pic of your truck

Icehouse

620.jpg

This is my daily. I picked it up for $400 with 120k. The paint was shot so i decided to rattle can it. Came out pretty good. I obtained the diamond racing wheels for free and them painted them. 3" block in the rear with 2 leafs and the overload spring taken out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So here goes my first attempt with pics on this site... and the story, well a little bit of the story.

When I was young my Grandfather had an old brown Datsun that he used to drive. The poor thing had HUGE gross mag rims:cool: and really wide Bias ply tires (they made the gnarly ladder rack look cool though!).

When I got this truck given to me by the original owner's daughter, I thought of Grandpa instantly. The truck had been in California all it's life and was really pretty straight, with almost zero rust.

The project was underway!

The whole family came down to the shop with me and helped wet sand and hungout with me while I spent hours trying to get it ready for his 80th birthday.

The color is supposed to look old...like coffee with milk added to it.

My dad did the pinstripping and I handled all the mechanicals and the bodywork.

HE LOVED IT! :D

He used to haul all kinds of firewood, sod, brush, lumber and stuff with it. He used it hard. Everywhere he went people offered to buy it from him:lol:

After a few years of using and enjoying the little truck, he called and said that I should come out to Cali and pick it up.

SO I DID!:blink:

Here are some before pics (sweet back bumper eh?) and a few now pics too.

The truck was lowered 2 inches when I gave it to Grandpa, now its 4ish.

Tell me what rims you guys like...I will give you some options to look at.

sk8Datsun1006.jpg

engine bay...before (after coming soon...battery JUST Died!)

sk8Datsun1003.jpg

Farm fresh!

sk8Datsun1002.jpg

WTH is that thing hangin off the back of that poor truck?:mellow:

Today...with '08 Yukon 17's (200 bucks...I could NOT pass em up!)

P7280004.jpg

P7280005.jpg

That 60's look. Toy chromies with super cool actual late 50's hubcaps.

P7280003.jpg

The way Grandpa liked it...Toyota 15 chromies.

P7280007.jpg

The way i like it...stock look...no caps! I have the caps, I just prefer not to run em:D

P7280001.jpg

DSC00782.jpg

Engine bay now...better! New L16, Ported/Polished, Weber, K-N, Header and a Zcar 5 speed with one piece shaft.:cool:

DSC00781.jpg

Do you like the cottage cheese lid in the floor? I will make a center consule thing and that ought to cover that well...the 5 speed was 5 inches longer.

DSC00742.jpg

Which of course required some welding and fab work on the 4speed mount.

DSC00748.jpg

New driveshaft was cheap and really great lookin'! I used the 4 speed flange with a freeze plug as a slip yoke.

DSC00744.jpg

No more center support bearing!!! Yeah!:)

DenverRatsun, where in the hell did you find a Simca!? Did you know the Brazilian Vedettes had Hemi Heads on the Ford V8-60 Flathead from the factory!?

I know of a simica sitting on top of a crush pile right now. That should tell you where to find them. :rolleyes: Semi-complete car in rough shape.

Hey Layedout...thats a really clean truck man! I love the wheel choice. Great looking interior. Maybe one day I will make it to Canby (?):lol:

KFD...yeah, I knew about the Ford flathead connection...I also have heard about American iron ratrods with Simca engines in them.

I have heard of the many cool differences, but never about the hemi.head in particular.

Gensaiken...I would love to hear if the car is like mine or not. Simca made tons of different kinds of cars. Is this thing in a junk yard? Can you get to it...and would you want to? I would gladly pay to ship a couple small parts that I need, I can send pics and cover you for your time as well:)

Please let me know. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do have an unbelievably hard time waiting years for parts to show up on Ebay.:mad:

Thats the price I pay.Everything French is expensive. Cool car though.:cool:

thanks. im not sure if those hub caps are the factory ones and if they even came with the outer chrome ring but i thought it looked good and gave it a real factory look. i almost was gonna modify it a little bit but i think itll look sweet havin a completely stock one next to a bagged and bodydropped one that im gonna be startin soon.

Her is a pic of my KC. Its got a L20 with U67 head, weber carb, 5 speed and 15" pathy's.

Canby001.jpg[/img]

Here is my new 73 that is currently being prepped for paint. Its getting an L20 with Ported A87 head, weber carb and 5 speed. 15 " Charcoal Frontier rims and lowered 4" in back and 6" in front.

Cratsun008.jpg[/img]

This is my 78 Longbed worktruck. Stock, Rusty and Fuglly:fu: Soon to have a flatbed on it:D

WorkTruck002.jpg[/img]

Gensaiken...I would love to hear if the car is like mine or not. Simca made tons of different kinds of cars. Is this thing in a junk yard? Can you get to it...and would you want to? I would gladly pay to ship a couple small parts that I need, I can send pics and cover you for your time as well:)

Please let me know. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do have an unbelievably hard time waiting years for parts to show up on Ebay.:mad:

Thats the price I pay.Everything French is expensive. Cool car though.:cool:

What model is yours?

I believe the one I found is a Simca Aronde but not sure what year. I'm thinking late 50's. I don't really know how much is left on it in decent shape.

damn RB that truck is slammed!!! you must have notched the frame right? anyways cool truck as it looks like mines except the bed, that is a LB bed right?

thought I was the only one with a KC..

conrad

Longbeds were only available as a standard cab. Easy way to tell a long is that they have five hooks down the side instead of four. Unless somebody has shaved them.

Yes, that truck is quite low, what haveyou done to it. Looks good.

Jason

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah...heres the awesome story on the dash pad!

I went to a local "old school" all import JY and they had 1 521 sitting way in the back..on top off an old Volvo or something. I get up in the thing to see if there are any seat belts (which I still am looking for by the way...stock black Nissan lap belts) or anything else worth bringing home :D and staring me in the face is this dash pad!:blink::blink::blink:!!!!!!!!!

They said the truck had been there for 15 years and had been in the same spot almost the whole time. In the SUN!!! With the windows down!!!

I flipped!

After letting them pull it out:eek: I gave them the 35 dollars they wanted for it and drove home like a proud new daddy!

since then it has developed a small crack from the corner of the ashtray.

WAY better than what was there before;)

Yeah...heres the awesome story on the dash pad!

I went to a local "old school" all import JY and they had 1 521 sitting way in the back..on top off an old Volvo or something. I get up in the thing to see if there are any seat belts (which I still am looking for by the way...stock black Nissan lap belts) or anything else worth bringing home :D and staring me in the face is this dash pad!:blink::blink::blink:!!!!!!!!!

They said the truck had been there for 15 years and had been in the same spot almost the whole time. In the SUN!!! With the windows down!!!

I flipped!

After letting them pull it out:eek: I gave them the 35 dollars they wanted for it and drove home like a proud new daddy!

since then it has developed a small crack from the corner of the ashtray.

WAY better than what was there before;)

I have a set pair of lap belts... I switched to retractable belts... you can HAVE them for the price of shipping.