you are waaaaay to ill informed my friend.

if you want to own a gun, buy a gun.
get rid of those non lethal ideas.

should the need arise for you (or any of us that carry) to pull your weapon,

its going to be stop an imitate and dangerous threat.

no blanks and tricks are going to help you there.

if you are pulling your weapon its because your life or someone elses life is in immediate danger.

and youd better be prepared and willing to neutralize that threat, not just try and scare it away with a cap gun.

• Like 4
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

100_2160.jpgDangerous is what I say about this ! those verticle channels had a piece of FLINT that sparked off black powder for the gy that said rim fire  ,I am no gun expert a smith told me late 1700s- 1800s maybe french gun , pirate boot pistol when not cocked triggers fold up.100_2161.jpg

Wrong again!  The grooves are for the extension of the cartridge that holds the fulminate [primer] mixture,  A pin fire.  Not the blunt face on the hammer definately NOT a flintlock of anyones misbegotten imagination.

• Like 1

Picked up a Mosin 91/30 this morning that was someone's aborted sported project.  Came in the hard case just like you see it -- still in cosmoline.  The bore is absolutely stunning.  Original stock was already missing and I'll probably sell off the ATI in favor of a Boyds thumbhole.  The guy threw in a case of ammo too.

002-104.jpg

003-86.jpg

005-51.jpg

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

Im certainly not sledging America, far from it.

I am what I term "a firearms enthusiast".

Suffice to say i'm not going to post on a public fora what, or how many firearms I own, but, I "have a few".

I participate in IPSC here in Aus (using a Glock 17A with Ten round mags) and hopefully when I come back to the USA for another visit will get to compete there.

Being such a simple design, I bet it would fire if ammo could be acquired. 

i do believe if you could find ammo which you definitely could just pricey being that its hundreds of years old it could very well blow up. i would have it thoroughly gone through. like a sonogram or whatever. not a expert but i wouldn't blindly trust a gun that old