pic of your truck

Icehouse

So I ended up with this truck about a year ago in a random trade. I loved driving the truck but then the tranny locked up in 4th gear. I was aggravated and didnt have time to deal with it so I traded it off to a guy I knew. Long story short, he never picked it up and after a couple months of staring at it sitting outside my shop I offered him some cash and bought it back cheaper than what I got rid of it for. I am in the process of putting it back on the road and have a few other plans to change it up some....I will prob be posting pics once I start working on it in the next couple of weeks.

Most of the guys on here have seen the truck over the years as it has changed hands several times.......

l_02498046e5a52553315e0c17fe5314fb.jpg

l94B4U56-W4I1Im9H5nz4V-ZuBBvnG13030.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I built the hardbody and drove and showed it for a while. When I decided to get rid of it Pugz and I struck a deal where he traded me the Datsun and some cash for the hardbody.

I build or rebuild trucks all the time and get bored and sell or trade them off b/c I have the attention span of a freaking gnat. The only one I have ever really regretted getting rid of was the Datsun and that is why I decided to recently get it back........

This was originally a 1973 Datsun Pickup which was converted to 4WD and lifted using Jeep axles. After I rolled the truck, I put a 1978 body on and added the Datsun 1800 motor. Wanting more power, I squeezed in a Chevy V6 and autmatic transmission from a Camero. I also added power steering using a Toyota steering box. The smog laws in California kept me from registering it, so I keep in Mexico at my folks beach house. This truck is a blast on the trails!

So I ended up with this truck about a year ago in a random trade. I loved driving the truck but then the tranny locked up in 4th gear. I was aggravated and didnt have time to deal with it so I traded it off to a guy I knew. Long story short, he never picked it up and after a couple months of staring at it sitting outside my shop I offered him some cash and bought it back cheaper than what I got rid of it for. I am in the process of putting it back on the road and have a few other plans to change it up some....I will prob be posting pics once I start working on it in the next couple of weeks.

Most of the guys on here have seen the truck over the years as it has changed hands several times.......

l_02498046e5a52553315e0c17fe5314fb.jpg

l94B4U56-W4I1Im9H5nz4V-ZuBBvnG13030.jpg

so I'm new but I think I've seen this truck before, but with out the scallops on it. I knew a guy name Herb here in TN. did you possible pic it up from him. I bought my truck from him it was his parts truck. The one he had was for sale and it had Esclade wheels on it and bagged. It was sweet!

this is the dash i reupholstered. I tore off all the old foam and vinyl and drilled out those metal brackets and wraped it in some 1/2 inch thick foam and covered with vinyl. i kept the ash tray out though

dash.jpg

interior.jpg

my windshield is cracked pretty bad from the tornado we had here in windsor co. I have been searching the web for a cheap one. At first i only found some as low as $635.00 but i found a new website and found one as low as $180.00. Very Noice!Check it out if you're hunting for one too at http://account.autoglasshosting.com/nswizard/?acct=windshi

datsun5215.jpg

I still need a front bumper and i found some fiberglass fenders and a hood from a website called up22.com. You guys should check it out.

datsun5214.jpg

datsun5213.jpg

Yeah I looked for a front windshield for about 6 months and ended up getting one from England for a cool 650.00 plus a 45.00 gasket kit. That was plasent! I saw the fenders and hood but I am cautious. They didn't have any photos of it but I really wanted to get those but found more important things to spen te 550.00 on like a frekin windshield! I've done so much to my 520, I think we are blood brothers!

so I'm new but I think I've seen this truck before, but with out the scallops on it. I knew a guy name Herb here in TN. did you possible pic it up from him. I bought my truck from him it was his parts truck. The one he had was for sale and it had Esclade wheels on it and bagged. It was sweet!

I know the truck originally came out of Oklahoma a few owners back which is where all the work was supposed to have been done to it. I am not sure if it ended up in Tennessee after that but I got it out of Spring,Texas from Pugz who had the scallops and pinstriping done. I know the guy he got it from goes by the screen name PleasureBurban on StreetSourceMag.com but I dont know his real name or where he was from. When I got it I had to track down the original owner to get the paperwork made legal since it was still in his name and plated in Oklahoma....it was a total pain in the ass but is legally in my name now...Again!

• 4 weeks later...

Kewl Andy! Hey with the primer on the cab next to the rear window and the electrical tape, you make me wonder if you had the handles that attached on the upper corner of the cab?

If so, and you still have them, would you want to sell them? I have the bed step bars but not the handles and would like a set.

This is my datsun. It a 1971 521 with the stock 1600. Bought it from police impound. Drove the shit out of it to work and back for about three months before I got worried about the front suspention. I removed one ball joint on the drivers side and the other fell out. Was going to scrap it when I met Seth Boman from twisted minis. Well 7 months and a lot of work later this is what we came up with. By the way, her name is Ethel. When I dropped her off

P1010067copy.jpg

When she came out of the shop

12223035360.jpg

12223035371.jpg

12223036190.jpg

Me sitting in her for the first time

12223036782.jpg

And what she looks like now

11-07-2008054347PM.jpg

11-07-2008054608PM.jpg

A walk around with me and seth.

Heres a good video too. My sis took it on her phone so excuse the quality.

Edited by 521 Dropsun
  • Like 1