pic of your truck

Icehouse

IMG_0277.jpg

They came with the truck i dont know they what came off of but they're 6 lug

Thanks man...great looking project. Thanks for the info as well on the rims yellow620...I recognized them as soon as I saw the side shot. From the 3/4 front shot, they looked like older S-10 rims.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have seen it in here in the old skool photos.....but I have done some work on it since....My name is Greg, and I'm from Manitoba Canada

DSCF1501.jpg

sweet ride, you should start a thread for this one. i'd like to hear the story behind it. trucks with stripes like that usualy come with a story!

I don't know much about the bodywork of the truck....other than it was built by a shop teacher around the mid 80's

I bought it in January 2008(3rd owner since "reincarnation" in '85 or '86)....drove it home in -36C with no heat...got frostbite....and a week later, all the wiring from the fuse block forward burnt...so I had to rewire the entire truck with a Summit complete wiring harness... and custom made my own dash and installed a complete set of Autometer Cobalt gauges.

I changed the Carb and intake as they were a Holley 750, and Offenhauser rather large single plan intake....I kept fouling the plugs...now has an Edelbrock Performer intake and 650 carb for a little more streetability. Also an Accel distributor and MSD wires.

after a few rather lengthy burn outs....I busted the rearend turning a corner at about 1/4 throttle....found a quick replacement, but now has 4.88:1 gears instead of the original 4.38....so no highway driving at all(4300 rpm at 60 mph)... I plan to rebuild the engine probably this winter for more power(only has 340-350hp approx now)

Edited by King620

yeah...only 350...:lol:....with the 4.38 gears...it used to do 1/8 mile at just over 92 mph with 2 guys at 200+lbs each.....now with the 4.88's....I run out of gear about 250-300 feet short of the 1/8 mile...@ 88 mph...@ just over 6000 rpm's

I remember seeing that on ebay like a year ago. Were you selling it, did you buy it or what? I still have the pic saved somewhere.

Ah I just read, jan of 08 lol. Sweet.

I wanted it bad when I saw it and was SERIOUSLY considering, but it being auto, not for me. It's a great truck though, like I said I saved the pics lol.

Edited by 72240z
I remember seeing that on ebay like a year ago. Were you selling it, did you buy it or what? I still have the pic saved somewhere.

Ah I just read, jan of 08 lol. Sweet.

I wanted it bad when I saw it and was SERIOUSLY considering, but it being auto, not for me. It's a great truck though, like I said I saved the pics lol.

yeah I bought it off of E-bay January of 2008. Has a turbo 350 with a TransGo shift kit....man it shifts hard....

• 2 weeks later...

3623951320_279fcffbe5_b.jpg

3623945106_4a620e1ca0_b.jpg

120 volts - and instead of the 25 to 33 mpg the other four Datsun PU's I have get - this one goes about 40 miles on 35 cents' worth of electricity. 20 6v batteries--six under the hood & 14 under the bed.

Edited by mellotrongirl
  • Like 1