• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well,I'll be damned.She did some home work and asked to go hit a few gunshops. SHe now has up-graded her wish(and my wallet) to a Smith & Wesson Governor.

I agree with Q-tip... IMHO all you're getting is "better" name cachet.  I have owned several Tauruses... Tauri? and have had little to no problems with any of them.  YMMV

Of course it is easy for us "Keyboard Commandos" (especially us unmarried ones) to tell you what to do but as they say, "If momma ain't happy, ain't no one happy!"  Buy her the one SHE wants.

99%?!!The Smith is 6 rounds and the Taurus is five.The Smith also handles .45 ACP where the Taurus does not.ANd the Smith feels better in her hand.

Oh right!  I forgot about the ACP angle.  Yeah, and now that you mention it I'm beginning to hate my non-ACP-shooting Judge... just kidding.  So, ACP and the six vs five capacity are very valid arguments.  And Juan can't argue against something feeling better.  You have convinced me, sir.  Get her the Smitty (as if you needed my approval).

Doesn't the Taurus shoot .45 long colt? Kinda the same thing...

.45 ACP is generally cheaper and usually loaded to higher pressure than .45 Colt so having that option as well is a real bonus.

Oh right!  I forgot about the ACP angle.  Yeah, and now that you mention it I'm beginning to hate my non-ACP-shooting Judge... just kidding.  So, ACP and the six vs five capacity are very valid arguments.  And Juan can't argue against something feeling better.  You have convinced me, sir.  Get her the Smitty (as if you needed my approval).

nudge/wink

• 3 weeks later...

Went to a gun show Sunday... never a good thing for my credit cards.  I "traded" my Marlin bolt-action .22LR for a Ruger American Rimfire in .22LR.  And by "traded" I mean "sold the Marlin at a loss and paid the difference out of pocket" of course.  Then I found a Norinco 20 round SKS internal magazine and dropped another... well, probably too much.  But damn, it is so cool on my SGW bullpup SKS! 

• 3 weeks later...

So... anyone got an old Saiga 12 they never use, taking up room in the gun case, collecting dust in the corner, annoying the wife by existing?  I'd be willing to pay bottom dollar for it!

So... anyone got an old Saiga 12 they never use, taking up room in the gun case, collecting dust in the corner, annoying the wife by existing?  I'd be willing to pay bottom dollar for it!

Gee, we aren't panic gun buying, are we?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=959013

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/OFAC-Enforcement/Pages/20140716.aspx

Yes, yes we are. But no one really knows whether this is temporary or permanent, so...

Not much different than when President Obama got elected and it caused prices to rise and people to panic...

• Like 1

Heres my f class rig.  Its a Savage 12ft/r, 30" 308 with a 6.5-24 Vortex

savage.jpg

A .30 caliber with a 30 inch barrel!  The classic "100 caliber barrel length" for optimum performance!  Anything longer and barrel friction begins to lower muzzle velocity.  Anything shorter just creates a brighter muzzle flash.

Got it.Picked it up for 600.00(with a holster and a box of .410 defense rounds)-retail is 900.00.So the wife is happy.But she keeps asking me if I know how to "dance".Hmmmmmm.

A .30 caliber with a 30 inch barrel!  The classic "100 caliber barrel length" for optimum performance!  Anything longer and barrel friction begins to lower muzzle velocity.  Anything shorter just creates a brighter muzzle flash.

Not to be a dick or anything but where are you getting that "100 caliber barrel length" generalization?  7.62x25 (Tokarev), .30 carbine, 7.62x39, 7.62x51 (.308), 7.62x54r, 30-30, and 30-06 are all .30 caliber but with VASTLY different amounts of powder behind them.  They can't ALL want a 30" barrel, can they?  Ok, maybe I'm trying to be a dick just a little, but I'm still curious.