Ruger 10/22 is the gun to have in that apocalyptic zombie bullshit scenario you are all wishing for.  When everybody starts popping rounds, the 22 will be the longest lasting ammo.  And in the end, a bullet is better than no bullet.  Plus, you can carry a shit-ton more rounds if you are shooting a .22.  That badass slinging a 30-06 will only be a badass for a few minutes.  But since zombies are not coming for us.  Fuck that shit.  And since gangsters aint coming for me also fuck that shit.  And since the buying frenzy was brought to you by your pals at Winchester, ATK, and Remington, double fuck that shit.  

But I do have myself a nice little hunting boom stick that'll burn 170grain a squeeze.  And though it's fun, it's just for food.  

and some fun.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Holy crap that took a while!  I just found this thread today... well, yesterday now that it is after midnight, and have just read the whole shebang.  At first I was, "Yeah, I got this and this and this.."  then I was all, "Yeah, I ain't telling all youse what I got!" now I'm like, "Meh.  Whatever"  So, I'll just say I am a bullpup guy.  I have a Saiga 12 in a Kushnapup stock, a Saiga 7.62x39 also in a Kushnapup stock, an SKS in an SGW bullpup stock, and a Tavor... along with some other long-ish guns and pistols.  I also have on order a Hightower Armory 90/22 stock  which makes a Ruger 10/22 look like an H&K PS-90.  Can't wait to build that one!

Pics or it didn't happen

• Like 1

Ruger 10/22 is the gun to have in that apocalyptic zombie bullshit scenario you are all wishing for.  When everybody starts popping rounds, the 22 will be the longest lasting ammo.  And in the end, a bullet is better than no bullet.  Plus, you can carry a shit-ton more rounds if you are shooting a .22.  That badass slinging a 30-06 will only be a badass for a few minutes.  But since zombies are not coming for us.  Fuck that shit.  And since gangsters aint coming for me also fuck that shit.  And since the buying frenzy was brought to you by your pals at Winchester, ATK, and Remington, double fuck that shit.  

But I do have myself a nice little hunting boom stick that'll burn 170grain a squeeze.  And though it's fun, it's just for food.  

Hawaiian I love you but go find some 22 first,I live out here in riverside and know one got 22 we even have a bass pro shop and they got more boats then ammo.

and some fun.

Hawaiian I love you but go find some 22 first,I live out here in riverside and know one got 22 we even have a bass pro shop and they got more boats then ammo.

and some fun.

Can't find it in stores, cause people bought it all up, and keep buying it all up.  It's in cabinets, in houses, in sheds.  But I do not claim to know more, or even as much as most folks here regarding guns.  This is only to clarify my thought.  I don't think end of world scenario will see many wall marts open for business.  

Holy crap that took a while! I just found this thread today... well, yesterday now that it is after midnight, and have just read the whole shebang. At first I was, "Yeah, I got this and this and this.." then I was all, "Yeah, I ain't telling all youse what I got!" now I'm like, "Meh. Whatever" So, I'll just say I am a bullpup guy. I have a Saiga 12 in a Kushnapup stock, a Saiga 7.62x39 also in a Kushnapup stock, an SKS in an SGW bullpup stock, and a Tavor... along with some other long-ish guns and pistols. I also have on order a Hightower Armory 90/22 stock which makes a Ruger 10/22 look like an H&K PS-90. Can't wait to build that one!

Good to have a new poster in here, I love the bulpup design for the "long gun in a short package" but I hate the round going off literaly right next to my ear.

Also the PS-90 is made by FN not H&K, and now you know :lol:

.22 doesn't do much damage though. .223 or 7.62x39mm would be your best bet, both are incredibly plentiful regardless of where you are. They can also be caught and reloaded if you have the facilities necessary. .22 can not be reloaded, which is a huge strike against it in my book in an "apocalyptic type" scenario.

Good to have a new poster in here, I love the bulpup design for the "long gun in a short package" but I hate the round going off literaly right next to my ear.

Also the PS-90 is made by FN not H&K, and now you know :lol:

I worried about the "Next to the ear" thing at first but it isn't that bad, in my opinion.

As for the PS-90, I remembered that it was an FN about five hours after posting that.  I feel like a total tool having said it was an H&K... multiple times it turns out.

Pics or it didn't happen

Let me see if I can finger out how to insert pictures.  I'm just almost computer illiterate... make that totally computer illiterate.  I'm having Datsunfreak help out so pix come soon.

And I just finished putting together the Hightower 90/22.  I sent John a picture of that as well so maybe he'll post it.  He's one helluva guy, that Datsunfreak!  I'd be lost on these intergoogles without him.