• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

benelli_nova_weapons_guns_desktop_1200x1

i have one of these as my bird gun  waterfowl and upland  it will chamber 3 1/2 in shells

benelli nova

i originally was going to get a rem. 870 or moss 500 but glad i didn't so far since my buddy's 870 synthetic style has had a couple of issues every time we hunt and the benny has performed flawlessly 

my only complaint is it needs a limb saver recoil pad 

200px-Come_And_Take_It_Mural.jpg

My favorite flag of the Texas revolution! It may be painted on one of my vehicles eventually.

The American obsession with guns goes back to when governments tried to disarm the people so that they could not rebel.

Americans are naturally rebellious. That's how we got here. Texans especially. I've been told since childhood to be prepared to defend my freedom.

As far as kill vs maim goes, an intruder in your home has no respect for your life. He could be willing to kill you to get away. There is also precedence for burglars suing people for medical bills and injuries caused by someone defending their children and winning.

Dead men can't sue.

Got a reproduction of the Gonzales Battle Flag hanging on my wall. Next to my Japanese flag.

Got a reproduction of the Gonzales Battle Flag hanging on my wall. Next to my Japanese flag.

Then there's the San Patricio Flag!  Irish draftees to the US Army and deserters [due to West Point preduceded officers who reguarded Irish as scum] who defected and or volunteered [there is a difference] to the Mexican side during the US and Mexican war.  Field of Green, naturaly with a Gold shamrock and image of Saint Patrick in the upper corner was their flag.  Most died defending the causeway to Mexico City from the invading US forces.  The survivors were branded on their cheeks with a "D" for deserter.

Go to San Francisco during Cinco De Mayo or the real Mexican Independence Day parades and you will see a modern day repleca San Patricio unit marching in the parade [to much cheering].

• Like 1

Currently I have two guns, one handgun one rifle.

I've got a sub-compact XD .40 now, which I would carry if I would ever get around to getting a permit. For now I just take it out when I go back home to the farm where I have a private range in the back yard.

IMAG0180_zpscf22d067.jpg

My rifle is nothing special, it was my first gun that I picked up because it was the right price when I went with my buddy to pick up his M1 Garand years ago. Anyway it is an old czech mauser, and it is a beast that likes to bruise shoulders.

Yugo8mmVZ24Mauser_qhakkh.jpg

My old handgun was a H&K USP .40 which I really liked...

IMAG0311_zps5f6f0a6e.jpg

but I sold it so I could get these.

DSCN1071.jpg

• Like 2

Looks like a BRNO built on FN tooling like the Yugoslavian M24/48s.  It kicks your shoulder because of the steel butt plate and perhaps because you are using "real" 8x57 ammunition, not the weakly loaded USA domestic loads.  USA loads were deliberately underloaded because of some early WW1 tight bored rifles.  They had 0.318 bore, not 0.32 bore [inches of course]. Lawyers rule?  Use a Herters slip on rubber boot, don't cut and graft on a commercial rubber butt plate.  A few years from now, when you find out just how much you could get for your unmolested rifle you will thank me!

If you are really lucky, you might have a short throw length small ring Mauser action [similar to the M1905 Mexican Mauser]  which command a rediculous premium among gunsmiths and custom rifle builders. 

Keep this well cleaned and greased, it just might be a considerable contribution to your retirement nest egg!

• Like 1

I've got a sub-compact XD .40 now, which I would carry if I would ever get around to getting a permit. For now I just take it out when I go back home to the farm where I have a private range in the back yard.

IMAG0180_zpscf22d067.jpg

My rifle is nothing special, it was my first gun that I picked up because it was the right price when I went with my buddy to pick up his M1 Garand years ago. Anyway it is an old czech mauser, and it is a beast that likes to bruise shoulders.

My old handgun was a H&K USP .40 which I really liked...

IMAG0311_zps5f6f0a6e.jpg

but I sold it so I could get these.

DSCN1071.jpg

Wasn't the USP chambered in .45 too?