pic of your truck

Icehouse

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm putting up some pic's of this sweet looking 78 long box that cruised with us at the Asotin parade today. I know, no long boxes were manufactured after 76 but I did check to see if the data plate and frame had the same ID #. They were matching numbers. There was also 2 other long boxes in the parade made after 76 but I have not had a chance to confirm if they had matching numbers. It took Nate the owner only 10 months from start to finish this sweet 620 ride. any how, in joy the pic's.

IMG_2071.jpg

IMG_2073.jpg

IMG_2079.jpg

IMG_2084.jpg

Nate removed the motor and trans and also the brake lines, the detailing is superb, not bad for a young man still in high school. I told him about Ratsun and Canby, hope he join us here and cruises to Canby this year. Time will tell.

I'll look for that info and post it when I find it, I might have misunderstood what it was trying to say. I got to quit reading so damn fast but there tons of good info here and only so many hours in a day .... :rollseyes:

if Im wrong, which I have been before, I'm not perfect, who is. if so, I'm going to go stay at a Holiday INN for a couple of days. maybe that will help.... :lol:

EDIT :: Ok, I couldn't find the post I read but did read where Datsun made the long bed from 75 to 79 620, don't know for sure if 72.5 to 74 could be had, never found any info on them years.

Sorry for the mistake, like I said, I tend to read a little fast some times and miss some the facts. my bad ;)

Edited by 420n620
75 to 79 620 long bed

Hey Datdoug, any work needed for these to fit on the front? I know with some aluminum wheels there's machine work/grinding involved. How about on the steelies? These look awesome and can be had cheap, so I'd REALLY like to know... :D

Rallys007.jpg

And here's the stray dog that followed me home today... ;)

amercian_car_show_050.JPG

amercian_car_show_049.JPG

amercian_car_show_046.JPG

Lots of work ahead for me, but it's a nice solid base to start from. It's a '74, with an L18/5spd. I'll start a proper build thread once I get some actual work done on it. :D

Look what I scored today!

'78 620 KC - L20 - 5 speed!

$1500

New620KC5-2-09004.jpg[/img]

Collector Plates, and a side pipe?

Looks like a very clean truck, does the A/C still work? Are you leaving it in the truck? Engine bay pics?

Looks better with out the topper & rear bumper

New620KC5-3-09004.jpg[/img]

Those super long shackles might explain the AWESOME height on you KC Bob! :)

I look forward to seein it in person man...looks realy clean.:cool:

amercian_car_show_050.JPG

PLEASE don't paint it!!! It looks so awesome! Slam it and call it good :D

paint%20sucks%21%21%21%21.jpg

Paint sucks!!!! I need photo shop :(

PLEASE don't paint it!!! It looks so awesome! Slam it and call it good :D

No worries there sir. :P

It will get no paint on the outside. I'm going to repaint the engine bay and engine (should be very clean under the hood when finished), put some nice wheels on it, and dump the hell out of it. That's really about it in the plans for now. I kinda like the idea of a really beat paint job with clean wheels and engine bay, and I've been wanting to do it for awhile.

Paint sucks!!!! I need photo shop :(

I'll try to do a good p-chop of it this weekend. See how she looks then... :cool:

For now, quick and dirty... Removed back bumper, mudflaps, side mirrors, made a bed cover, and dropped it a foot or so...

2zz4vb7.jpg

Edited by datsunfreak

Greeting to all,

This is my new "daily driver", a 1968 Datsun 1300.One owner deceased estate, showing 79,000 miles. All present and original except for the missing bench seat. Nil rust, drives well. Never been out of registration, since 1968. I drove it from Orange to Sydney, (260 klms) across Blue Mountains without any problems.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by selaga
  • 2 weeks later...