• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guns? I like guns, I have my assortment of "modern" firearms, but these are my favorites because I built them. I shoot competitively with these guns and have won many matches.
Top is a southern mountain c. 1780 in .45. (left hand, not period correct)
Middle is a Hatfield Squirrel rifle in .36.
Bottom is a Northwest Trade gun c. 1820 in .62, shoots .60 round ball or shot.
Pistol is a military style c. 1780.
Flag is a 49 star, they only made them for 6 mos. in 1959.

DSCN0121_zps0e4d8b75.jpg

• Like 2

I never understand what possess' some one to make modifications to a nagant, $135 timney trigger and a $160 archangel stock on a $100 rifle. You want a fancy rifle buy a fancy rifle, not a Russian farm implement :lol:

Says the guy willing to pour thousands of dollars and/or man-hours into a Datsun.  You want a fancy car, buy a fancy car, not a Japanese econo-box.

• Like 4

I never understand what possess' some one to make modifications to a nagant, $135 timney trigger and a $160 archangel stock on a $100 rifle. You want a fancy rifle buy a fancy rifle, not a Russian farm implement :lol:

I have fancy covered with my m1a scout squad. The timney trigger makes it much more accurate.

You'd fucking hate my $1200 sks in that case. Thing is my sks shoots Damn near AR accurate and the 91/30 will keep up with a 30-06 savage my buddy has that was a few hundred cheaper. I bet you like to see the face of honduh drivers after you whoop their ass and they spent way more, same principle.

• Like 1

They are way to expensive now, some bigger carriers still have them for cheaper. A friend of mine got one at an ace hardware for $120 which isn't terrible.

nah i have a friend that will sell me one of his for a 100 bucks 

• Like 1

nah i have a friend that will sell me one of his for a 100 bucks 

Gopher it... but watch out for military surplus ammo.  Some of it has corrosive primers and you'll need to clean the barrel IMMEDIATELY after shooting.  I've heard of Windex, hot water, and/or even piss being used to neutralize and rinse out the salts produced by this ammo.

• Like 1

The only real reason the Mosin is so cheap to buy, or was cheap to buy, is because they are very abundant and are being dumped by the nations that used them for next to nothing. There was once a time when you could get an AK or an SKS for the same price or cheaper than a Mosin. 

When they start drying up, like Russian SKS Rifles, then the price will slowly climb. 

http://youtu.be/3PQUDmINoPM

I have fancy covered with my m1a scout squad. The timney trigger makes it much more accurate.

You'd fucking hate my $1200 sks in that case. Thing is my sks shoots Damn near AR accurate and the 91/30 will keep up with a 30-06 savage my buddy has that was a few hundred cheaper. I bet you like to see the face of honduh drivers after you whoop their ass and they spent way more, same principle.

Don't thing I just have cheap crappy firearms, I get my fancy in with my H&K's, I just don't have a lot of them. :lol: