• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

M21WithLeatherwoodScope_zps715e510b.jpg

VietNam era M21 sniper rifle with Leatherwood ranging scope. You sure be sure that you're on the right end of this machine. M6 bayonet in foreground. The bolt-7.62 and the 50 cal. rifles have taken over the heavy personal work, but I believe these haven't been completely removed from service.

They have continued service and even had a few redesigns. Even the m14 is still in service.

Tanker I love me an m1a but I like my G3 just a little bit better......cause its German and so am I!

• Like 1

Very good busta, I am also German but i do try to keep it American thats all. I just bought a STI frame to to have built I did not realize 800.00 bucks don't get you nothing but a frame and the grip.lol

And by the way G3 is a bad ass gun also just can't afford it like you can buddy.lol

Found one for sale and sold a truck to buy it. :lol: They were really hard to get ahold if about 4 years ago up here. I noticed one on armslist just yesterday

• Like 1

a few shots of my Mauser 1918 Erfurt Kar98az. It's not import stamped and is all matching except for the lower band, stacking hook and a Third Reich era replacement stock. It is a small ring Mauser 98 but still chambered in 8mm Mauser.

17Jun98aztree.jpg

fitted with a dust cover that may or may not be a repro. these covers were designed to keep the muck and mud that was so common in trench warfare from entering the weapon. they cycle with the bolt and are removable.

trenchcoverkar98rightclosed.jpg

trenchcoverkar98leftopen.jpg

this is a Nazi era property mark on the butt stock indicating use by the German national railways.

1918Erfurtcartouche.jpg

a group shot of all my WW1 rifles.

WW1Germanriflesgroupshot-1.jpg

the first five are variants of Gew88s. they are German weapons but not a Mauser design. in fact, the primary designer of the weapon, Ludwig Loewe and Paul Mauser were bitter rivals. So bitter in fact that Loewe had Kaiser Wilhelm II ban Mauser from the testing of the rifle. In retaliation, Mauser spread rumours that Loewe (a German Jew) had intentionally designed the weapon to blow up in the faces of German soldier which caused the weapon to be nicknamed juden gewehr or "Jew gun". I have put many rounds through my 88s without issue.

the sixth weapon is a Mauser 1918 Oberndorf Gew 98 with an import stamp and an Ottoman property mark on the receiver. It set me back $90 in 2001. They are not so cheap anymore.

this pic just illustrates the diversity of the Imperial German weapons.

kar98gew98gew88.jpg

the top weapon is the front of the Kar98az showing it's stacking hook. when you were not in combat, you and a few buddies could stand the weapons on their butts, connect the hooks and the weapons would stand alone in sort of a tee-pee frame fashion.

the middle weapon is Gew88/S which means it can use the modern Spitzergeschloss (pointed bullet) as well as the round nose bullet it was originally designed for. the metal clip surrounding the cartridges indicate this weapon still utilizes Mannlicher "packet loading". Clip & rounds are both pushed into the receiver. when the last round is cycled out of the weapon the clip drops out of the bottom. If you do not have clips to go with the ammo on an 88/S then you have a single shot weapon and that sucks in combat. in 1905 and 1914, many of these were converted to conventional Mauser style loading thus eliminating the need for the clips. the ejection ports on 88/05s and 88/14s were then covered by the arsenals with removable spring steel plates. 88/S and 88/05 models are very common to this day but 88/14 models are quite rare.

the bottom weapon is my 1918 Gew98 with the Lange Vizier sight. all of these are in 8mm Mauser.

• Like 1

Whitney Wolverine 22cal. Nickle plated and black finish models.

WhitneyWolverine1_zpsf9a9c5d9.jpg

WhitneyWolverine2_zpsebf10136.jpg

WhitneyWolverine3_zpsf8d07c28.jpg

Built for less than five years beginning in 1956. The brainchild of innovative engineer, Robert Hilberg from ideas developed while applying weight saving armarments to aircraft during WWII. Years ahead of the competition employing an investment cast aluminum body shell. Try to imagine just how mind boggling this was in 1956 !!

Hilberg's fertile mind produced other innovative arms concepts that were years if not decades ahead of their time.

Being all steel they are not on the light side that is for sure.

They are not all steel... which is to say that not all of them are all steel.  Can't say for sure that they all are, but mine is an aluminium frame with a stainless slide, I call it my Pimp Gun.  I had to buy it because the serial number is my initials, my younger-older brother's birthday, my older-older brother's birthday... and a "seven" which I haven't been able to make significant.

• Like 1

"Seven" is shichi in Japanese, which is usually avoided since it is reminiscent of "shi" which means "death".  Same reason for avoiding "4" which is the homophone for SHI "death."  The workaround is to use the "Chinese" or kid's numbers as in "Yotsu or Yon" for 4 and "Nana" for 7.  Thus April is "Yongatsu" and July is "Nanagatsu."  Not Shigatsu or Shichigatsu.

"Seven" is shichi in Japanese, which is usually avoided since it is reminiscent of "shi" which means "death".  Same reason for avoiding "4" which is the homophone for SHI "death."  The workaround is to use the "Chinese" or kid's numbers as in "Yotsu or Yon" for 4 and "Nana" for 7.  Thus April is "Yongatsu" and July is "Nanagatsu."  Not Shigatsu or Shichigatsu.

I used to have SHICHI license plates on my Seven.  I got tired of a) explaining it to gaijin and 2) paying the ridiculous amount of money Texas charges for personalized plates now.

I know I'm technically... ok, totally gaijin myself, so flame away!

We could've stripped a lot off the car.........

.......but fuck it......who's got time to sell Vulva parts......

......besides....the electric seats would weigh more than half a dime.....

• Like 1