are gone for good. I find a positive rep does more than a negative one. Like good over evil. It rewards and encourages good behavior. As a mod I can see who sends out pos and negs and to whom. Did you know that there were several members that only handed out neg rep? no (or just a couple) positives at all? What kind of person sees the world that way. ... and not only that, but complained when they got a negative from somebody!!!!! Then there were those that take a disliking to someone and neg rep their every post. No, I'm glad they are gone.

ratsun had hundreds of classified posts a day ...... ... less than 9 in the last 24 hours

It's new, many members haven't found it. I looked just now and there has to be 60+ posts.

you sound like the pot calling the kettle black. Maybe you should listen to your self. 

do you get satisfaction in calling people names ? You do it quite often when members are discussing the problems of the NEW improved Ratsun. 

and one more thing that I noticed, your nose is getting browner. ur a kiss ass, there I said it.  :blush:

Insert yawning noise here.

Ive been called worse and expect it will happen again :)

I pony up and got banned for what reason i still dont know.

You got banned for this

John your getting a little more matured,I would give her a golden shower.Or some good old fashion wet works.

The girl you where talking about is the wife of a member who died young and tragically.

Congrats....

• Like 1