New Classifieds

Thanks tristan, hadnt noticed the classified link there.

I am on my phone but cant stand the mobile version, always view full site.

Im not a mobile fan either... some peoples phones cant handle the full site though. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good to me. I remember shit was a little goofy when we switched to the new site, but that all seemed to be resolved pretty qwick. And I'm sure this happening will develop into something great, with lots of titties. Thank you Mods for all your hard work. Now excuse me while I wipe this wierd brown stuff offa my nose :D

• Like 1

There also seems to be a time limit to how long you can edit your post since its initial posting. It would be nice to not have to create a new thread every time you want to change the price or add new photos etc. a few days after youve already added the item. 

Also, is there a way to set notifications for when questions have been asked? Skib asked something and I have no idea other than I randomly decided to look. Would be nice if there was an added notification like when someone makes an actual post. 

Now that Im not looking at this at 1am in the morning...

I absolutely cannot stand the new layout.

Why does it have to be a separate entity from the forums? it might as well be a different website, like classifieds.ratsun.net (instead of community.ratsun.net)

Now I have to click the classifieds button at the top to see the ads. WHY?

This really makes me the opposite of happy. Maybe I missed the warrant for the change, but this is not helpful to me.

I miss some craigslist deals because I dont check the site often enough, now Im going to miss deals here because its not part of the forum.

If you can figure out how to get the ads to show up in "New content" I can probably make do, but as it stands, it may as well be just another website.

And I didnt mean to call the donations "crap", but simply the act of placing new boxes in my face. It shoved the content I found most valuable out of the way.

I get paid tomorrow, and then I too can have one of those green Donator buttons :rolleyes:

I don't know about this new classifieds, it takes away all discussion, which is everything this forum is about.

What I see now is members posting for sale ad links to there specific subsections, such as the 521, and asking if that part will fit there truck, if that is how it is going to go, it would just be easier to post the ad to that subsection in the first place, that way there can be discussions.

Discussions are what this forum is about, so we have a few heated exchanges every once in a while, that's entertainment to me, which is why we are all here.

There is already a craigslist out there.

• Like 7

I don't know about this new classifieds, it takes away all discussion, which is everything this forum is about.

What I see now is members posting for sale ad links to there specific subsections, such as the 521, and asking if that part will fit there truck, if that is how it is going to go, it would just be easier to post the ad to that subsection in the first place, that way there can be discussions.

Discussions are what this forum is about, so we have a few heated exchanges every once in a while, that's entertainment to me, which is why we are all here.

There is already a craigslist out there.

I agree, it makes the classified section more efficient, but less personal.

Okay, so I'm looking for a driver side door card. I have a thread going in the WTB section on the main forum.... But now I have to make sure I check this extra section to make sure I don't miss an item that has been posted. Seems to be a real pain. Plus there's everything in there right now. Sure it's broken down into sub category's but then that's gonna get old soon once there's a few hundred ads. Will there be a wanted section in this new area? Or is the wanted to buy section gonna be kept over in the Forum area? Not hate'n on the new section, just may need some more adjustments to be viable. Thank you for organizing this at least. If the bugs can be worked out it could be very useful indeed.

I like the price right up front so people do not have to open and look for it.

No more... "Blah blah blah for sale, pics up later today." Well why the hell even post if you're not supplying pictures until later? Do it all at once.

No more:

"Man why U so far away? GLWS"

"I would buy this if I had the money, GLWS"

"Nice! GLWS"

"Had one just like it, GLWS"

No more....

Seller: L20B valve cover for sale

Reply: Got a picture of it? (because I've never seen one before in my whole little life)

No more....

Noobs with first post trying to get rid of their 'shit'

• Like 1
Guest 510kamikazifreak

If there can be a manditory field(s) in the new version(ie price,pics etc)

Why can there not be mandatory field(s) in he old version?

Its craigslist style to me,minus the flakes(one hopes)

• Like 1

No more....

Noobs with first post trying to get rid of their 'shit'

Does that mean there is a post count requirement to use the classified system?

Everything can be worked around if new posts display in 'New Content.' 

If there can be a manditory field(s) in the new version(ie price,pics etc)

Why can there not be mandatory field(s) in he old version?

Its craigslist style to me,minus the flakes(one hopes)

The "old system" isnt an actual system... it was just regular posting. Therefore you cant add any require fields. The "new system" is an actual programed plugin that allows you to manipulate the code to add in fields. 

Guest 510kamikazifreak

The "old system" isnt an actual system... it was just regular posting. Therefore you cant add any require fields. The "new system" is an actual programed plugin that allows you to manipulate the code to add in fields. 

If the plugin works in the new classifieds,how would it not work if manipulated in the old , Something about Ratsun that isnt just cut and dry as this seems(imo)

Questions are asked and need answers,I see there are public questions in new classifieds,where are the answers?

If the plugin works in the new classifieds,how would it not work if manipulated in the old , Something about Ratsun that isnt just cut and dry as this seems(imo)

Questions are asked and need answers,I see there are public questions in new classifieds,where are the answers?

The new plugin doesnt work IN the new classifieds... it IS the new classifieds. The old system isnt a system at all; its just like the general section. Regular old posting. Theres zero things to manipulate. 

Well the new classifieds suck.

I JUST WANT TO SEE ADS IN THE NEW CONTENT PAGE!!!

I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO CHECK ANOTHER PAGE TO SEE THE ADS

Yes I used all caps, yes I am shouting, yes I am frustrated.

And what happens when people just make threads in specific sections of the forum? Will they get locked? Because I would sooner just make a thread in the 510 section, than use the new layout.

And what happens when people just make threads in specific sections of the forum? Will they get locked? Because I would sooner just make a thread in the 510 section, than use the new layout.

Thats a bitch move...

If I donate sperm,,,, can I get a sperm donor tag?

Actuly for real, could I donate and not get the donater tag... its looks and feals like a little class system I dont care for much. Like something about the clasifieds, hate others blah blah blah. . . Eventuly datsun.

If I donate sperm,,,, can I get a sperm donor tag?

Actuly for real, could I donate and not get the donater tag... its looks and feals like a little class system I dont care for much. Like something about the clasifieds, hate others blah blah blah. . . Eventuly datsun.

Yes if you sign out i think it will count your 100. dollar donation as anonymous.

And your right about the green donator tags i would rather we all be equal cheap asses.