• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Savage 110 "Dahlia" - 30.06

FEG P9R "Mischief" (Browning Hi-Power "clone") - 9mm

Mossberg 195 KA (Unnamed, Bolt-action) - 12 Gauge

Ithaca M37 "Terror" - 12 Gauge

The Ithaca is my favourite... It had a shortened barrel and a Savage Super Choke (IIRC) welded on (so overall barrel length is about 24"). The Super Choke is pretty neat... Sort of a cross between a muzzle brake and an adjustable choke. I stripped it down, sanded the varnish off the wood furniture, restained it almost black, and sealed it with satin varathane. Put a Limbsaver on the stock (was supposed to go on the Mossy), and that's it for now. I've got a flashlight/laser mount for it, as well as a custom heat shield I built, but it still needs some tweaking before it goes on. Cycles everything pretty well, and the recoil pad is definitely nice for shooting slugs.

• 2 months later...

well i guess ill bring this thread into this year with a gun from 1937...

i got my mosin finally..

m91/30, 1937 year, 7.62x54r. its all numbers matching. i can say its never been used, but it was slathered in cosmoline.. it has no burn powder in the action, so it hasnt been fired for some time...

IMG_20120226_160428.jpg

IMG_20120226_160455.jpg

its a Tula model.. from mother russia.. i just ordered a spam can of 440 surplus rounds... ive got 20 to make sure the sights are good.. im going shooting on tuesday hopefully..

Your going to be happy with that badboy, i got my first mosin in lewiston idaho, at the pawn shop ontop of thain for 70$, it was later my brothers first rifle.

We both have ben thru sevral rifles but have kept our m44 carbines. one of my faverites hands down.

thats pretty clean, man!

i guess im just old school, but the composite stalk just makes it look like any winchester or remington you see... nothing against yours, just what i think..

i bet its alot easier to be accurate with it having that stalk tho..

what kind of sights are you using with yours?

windex eh?

i dont get what you mean about no oil for 2 days... is that after you clean it, or what?

Thats for tge corrossive stuff, the oil "locks" the acids in i guess, so you want to nuetralize it first, clean it 2 days in a row with windex (amonia nuetralizes the acids/corrosives) then oil.

If you got a 440rnd "tin" then its most deffently corrosive, cheap wolf usualy isnt, if its a modern(2007+) load

You should try some good ol sight bright, made in lake oswego or, its cheap and works good, and theres enoughf left over to do your gauges :lol:

2012-02-26233408.jpg

I just have some upgraded peep sights on it right now. Saving for a upper rail mount from rock

solid. Barrel is completely free floating on that stock, a bushing kit between the upper and lower receiver to further the fact its free floating, upgraded bolt kit and fresh trigger. It has a nice pull for being as old as it is lol. Once I get the mount and a scope on there I feel I can get some solid shots down range. :)

0612002356.jpg

corrosive ammo

Clean with hot water and liquid soap is cheap.

Works not matter what you guys say.

Plus if you clean it after every use gun will still last longer than you.

My other cleans I dont clean ,very rarely. If barrel has copper fouling(green) then I will clean it.

AR15 you need to clean all the time otherwise they will jam(accurate rifle_

AKs never need cleaning and still work but not accurate

PS Guns are cheap one goes bad buy another

• Like 2