• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I seent something "interesting" on a report from the Shot Show in Vegas.  It was a "left hand" bolt for a Mosin Nagant.  Ok, it was a regular bolt with a wild-ass up-and-over charging handle on it.  The way it worked was you push down on the handle on the left side of the gun then pull back.  Going back into battery is the opposite.  So I'm looking at this thing thinking, "Shut up and take my money!" when I decide, "Hey, I have an extra bolt.  Why don't I try something like that?"  I chopped off my handle at a 45 degree angle and zooked it back on pointing straight up.  Now to cycle it I grab the handle, pull it to the left, and shove it back.  It works surprisingly well in the bullpup stock.  Soooo, yeah... just thought I'd share.  Thanks for your time.

• Like 2

I picked up a P-238.And I was futzing around with it cycling a magazine(7 rounds) thru it by hand. Every round "stove-piped". I'm like WTF...OVER? So I go to the range and run a box(50)thru it. Non-hollow points. Everything works fine. So when the slide locks open after the mag empties, I see one round left in the box.I drop it in the tube and drop the slide.THe slide does NOT go "home"-it hangs up about a half inch "out". Now, I'm really torked . I call Sig in the states and I am told the stovepipe issue is "normal" and that dropping a round in the tube is the "improper way" to load the weapon. I pulled the phone away from my head, stared at it and say to myself ,WHAT THE FUCK did he just say?

So I found a local Smith who polished the ramp,throat and trigger.It now works fine, No more stove-pipes and the slide slams home when one is dropped down the "tube".I ain't too happy with Sig.

• Like 1

I've run a P-238 as my PC for about a year now with no issues after the first few boxes of range ammo. The first 50 rounds cycled through fine with no firing or injection pin marks. I've since run about 400+ rounds of FMJ ammo and about 150 rounds of Personal Defense through it with no issues. Perhaps your situation was caused by the usage of the wrong brand of hollow-points? Or maybe a faulty batch of casings? Not sure.

And.... Since this is a thread about which guns we own:

Sig Sauer P238

Ruger LCP-380

Ruger LC9

Custom Assembled AR-15

+various 22 cals...

~Peter

I picked up a P-238.And I was futzing around with it cycling a magazine(7 rounds) thru it by hand. Every round "stove-piped". I'm like WTF...OVER? So I go to the range and run a box(50)thru it. Non-hollow points. Everything works fine. So when the slide locks open after the mag empties, I see one round left in the box.I drop it in the tube and drop the slide.THe slide does NOT go "home"-it hangs up about a half inch "out". Now, I'm really torked . I call Sig in the states and I am told the stovepipe issue is "normal" and that dropping a round in the tube is the "improper way" to load the weapon. I pulled the phone away from my head, stared at it and say to myself ,WHAT THE FUCK did he just say?

So I found a local Smith who polished the ramp,throat and trigger.It now works fine, No more stove-pipes and the slide slams home when one is dropped down the "tube".I ain't too happy with Sig.

DEFINITELY NOT the experience I've had with Sig's..... I'd be SO PISSED especially considering their price tag alone. Which is the sole reason I don't own one yet.

I've heard of some QC issues with the 238s, I'm surprised they didn't take care of it for you.

My 220 has been perfect since day one, feels like it's on ball bearings. I've ran shit ammo, hollow points of all kinds with no problems. It's never malfunctioned in any way. For the record, Sig states it will feed, fire, eject any saami spec factory ammo so I don't know what Peter was talking about with wrong brand of hollow points. Hope everything will be as good as it has been for me from here on out. Maybe I have good luck, CZ says the P-01 can malfunction for the first couple boxes, mine's been like clockwork...great little gun.

DEFINITELY NOT the experience I've had with Sig's..... I'd be SO PISSED especially considering their price tag alone. Which is the sole reason I don't own one yet.

Trust me-I'm mad enough to chew thru ribbon rail.I'm a "single action" guy and that made it either Colt Mustang or A Sig P-238.I've always heard of their rep and I despise Colt.I got it for a decent price.But this isn't over with by far.
  • Like 1

For the record, Sig states it will feed, fire, eject any saami spec factory ammo so I don't know what Peter was talking about with wrong brand of hollow points. 

I'm implying hand-loads or rounds that have sat on a shelf for decades and acquired a layer of rust. I've been appalled at what some gun owners run through their guns.

~Peter

Took my hi point out and over all it wasnt bad at all it jammed a few times at first but after fucking with the mags for a few minutes that issue went away and i like how the heavy slide helps with the recoil

Took my hi point out and over all it wasnt bad at all it jammed a few times at first but after fucking with the mags for a few minutes that issue went away and i like how the heavy slide helps with the recoil

Having to "tune up" and "keep in tune" the magazines was why I sold my HP carbine a few years ago.  Every time someone asks me my opinion on them, I take a deep breath and 'splain my experience, trying very hard to NOT badmouth the things.  They aren't "bad" guns but unless I'm in a really bad way, I wouldn't want to trust my life to one.

• 2 weeks later...