I am looking for a cheap non lethal pistol revolver something or another that can plunk a snake or marmachuck or be noisy enough to bother off larger game camp intruders. I'm not into guns and really if they made face melting aresol spray or i could find a way to fill a super soaker with battery acid and razor blades I'd rather pick that up. I know they have bear mace (Duane Lee Chapman anyone?) and how cool would it be to bear mace something. while road tripping I figure I'll wind up in a lot of truck stops/ parking lots and likely other sketchy spots. Considering the casual neighborhood grapist may come a knocking I would rather have something slightly more effective than pepper spray. (grapists wearing swim goggles? Fml) so I humbly come to ask what would a good choice gun be for the every day camper? I don't exactly plan on strapping it to my chest or keeping it anywhere except maybe in a back pack hiking or under the rear seat. Having done a little research I'm leaning towards either the bond arms .410 snake slayer (probably overkill assuming I ever even shoot it) and reloading with rock salt or picking up a .22lr revolver. I'm not saying im completely unfamiliar with guns I've Just never owned anything outside of a couple air riffles. Shot all sorts of guns just for fun but never cared enough or found a purpose to ever own one. Thanks for any suggestions and recommendations. Also I have no idea the legality of any of this or what kind of licences etc I would need. Is it even worth the trouble? Crossing state lines etc just to own one? Either I'll be the rare breed of gun owning liberal or just another dirty hippy I'll let the experts decide the end result.

Shoots

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Or I was thinking north American arms 22 baby pistol with rat shot. Can't possibly be worse than a bunch of be stings most likely won't pierce paper at distance over fifteen feet and I wouldn't dare shoot it into the wind or pop cans for fear of ricochet. Lol is that even a remotely good choice? 22lr is cheap and fun to target shoot but is it even worth it? If this is more headaches than it's worth I'd almost rather hand my money to some mugger than spend it on an underpowered gun. If I'd be better off lobbing the bullets out of a sling shot at my target than pulling the trigger why bother at all right? Whats a good in between option? Again this doesn't need to be lethal on large game just enough to make anything run back into the woods.

My dad is ridiculously into guns. Hes owned everything under the sun and although hes been downsizing lately, he keeps a few around for specific purposes. If he does any traveling, he carries a .38 snub nose special (the short barreled revolvers you see cops carry in older movies). It packs a decent punch and is compact. They are a common gun and dont have anything fancy on them since youre not "into guns." Since they are common, you can get many accessoeris for them to suit your needs. You can get different holsters that fit your travelling needs. My dad has a pocket holster, a hidden belt holster for working, but usually carries it in a fanny pack with a few extra rounds. A benefit is that your old lady should be able to use it as well if the need arose. My uber frail mother has shot it numerous times without issues. 

Or I was thinking north American arms 22 baby pistol with rat shot. Can't possibly be worse than a bunch of be stings most likely won't pierce paper at distance over fifteen feet and I wouldn't dare shoot it into the wind or pop cans for fear of ricochet. Lol is that even a remotely good choice? 22lr is cheap and fun to target shoot but is it even worth it? If this is more headaches than it's worth I'd almost rather hand my money to some mugger than spend it on an underpowered gun. If I'd be better off lobbing the bullets out of a sling shot at my target than pulling the trigger why bother at all right? Whats a good in between option? Again this doesn't need to be lethal on large game just enough to make anything run back into the woods.

Are you serious or am i not reading this right ,non lethal a .22 can kill you they can all be lethal,get some thing some what cheap but with a little kick like a 9mm,what would be sad is the day you buy your .22 your going to wish you had a little more.Dont be that guy that buys a Harley sporster and wastes his money when he could off the get go get the softtail or bagger in the first place that he thought was to heavy for him.And as for gun laws you over in Hawaii or in  looks like Washington you need to know the laws in that state first.If you want some sort of gun get a GUN,if you want now lethal get a Tazer or a sling shot.

^^I think know that gun, but don't know what it is. i shot one as a kid. It's a 30.06 I think?

I need a gun. 

Been thinking about picking up a 9mm or something that i can load with hollow points and carry around in my truck with me. I work on the shady side of town.

Rallly,

Find yourself an ar7, theyre make by henry arms. Its a. 22 rifle that takes down and stores in the stock. If youre road tripping it is legal to take across state lines because when it is disassembled its technically not a fire arm. Oh its water proof and it floats.

Or make a zip gun all to need is a car antenna a nail and a rubberband or spring, and some .22 rimfire. Not very accurate or lethal but makes a loud noise and could kill something.

One gun I'd really LOVE to own:  

H&K MR762A1. Alas, I don't have $5K+ for even the basic model. But 7.62 NATO semi-auto would be fun as shit to take to a range  :thumbup: They make them about an hour away from where I live. My dad used to work next door to the H&K warehouse, and Glock warehouse. 

MR762A1_LRP_Left.jpg

Nope

Yeah, i figured that pretty quick mentioned shot gun, and I looked at the barrel diameter.

One gun I'd really LOVE to own:  

H&K MR762A1. Alas, I don't have $5K+ for even the basic model. But 7.62 NATO semi-auto would be fun as shit to take to a range  :thumbup: They make them about an hour away from where I live. My dad used to work next door to the H&K warehouse, and Glock warehouse. 

MR762A1_LRP_Left.jpg

Yeah, i figured that pretty quick mentioned shot gun, and I looked at the barrel diameter.

5000.00 they were selling them in Cali for 3700.00 for a not so stripped model at the Turner's here,I almost bought one but was still asking myself WHY.

Thanks for all the advice and input. I agree about the Harley statement and that's exactly my only concern. I wish the was an over under derringer type that first could shoot 22 rat shot or something less lethal but enough to make anything think twice after taking a bunch of fletchets. I found a picture of one that had 22 lr top barrel and 410 on the bottom but couldn't find much info on it. I think those are the preferred calibers I'm looking for at this point but I do like snub nosed revolvers purely off how they look. I would prefer revolver over semi auto so jamming is less of an issue. I hadn't thought about a take down riffle I'm going to check into that on my next break lol. Is there anything like a .22/ 410 single shot break down style riffle? And what about shortening barrels? I've seen Some of the 9mm carbine rifles from highpoint that are pretty good looking. But again I have no idea and I'm sure they are probably a lower end brand. Thanks again for input

my bf's beretta with my new Keltec p32 (lol before he got with me my bf was one of those gun control liberals, now he kinda sees my reasoning for owning a gun and has changed a lot so yay!)

Uh4WGxN.jpg

I picked it up at 250 never been fired.

Well done one the re-education.

hose-stop, that it's the coolest thing I've seen in this thread :thumbup:

Thanks for all the advice and input. I agree about the Harley statement and that's exactly my only concern. I wish the was an over under derringer type that first could shoot 22 rat shot or something less lethal but enough to make anything think twice after taking a bunch of fletchets. I found a picture of one that had 22 lr top barrel and 410 on the bottom but couldn't find much info on it. I think those are the preferred calibers I'm looking for at this point but I do like snub nosed revolvers purely off how they look. I would prefer revolver over semi auto so jamming is less of an issue. I hadn't thought about a take down riffle I'm going to check into that on my next break lol. Is there anything like a .22/ 410 single shot break down style riffle? And what about shortening barrels? I've seen Some of the 9mm carbine rifles from highpoint that are pretty good looking. But again I have no idea and I'm sure they are probably a lower end brand. Thanks again for input

You know the best overall gun would be a pump action shot gun,Rem.870 or moseberg,ammo still cheap and they are best for all round use.From home protection to under the seat if you have a bench seat or in the garage wont fit in your back pack though unless you got a big one.But i am more then confident you would not be disappointed.

I wish the was an over under derringer type that first could shoot 22 rat shot or something less lethal but enough to make anything think twice after taking a bunch of fletchets. I found a picture of one that had 22 lr top barrel and 410 on the bottom but couldn't find much info on it. I think those are the preferred calibers I'm looking for at this point but I do like snub nosed revolvers purely off how they look.

Then IMO you need a Taurus "Judge" or "Public Defender". 5-shot revolver that shoots either .45LC or .410 shotgun shells.  :thumbup:

Judge:

taurus-judge-test-etc-a-815.jpg

Public Defender:

Taurus-Judge-Public-Defender-Polymer-Rev

They come in a variety of sizes/lengths, and also in a "lightweight" model. You could carry rock salt or bird shot for a non-lethal option. 

Some people I know who carry them keep them loaded in "escalating" order. First two rounds are rock salt (hey back off!), next two are buckshot (seriously, go away!), last one is a deer slug (okay, now you're dead). 

• Like 1