You know you own a Datsun when.............

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When old Japanese guys actually smile at you

True!  I actually had an older Japanese Gentleman who had moved to Southern California congratulate me on my 411's condition.  It turned out that he had worked in Datsun's Yokohama facility and had worked the 410 and 411 production line.

• Like 1

when everyone says your car is one rust hole from falling apart and you nod your head confirming this as fact but you still love your datto any ways and see it as freedom from boredom.

when you have to stop every few miles/kilometers to run back and pick up pieces that have fallen off.

When you talk to it like a dog that just shit on the carpet.

Earlier today, I went to the gas station because I was running on fumes (as usual) went to put fuel in it and it just ran out on the ground (rotten filler hose). So I had to go in the store, buy a funnel and rig it up so I could at least get a gallon in it to make it home. I was bitching at it the whole time. THEN the guy at Napa made me buy 2 feet of the shit, because I wanted slightly more than a foot and then only sell it by the foot. The list goes on and my truck has a sad look due to the ass chewing it received.

• Like 1

when you ask your friends how the datsun is doing, before asking them how they are doing.

when you go through your whole car to find out what is wrong with it spending money on things that don't need to be replaced and it ends up being a five cent fuse

When the forums you hang out on have just as many issues as your Datsun, many are even closely related. Slow running, things getting in when they shouldn't, lack of progress on fixes, things getting out that shouldn't causing headaches and loopy behavior...

-Robert