New Classifieds

Forum looks great Thomas! 

Any chance we could look into the ability to add a Tech Wiki in the future, like what Datsun1200 has? It would be awesome to be able to build an information database and allow certain members (over 100 posts, high enough positive feedback, etc) to be able to modify the wiki and add info. 

I know a lot of people would dig this idea and contribute. We could build a HUGE information database this was.

Also, It would be awesome to have a section for posting product/member reviews. I know it would help greatly control the number of threads asking about who makes a good 'whatever' or the constant threads about how retarded someones dealings are with another member/vendor. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the setup and love that it requires pictures to be posted.

This is great if you're selling something but if you're posting a wanted ad (as I just tried to) it's not really practical. Might be worth tweaking the logic a little to eliminate the requirement with a wanted ad.

So if selling multiple items in ad i would be able to update whats sold like before ?

I  will miss the disscusions about ,,,  " will it fit "  cuz i'm not always informed enough in buying ,,,or selling sometimes... :hmm:

Although i think the only want ad i have posted was to give away 620 stuff.

:lol:

What are you thinking exactly in terms of a feedback system?

There is certain plug-ins that allow you to leave feedback for members which can show up in profiles... similar to eBay and the such. That way you can instantly know how reputable a member is when dealing with them instead of searching through the thousands of posts in our feedback thread.

My only question is will we still get updates on the new classifieds like we did the old FS add's?

If youre talking about following a ost to get notifications on when replies have been posted, then yes... Im following my current ad right now.

I like the new classies so far. Except for I am wondering should I list all items individually.. or make a bulk ad like before? I listed a few individual items.. then stopped cause it was taking too long.

Oh, and the other thing is that when the ads are sold or past the 15 days.. will there be a way to historically look up what these were listed or sold for so you can find reference prices?

I'll have to look into (1) and (2). It's supposed to show in new content and work on mobile as well, so I'm not sure why those are currently broken. Once everything is sorted out, it should be a improvement overall, I think.

Just took a look at it, and since 'Classifieds' is a completely different section than 'Forums' (Forums, Members, Events, Classifieds), when you click on 'New Content', it only displays one section. I cant look at new content for 'Forums' and 'Classifieds' at the same time. Previous, the classified section was a sub-forum of Forums so all the topics were visible when clicking 'New Content'. Now that its its own section now, the content is separate from the forum info. 

Also, clicking 'New Content' within the 'Classifieds' only shows one post although there are at least five new posts. No changes in ads displayed when you alter the 'By Time Period' selection. 

Figured that should help narrow down your troubleshooting. Good luck and thanks again for all the updates :)

I.dont see where the new classy section is... I can get there by going to a new one and then finding the section I would like to browse from there.

Is buyer seller feed back moving to general discussion?

I.dont see where the new classy section is... I can get there by going to a new one and then finding the section I would like to browse from there.

Is buyer seller feed back moving to general discussion?

Click on the Classified link under the Ratsun banner. Left-hand side.