New Classifieds

Theres a questions section on all FS ads. Just ask your question there any everyone can see the answer... now the notification system for questions just needs to be fixed. 

fair enough, I hadn't seen any questions when I was looking so I figured it was sent in a PM to people. guess if I woulda thought a little harder with the people complaining about the notification system I woulda figured it out before putting my foot in my mouth on that one lol.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but seriously, i really appreciate the hard work going into the new classifieds and the new system with people who come on here with a low post count, cannot post things up. if you have a low post count(under 50 posts) why should we trust you to pay pal something? its hard enough to send people, we dont personally know, money and expect them to send us parts in return. nothing against anyone who sells stuff on here, but this kind of adds a little security. granted it IS a big change, but in hinds sight, its for the better. 

PS, i still like turtles. 

fair enough, I hadn't seen any questions when I was looking so I figured it was sent in a PM to people. guess if I woulda thought a little harder with the people complaining about the notification system I woulda figured it out before putting my foot in my mouth on that one lol.

Im not trying to say the entire system is perfect, but in that one instance there is a solution for your problem. 

Yesterday a comment came up about the featured post so I went there and clicked on the first post and hit the feature button and what do you know it was featured. It was simply an experiment and I didn't even notice it was skib's. Abuse of mods powers? Ha ha ha ha well certainly not intentional.

well, since tings are being changed already, why not change the golden rules some...4 and 7 are pretty much blatently disregarded, and number 2 seems to be a hit or miss as to whether anything is done. pages 8,9, and 11 of this thread are all examples. in fact, 4 and 7 have become ways of "making up" for doing something bad/stupid. I have no issues with either of those 2, and its obviously not taken seriously, so why not just get rid of them? 2 I would like, if it was consistently policed. it is, unfortunately, not, so i'd say either take it out or enforce it across the board. oh, and while i'm at it, the new classifieds are pretty fubar'd. now instead of a question asked once, maybe twice on a thread, people are going to get 1-who the fuck knows how many pms with the same question, no more easy finding out if something can swap on to what you have, and its harder to find. easier on the mods? yes. easier on the general user? fuuuuuuuck no.

Rules are as few as possible and laxly enforced on Ratsun. Would you want it any other way??? But every now and then some a-hole goes above and beyond and a rule can be cited as reason for a mod 'correction'. We don't like to give every speeder a ticket but 120 in a school zone is good for one.

as for me I will let my for sale threads DIE 

I do better on sales looking at what people need then my for sale posts 

thanks to all the mods for everything you do ESPECIALLY  THOMAS 

and if anyone ever thought a mod overstepped there bounds FUCKEM  all you mods rock and make this site better every day 

oh and for those that may not know 

when you assume 

you make an  ASS out of U and ME 

• Like 1

as for me I will let my for sale threads DIE 

I do better on sales looking at what people need then my for sale posts 

thanks to all the mods for everything you do ESPECIALLY  THOMAS 

and if anyone ever thought a mod overstepped there bounds FUCKEM  all you mods rock and make this site better every day

Careful mate, you might be called a "brown nose"

Having been subject to this hurtful, and debilitating comment myself, I'm here for you man!

the problem is mike that in some cases 30 in a school zone is being punished, and after the cop writes them a ticket and goes on his merry way down the street to park and wait, someone goes by both the cop and the ticketed at 50 and nothing is done.

the problem is mike that in some cases 30 in a school zone is being punished, and after the cop writes them a ticket and goes on his merry way down the street to park and wait, someone goes by both the cop and the ticketed at 50 and nothing is done.

lol be more sneaky? Keep the fuckery in insomniacs?

Careful mate, you might be called a "brown nose"

Having been subject to this hurtful, and debilitating comment myself, I'm here for you

I just dont get it sometimes 

this site is FREE of charge 

there is abundant information here for FREE

you have the opportunity to make money and it cost you NOTHING

you get knowledge that is FREE

you get to know people you otherwise might never know for FREE

The mods dont get paid to work here they do it for for us for FREE

so if they feel the need to change something for better or worse in our opinions we need to accept it 

it seems to me the bugs are being worked out and everyone will still either love it or hate it 

and its still FREE 

although you can make donations if you like or are able to 

but if you cant you can still use this site FREE 

• Like 4

^^ I'm out of likes dude, but +1

I'd hate to see rule 4 and 7 get enforced. 

^^ I'm out of likes dude, but +1

I'd hate to see rule 4 and 7 get enforced. 

i +1 him for you izzo loll

I'm also curious about this positive feedback column by my name now, does it have to do with the new classifieds? and how does it change?

Edited by jalen

I have been out of town the past few days, so I will try to answer some of these queries now. There is only so much you can do on a phone. 

Ok, already have a question regarding the feedback system. Im sure youre just as new at it as us, so you may not know.... I just went through a deal with JRock so I wanted to leeve him feedback as well as try out the new system. I filled out the form and it seems to require a link to where the deal went down. It was an in-person deal and no ad was used. It did not allow that. So I put 'In person' in the box and it didnt like it. I then put a bogus website and it didnt like it. Then I put the URL for a currently open classified ad I have up. It didnt like it. 

Do you know if you have to link to a closed ad? Thats going to be a pain when youre selling multiple items from the same thread and you dont want to close it for feedback. 

Is there an option to make the not even an option so that we can leave feedback for in-person deals? It would be nice to leave feedback for Canby, Bluelake, meets, personal businesses, etc. Thoughts?

• Like 1

Ok, already have a question regarding the feedback system. Im sure youre just as new at it as us, so you may not know.... I just went through a deal with JRock so I wanted to leeve him feedback as well as try out the new system. I filled out the form and it seems to require a link to where the deal went down. It was an in-person deal and no ad was used. It did not allow that. So I put 'In person' in the box and it didnt like it. I then put a bogus website and it didnt like it. Then I put the URL for a currently open classified ad I have up. It didnt like it. 

Do you know if you have to link to a closed ad? Thats going to be a pain when youre selling multiple items from the same thread and you dont want to close it for feedback. 

Is there an option to make the not even an option so that we can leave feedback for in-person deals? It would be nice to leave feedback for Canby, Bluelake, meets, personal businesses, etc. Thoughts?

There was an option to require a link. I just turned it off, so give it a try now. It is kind of a pain to copy/paste a link in anyway—it seems like it should prefill that box if you are replying from a classified.

There was an option to require a link. I just turned it off, so give it a try now. It is kind of a pain to copy/paste a link in anyway—it seems like it should prefill that box if you are replying from a classified.

Worked perfect. Thanks Thomas. 

I've plus 1'd him mate.

Only problem with the feedback system is its easy for people like me to leave feedback which may be a wind up.

P.s. Jon, love you like a brother and save your pennies for the next time I get back to the USA! We're going on a drinking frenzy!