New Classifieds

Maybe time for at least one last legitimate question before the lock... why are the classified gallery thumbnails working for some but not others ?  Does the lead in pic have to be under a certain size or something like that ?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The bug where new classifieds did not appear in "view new content" is now fixed, as is the issue where some member's avatars were not posted.

I also changed the notifications defaults so that members are notified of classified questions, however, some people will have to tweak this on their User Control Panel. To do so, go to your username in the top right corner, and select "My Settings." From here there will be a list of options on the left-hand side, select "Notification Options."

Maybe time for at least one last legitimate question before the lock... why are the classified gallery thumbnails working for some but not others ?  Does the lead in pic have to be under a certain size or something like that ?

I believe this is because people are not uploading images, but rather posting them in the body of the ad. Originally, there was an image requirement for new ads but while this works great for "for sale" ads, it's not so great for "wanted" ads. 

I believe this is because people are not uploading images, but rather posting them in the body of the ad. Originally, there was an image requirement for new ads but while this works great for "for sale" ads, it's not so great for "wanted" ads.

Fuck... So new ads FS ads can be posted without pictures again? Lame.

I just posted an add in the new section and wasn't able to upload any pictures. I selected the files in the correct section but nothing happened, even when I submitted the ad, and when I clicked "try basic uploader" it just jumped to the top of the page. Anybody else having this problem?

Firefox (I'll check the build after I get off the shitter), but I just updated... Sorry, should have included that.

Is it supposed to start uploading as soon as the file is selected or when the ad is submitted?

Edit: I was able to get one uploaded from my iPad. And now that I know it's a problem on my end I'll get it figured out thanks Arch!

I just posted an add in the new section and wasn't able to upload any pictures. I selected the files in the correct section but nothing happened, even when I submitted the ad, and when I clicked "try basic uploader" it just jumped to the top of the page. Anybody else having this problem?

I had the same problem, I just restarted my browser and it worked fine.

Firefox (I'll check the build after I get off the shitter), but I just updated... Sorry, should have included that.

Is it supposed to start uploading as soon as the file is selected or when the ad is submitted?

Posting from the boom boom room.

• Like 2