Icehouse

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all new guy rejoining the world of Datsuns. My first vehicle was an 80 Pick Up that was a pretty good until I blow the tranny out. My Dad had 5 old datsun PU's when I was growing up but he managed to drop a tree on every last one of them.(even mine). But he pass on last year so I felt safe to buy another one LOL. I got me a 73. Paid $450 for it and my buddies got me the lowering stuff for my Bday. Next project is a ka24 and buckets. I will post a pic as soon as I figure out how to.

I bought my 78 620 KC a little over 2 years ago for $700.00 from a impound lot. When I got it, it had 38,178 original miles, now has over 44,000 miles on it. Since I've owned it I've repainted all 5 vented wheels, rear bumper silver and bought new tires, removed engine/trans for a new clutch and cleaned and repainted the motor while it was out.

It will be getting a new NOS dash that I found/bought and a factory tach.

The grill is going to be repainted soon as it warms up.

Everything works except the windshield squirter. time for a couple of pic's. enjoy. :D

IMG_1942.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg

and yep those are some of my other toys you see in the back ground.

IMG_1943.jpg

and yep those are some of my other toys you see in the back ground.

I know it sez on your profile you have a couple of gtos, but that white car's back bumper seemed strangely familiar...

l_044b39ecb8094f44930ceb7e4e17ceb6.jpg

That white car doesn't happen to be one of those, does it?

KFD

KFD ::

No, its a 72 Lemans GT-37 which come from the factory, came with a 350 engine, 350 trans, 2 BBl, GTO hood and front fender side vents.

The dude I bought it from installed a 68 GTO motor, muncie 4 speed trans, rally gauges with tach, gto rear spoiler and rear valance that has the cut outs for the duel exhaust.

When he painted the car,he went ahead and painted the rear bumper the same color as the car which I like and everone I ask likes the looks also, there suppose to be chromed.

The Buicks have a slight differant design then the GTO/Lemans.

I've always like the Buicks from 64 to 72 but have never had the chance to buy one. Is that yours in the pic's. Looks like it got some potential.

Edited by 420n620

Hey 420n620: I couldn't tell if that was a Poncho back bumper or not. The wing didn't look right for a Grand Sport's. Yes, the car is mine, it is sitting at my parent's place in Florida. It was my high school hot rod. This is why I am really on the fence about getting a Z, because if I go to Florida for dive school, I really need a Buick Parts/Aprilia Hauler... I am going to tear it apart and give it the love it deserves! I wrecked it when I was 17 (hit a curb), and ended up replacing the frame, and putting a '69 Chevelle frame under it. I learned a lot about basic mechanics thanks to that old Skylark...

Have you even seen a VOE GTO? Super Rare factory electronic cut-out mufflers! I think they were only on the '69s...

KFD

Edited by KFD
I am ironman

This is my 76 KingCab I bot in07 put a new motor, 5speed, elc. ignition all new brakes rims and tires (chrome pathys) and painted the rising sun on the hood new exhaust, center support bearing, stereo.....yada-yada-yada then sold it 4 some unknown reason:eek: Anyways saw it on the list in summer of 08 and bot it back and had it buffed out (DatsunFish) and took it to Canby. Then I got the 73 and kinda neglected the KC. Well the 73 is back under the knife so I have been paying more attention to the "RedRat":D Threw a couple of dif. rims and tiires on it and now its my DD. It is so F'in cool driving this truck:D Heres some pics of the evolution:cool:

Just Bot the "RedRat"

kingred001.jpg[/img]

Here it is with some massive tires and slotted mags that I spent hours polishing! They did not stay on very long

kingred004.jpg[/img]

Chrome Pathys and the "ToolBox":eek:

shinyrims001.jpg[/img]

All polished for the Canby trip 08

Canby001.jpg[/img]

Put the stockers back on:cool:

KCLowWork001.jpg[/img]

As she sits today with the Chev Rallys:cool:

Rallys005.jpg[/img]

Ready 4 another Buff job

Rallys007.jpg[/img]

I guess I will intro here. I'm Yo. I have two 4x4's, both have problems. I am on ODPL also if you want to check out my thread there. IDK if I am allowed to link there so...ya.

This is Zombro. 1984 720 King 4x4

datty72005.jpg

IDK exactly what this is. 1984 720 "pathfinder"

0421090833.jpg

Edited by Zombro

OK , so I got my '66 home from storage just a few minutes ago and got some pics!

I see you!

dats001.jpg

Drivers door needs attention.

dats002.jpg

Passenger side of bed forward of wheel well needs the PO's bad bondo job repaired properly.

dats003.jpg

"I am funkier than you" have no idea where thats from , was there when I got it.

dats004.jpg

Interior pics YAY , err , make that EWW , its filthy.

dats005.jpg

dats006.jpg

dats007.jpg

dats008.jpg

The heart of the beast!

dats009.jpg

Yes , there's that much rust on the underside of the hood!

dats010.jpg

The only cancerous spot I've found on it , so far.:D

dats011.jpg

Nice mirror , huh?

dats012.jpg

The passenger sides wheel well damage.

dats013.jpg

Edited by 7925
more pics