• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like a BRNO built on FN tooling like the Yugoslavian M24/48s.  It kicks your shoulder because of the steel butt plate and perhaps because you are using "real" 8x57 ammunition, not the weakly loaded USA domestic loads.  USA loads were deliberately underloaded because of some early WW1 tight bored rifles.  They had 0.318 bore, not 0.32 bore [inches of course]. Lawyers rule?  Use a Herters slip on rubber boot, don't cut and graft on a commercial rubber butt plate.  A few years from now, when you find out just how much you could get for your unmolested rifle you will thank me!

If you are really lucky, you might have a short throw length small ring Mauser action [similar to the M1905 Mexican Mauser]  which command a rediculous premium among gunsmiths and custom rifle builders. 

Keep this well cleaned and greased, it just might be a considerable contribution to your retirement nest egg!

It is a VZ24 last I checked they weren't all that rare, but it is fun and cheap so I have no reason to get rid of it.  As for the ammo, I have been using Yugo milsurp so "real" is probably right not to mention corrosive.

I kept the USP in the family so I still get to use it when I want and at the time the turbo build was a higher priority for me.

USA loads were deliberately underloaded because of some early WW1 tight bored rifles.  They had 0.318 bore, not 0.32 bore [inches of course].

I almost bought one! a commission rifle a Kar 88 a the short mannlicher looking one.  read up on it and decided not to buy it. Would be a perfect HOG gun up close if in the orginal 8mm .318 220gr 1800-200fps loading

http://www.chuckhawks.com/commission_rifle.htm

I found a 7.65 Argentine 1891 DWM Mauser that close it it and ammo is cheap and avail thru PriviPartisan(PPU)

http://www.shootingtimes.com/2011/02/10/longgun_reviews_classic_test_1891_argentine_carbine_021011/

if you not a gun collecter but a hunter nothing beats the new Winchester  weather extreme Model 70s

Lmfao, that gun is nice, I wish I could ship my Sakos out here, but I have them locked away in a gun cabinet at my grandparents house in PA. I have a beautiful FinnBear L61R, and a Forrester L579 that have only been fired 3 times plus the factory test shots.

My buddy Stefano's dad has a legitimate Sig 551 pre-ban he bought brand new, that has only had the 3 factory test shots through it. Also has an AUG he uses on a regular. Wish I had pictures.

Personally, I dont thnk I could own a Sig 551 for 25 years and NOT fire it EVER.

I DONT CALL 911!

I let trespassers, thieves, dopers and ZOMBIES talk to my friends

mr smith and Wesson 38,357,44,45

mr ruger 9mm,50cal

mr glock 10mm,9mm,

mr Winchester 306,223,3030

mr Remington 22,25,32,380,

mr Mossberg 10ga,12ga,20ga,410ga,

m16

m14

and machete's

and ninja swords

AND 5,000 ROUNDS FOR EACH ONE.

As for the thieves,dopers

I let them decide by what means they want to die from or become disabled

or I take them out into the desert 15 miles or so and leave them out there naked

in the pitch black of night and leave there cloths by the side of the road with a bottle of water

and tell them if I see them around my family or home they wont be so lucky next time..

THE LAST TIME I CALLED 911 THE IDIOT ...... WAS OUT THE NEXT DAY

and was arrested for robbing beating an old lady just 20 hrs later.

so save tax dollars and waste $1.00 worth of bullets and save millions.

DEAD THIEVES, DOPERS, TELL NO TALES!!

Sorry boys. I don't have a thing for guns (but you go ahead) so I don't come here much. Didn't even know about this shit. A sanitized it.

• Like 3

You asshats thought I was the racist dickbag??, I was going to say something originally, but I thought what he said was immensely offensive, so I kinda was too speechless I suppose, to say something.

I knew it would get dealt with.

FYI, I only rock a small chin patch, but if you followed my build, you would ,know this.

Damn sheeple.

• Like 1