• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since a Taurus Judge will chamber both .45 Colt and .410 shotgun, can I count my .410 Snake Charmer as a .45?

I doubt it, because your .410 is made specifically for the .410 shells and not rifled. The Judge on the other hand is designed for the .45LC, which is larger in diameter than the .410. Plus, I don't know how the chamber pressures would work in your .410 shotgun.

However, I just got this yesterday. It's the Circuit Judge. A rifle version of the Judge pistol, and will indeed take both the .410 and .45LC. It's a wonderfull gun to hold as well, *very* comfortable. I like non-mainstream guns.

IMG_20150118_154810_zpsyvzqg1vh.jpg

IMG_20150118_154904_zpsgmtaknzd.jpg

• Like 1

I really had the hots for that Circuit Judge when they first came out but for some reason I have "cooled" on the idea.  Nothing against it, per se, I'm just not so fired up to buy one for myself.  Although, the more I look at yours...

Dang youse!  Dang youse straight to heck!  Now I want one again.

And you got me wondering, so for gits and shiggles I just tried to put a .45 Colt round in the chamber of the Snake Charmer.  You are correct, it will not fit.  For some reason, perhaps reading Rumorpedia while researching the Judge all those years ago, I thought I'd read that old timers sometimes used .45 Colt rounds in .410 guns for humanely dispatching (soon-to-be-no-longer)livestock.  I guess I was not as correct as I could have been.

I doubt it, because your .410 is made specifically for the .410 shells and not rifled. The Judge on the other hand is designed for the .45LC, which is larger in diameter than the .410. Plus, I don't know how the chamber pressures would work in your .410 shotgun.

However, I just got this yesterday. It's the Circuit Judge. A rifle version of the Judge pistol, and will indeed take both the .410 and .45LC. It's a wonderfull gun to hold as well, *very* comfortable. I like non-mainstream guns.

IMG_20150118_154810_zpsyvzqg1vh.jpg

IMG_20150118_154904_zpsgmtaknzd.jpg

Just buy a whole lot of bandages and antiobotic gel to treat the burns you will get on your left wrist [if you are right handed] from the flash by as you blast off those "apparently" 5 rounds.  That's what lead to rejection of the Colt revolving Carbine by the US Army firearms board [or whatever they were called] in the 1860s.  The very best built "to spec" and thouroughly inspected units can only faithly replicate the original design defects!

the idea is its a cheap gun to have fun with at the range and not care what happens to it lol

That's what Ruger is for. A Ruger will last a lifetime to boot. I just never could get past the super high bore height to hand ratio. For cheapies, check out Canik or Caracal. I guess I'm a gun snob when it comes to brands or designs that are known to be hit or miss.