true, I was more commenting on the fact that its annoying than anything else. Not to say that its not proper, we are inarguably the "americans" on the continent. But I prefer to be called a U.S. citizen than an "american"  it just feels too generalized

You dont want to be called an American?- get out of my country terrorist. 

'Murica. 

Xkzga4P.jpg

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^the difference between a 'murican, and a U.S. Citizen right there.

meaning I dont find that funny, just stupid.

Additionally my family and I are friends with the Burlingame family. I would prefer not to be called a terrorist even sarcastically thank you.

it was a rude comment regardless of who said it or how "high someones horse is"

Im a pretty down to earth person and never really consider myself better than anyone.

My mother worked directly under Dr. Burlilngame when his brother Charles was forced out of his cockpit and the terrorists proceeded to fly his plane into the Pentagon.

I do not appreciate being called a terrorist even jokingly, nor should any Citizen of this country. The subject of terrorism is quite close to me.

true, I was more commenting on the fact that its annoying than anything else. Not to say that its not proper, we are inarguably the "americans" on the continent. But I prefer to be called a U.S. citizen than an "american"  it just feels too generalized

No offense or trolling intended in the following... it's just an observation.

Out side of the US being called an 'American' is not always a good thing. Even in my day no one abroad would stitch an American flag on his backpack. (well you could if in Canada) Today there is even less reason to. Don't believe the national news on TV.... much of the world doesn't particularly like Americans. If it helps soothe the sting, Paul Newman once said: 'A man with no enemies is a man with no character.' True of people but nations?

Being a 'US citizen' seems to distance yourself from the word American, hell you didn't capitalize the word even. To me it seems it implies you chose to become an American but be a US citizen.

The only Americans I see up here are a bit pompous with their big Dodges, big boats, big money, big attitudes. So I ignore them because they are not the average. When traveling in the States I find people more or less like at home. At Canby I find people very entrenched with Datsun single mindedness but again this is not the national norm either.

• Like 1

Just because you known someone effected directly from a terrorist act doesn't mean it makes it offencive. I know multiple people who have survived cancer, my sister has ms I have a cousin who has to be in assisted living and I don't get offended by peoples comment on the internet or real life. Life is too short to get all bothered by other people

• Like 1

No guns, just some new bookends  B)

DSCF6920_zps92491f34.jpg

Last week we were working along the roadside and there were two very cute/young blond flag girls directing traffic, one at each end. The third day I came up to the tall one and said 'You guys are just like bookends'. Yeah, I could see that she didn't know what I meant. Sigh, I felt so old. Doesn't the latest generation read books anymore?

• Like 1