pic of your truck

Icehouse

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here are a few photos of my cool truck. It's an '87 Nissan "1 Tonner Hardbody", short wheelbase model, with an L18 engine; they were built here in South Africa up to around 1989 - when Datsun became Nissan. They came out with carburettor and points distributor, owner's manual gives compression as 9,3:1. It's a brilliant vehicle - has done nearly 250 000 miles - without taking the head off. Very reliable and simple - and no fuel injection which I can't fix. I've been on long camping trips in her - to Zimbabwe a few times, Namibia and Botswana; that's the canopy (shell to the Americans?) hanging above the truck.

26082008040.jpg

26082008039.jpg

mvubu.jpg

Well this will be the 3rd datsun I have owned.

first was a 1981 Datsun 510 wagon, with the z24 engine. Car ran great, let it go for nothing

Second one was a 77 king cab, automatic, Blue. Perfect condition, 110k miles, sat for 4 years. Everything original, no rust except one spot on the bed. Needed a carb. I got it for free from someone down the street, saw it sitting in their yard. Didn't have time for it and needed cash so i let it go for 150 bux. (Big mistake)

The pictures are what im hoping to get this weekend, i have already checked it out and it seems ok.

The engine/trans are in emaculate condition. cracked windshield, loose steering, floor board has been replaced. brakes need work on the back side. Needs new carpet, seats, dash needs taken out and painted or something. its a project for sure but i cant wait!

1980 Datsun 720, 2 door, standard cab, standard bed. L20b engine, 5 speed trans. Transmission is kind of wierd, reverse is where 1st should be.

The bed has a rust spot twards the front of it. I plan on cutting that out, having someone weld in a peice of sheet metal (let me know if someone can here can weld and is local lol) It would be nice if i could find a bed but i doubt that will happen.

My plans are to put a weber carb on it, headers, straight pipe into an exhaust. Not sure what kind yet??

id like it to be an inch or two lower. I will leave the back end higher than the front.

New interior, theres no carpet now, i have some ideas on what i want to do but nothing is planned as of yet

the tail lights are below the tail gate. I would like to take them out, and put a roll pan there with a box for the license plate and different tail lights

Possibilities are endless. I just dont know yet. First things on the agenda, fixing the loose steering box (if someone has one for sale pls let me know)

Fixing the back brakes

Door hinges needs new pins, sags bad.

Need to make sure all lights work and its legal

New tabs they are expired

Thats all for now. Thanks for reading all my bs LOL

Heres some links, and i am from Graham Wa, so i noticed there are locals to me around here. This will be my first project that i carry out till the end, and im not much of a mechanic but i do understand basic concept.

1980720.jpg

19807202.jpg

19807203.jpg

Hi everyone

New to your forum, I have been a datsun/nissan owner since 1976

My latest project ia a lowered 72 620, shaved door handles w/solenoids, rolled bed side rails, frenched tailgate with 95 cad tail lights in rear, inside roll bar, SSS transmission, 11.7to1 pistons in open chamber SSS head,45mm side draft set up for alcohol by Jerolomie racing, Cirsco 3puck clutch with centerline wheels 6in front 9in rear, in primer now because we keep doing more things to it, but it will be white with red and yellow accents.

Cant wait to show it, have not been to a mini truck show in years, I used to be in a club called River City Mini's out of Sacramento, but now days everyone is into the newer models.

Oh the Datquik is my license plate that has stayed with me on all of my Datsuns/Nissans,

please let me know of any upcoming shows, thanks. Greg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just bought a 1979 Datsun with a sunline camper on the back. I bought it because I'm moving from florida to california and I figured it would be a supreme machine. I really don't know that much about it, it seems to run well but I would like to make sure it will make the trip. If anyone could give me some suggestions as to what should be checked under the hood and elsewhere I would appreciate it. Feel free to email me @ davidgregorygodwin@gmail.com. Thanks.

SSPX0142.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I just bought a 1979 Datsun with a sunline camper on the back. I bought it because I'm moving from florida to california and I figured it would be a supreme machine. I really don't know that much about it, it seems to run well but I would like to make sure it will make the trip. If anyone could give me some suggestions as to what should be checked under the hood and elsewhere I would appreciate it. Feel free to email me @ davidgregorygodwin@gmail.com. Thanks.

SSPX0142.jpg

Gonna need more pic's of this one. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my 73 620. Dropped an L20b and 5 speed tranny in it. Weber 38 sync carb. De-Hooked bed and lined it with Raptor by UPOL. Also did the floorboards with this. Still needs exhaust, stereo and bucket seats. I am running the stock wheels with dog-dishes for now. Will soon be mounting my Charcoal Frontiers:D

Cratsun011.jpg[/img]

Cratsun012.jpg[/img]

Cratsun020.jpg[/img]

Cratsun021.jpg[/img]

DatDoug -

I love the looks of your '73 620 WOW! :drool:

Will you do me a favor and measure from the ground to the top of the fender well arch both front and rear. Also what size tires are those? That is the look I want!:eek: Beautiful Datto :D